- India set South Africa 204- run target in 1st T20
- Moderate polling in Tripura Assembly elections
- PNB fraud fuelled during demonetisation: Bengal CM
- Shame on you! student tells Trump at Florida anti-gun rally
- Modi inaugurates new BJP headquarters in Delhi
- Naval chopper tender: AgustaWestland withdraws plea from HC on bank guarantee
- Sebi may give fresh push to loan default disclosure by listed firms
Shivpal gloats about voting for Kovind
Shivpal Yadav, the warring uncle of Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav hit back with vengeance by publically voting against the party line in the Presidential poll on Monday. Akhilesh had unceremoniously sacked Shivpal Yadav from the Cabinet in October 2016.
Shivpal not only gloated before the media that he had voted for the NDA’s presidential candidate and described him as a person with Rs secular credentials’, he also posted his Rs adventure’ on the Facebook.
“Yes, I have voted for Ramnath Kovind. I have voted as per the directions of Netaji (Mulayam Singh Yadav) . All my life I have done what was told to me by Netaji. Most of the SP MLAs have voted for Kovind,’’ claimed Shivpal after casting his vote.
Yadav was accompanied by two Independent MLAs -Vijay Mishra and Aman Mani Tripathi, who were camp followers of Shivpal but were denied tickets by Akhilesh Yadav in the last Assembly elections.
- Modi enlists measures taken by India to protect environment 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- PM to start ‚ÄėKisaano se Charcha‚Äô on Feb 20 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Students ask Modi about his preparations for 2019 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- On Sept 13, 2013 Rahul visited Nirav show, next day loan was okayed: BJP 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Modi Govt allowed bank loot right under its nose: Cong 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Rahul dissolves CWC, forms 34-member Steering Committee 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Rlys to do away with paper reservation charts on coaches 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- India waiting for Maldives to end Emergency 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- SC: Poll candidates must disclose source of income 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Sikh radicalism in Canada to figure at Modi, Trudeau talks 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Saturday dedicated to the people of the State an interntional standard 'Swami Vivekananda Stadium' built at a cost of Rs 17 crore at Kota in Raipur. After inaugurating the stadium, the Chief Minister had a look at various facilities at the stadium...