Shivpal gloats about voting for Kovind
Shivpal Yadav, the warring uncle of Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav hit back with vengeance by publically voting against the party line in the Presidential poll on Monday. Akhilesh had unceremoniously sacked Shivpal Yadav from the Cabinet in October 2016.
Shivpal not only gloated before the media that he had voted for the NDA’s presidential candidate and described him as a person with Rs secular credentials’, he also posted his Rs adventure’ on the Facebook.
“Yes, I have voted for Ramnath Kovind. I have voted as per the directions of Netaji (Mulayam Singh Yadav) . All my life I have done what was told to me by Netaji. Most of the SP MLAs have voted for Kovind,’’ claimed Shivpal after casting his vote.
Yadav was accompanied by two Independent MLAs -Vijay Mishra and Aman Mani Tripathi, who were camp followers of Shivpal but were denied tickets by Akhilesh Yadav in the last Assembly elections.
- Activists draft Water Rights Security Act 26 Jul 2017 | PNS
- Opp urges LS Speaker to revoke suspension of 6 Congress MPs 26 Jul 2017 | PNS
- 12th pass students to be trained as nature guides 26 Jul 2017 | Archana Jyoti
- Paramilitary forces seek GST exemption for canteens 26 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Will quit LS if slur of anti-Dalit remarks proven true: Scindia 26 Jul 2017 | PNS
- Karnan makes representation to Kovind, seeks remission of jail-term 26 Jul 2017 | PNS
- Yechury unlikely to get 2nd term in Upper House 26 Jul 2017 | PNS
- Army sufficiently equipped: Jaitley 26 Jul 2017 | PNS
- PM inspects flood-hit Gujarat, declares Rs 500-cr relief 26 Jul 2017 | Nayan Dave
- Bihar Session set to begin but CM remains silent on Tejashwi 26 Jul 2017 | Faizan Ahmad
Sunday EditionView All
23 Jul 2017 | IANS | New Delhi
Only 349 of 4,862 India's large dams have emergency disaster action plans in place, the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India's performance report on flood control and management schemes of the Water Resources Ministry has revealed. "Out of 4,862 large dams, emergency action plans or disaster management plans of only 349 dams, which is seven per cent, were prepared (March 2016)...
STATE EDITIONSView All
26 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Taking a jibe at Woman and Child Development Minister Archana Chitnis, former Chief Minister and the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) senior member Babulal Gaur on Tuesday said in the Assembly that he is hurt when the Minister does not keep her promise made in the House. While Chitnis was replying to a query posed by Moti Kashyap of the BJP on electricity arrangements in anganwadis, Gaur sought permission from Speaker...