Statue of Unity replica to be erected at Mahatma Mandir
Ahead of the much-awaited function on Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD), to be inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 7 January 2015, a replica of world’s tallest statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel is to be constructed near Sardar Sarovar Dam at Mahatma Mandir.
The three-day function will also be attended by President Pranab Mukherjee, other senior dignitaries along with the Non-Resident Indians (NRIs).
Meanwhile, on Friday Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel visited the proposed site for the Prime Minister’s dream project —182-metre tall Statue of Unity of Sardar Patel — to review the progress. The project will be world’s tallest statue.Patel said a replica of the statue would be put near the venue of the function, to be held at Gandhinagar from January 7-9.
Patel also visited the Sardar Sarovar Project (SSP) dam site at Kevadia and reviewed the progress of increasing the height of the dam. It was her second visit to the site after June 17 last, the day Prime Minister Narendra Modi had approved placing sluice gate atop the dam. She was told by senior officials at the site that the work is on progress on 17 piers at three different points, while that on other piers would be taken up later. She exuded confidence that the work would be completed on time.
- Internet like thing existed in Mahabharata era: Tripura Guv 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Six-month-old girl found dead in MP 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Sohrabuddin case: Two more CBI witnesses turn hostile 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Mumbai-based CA leaves Rs 100-cr biz to become Jain monk 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
- IRCTC case: Court fixes time for CBI to procure sanction to prosecute Lalu 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
- SC to hear on Mon plea against dilution of anti-dowry law 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Modi joins world leaders for CHOGM retreat in UK 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
- PM arrives in Germany to hold talks with Merkel 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Central Rly recovers Rs 153 cr in fines for ticketless travel 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
- HC to Rlys: Visually impaired need human assistance, not wheelchair 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal on Saturday inspected Anand Vihar ISBT area and reviewed issues related to traffic, parking, encroachment and sanitation. He directed Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System Ltd (DIMTS) and East Delhi Municipal Corporation to remove all unauthorised encroachments near the entry point of Anand Vihar ISBT and surrounding footpaths to facilitate easy movement of pedestrians...