- Always wanted to join the Army: Gen Bipin Rawat
- Russian interference had no impact on US presidential polls: Trump
- PM Modi holds 'substantiative' talks with Iran Prez
- Arvinder Singh Lovely rejoins Congress
- CBI arrests 2 PNB officials, authorised signatory of Nirav Modi company
- Cheating case: Developer DS Kulkarni detained in Delhi
- Sex ratio at birth dips in 17 of 21 large states, Guj records 53 points fall
- I don't feel like competing with anyone: Kohli
- Poll candidates must disclose source of income: SC
- CBI approaches Interpol to locate Nirav Modi
- SC reduces TN's Cauvery water share
Statue of Unity replica to be erected at Mahatma Mandir
Ahead of the much-awaited function on Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD), to be inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 7 January 2015, a replica of world’s tallest statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel is to be constructed near Sardar Sarovar Dam at Mahatma Mandir.
The three-day function will also be attended by President Pranab Mukherjee, other senior dignitaries along with the Non-Resident Indians (NRIs).
Meanwhile, on Friday Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel visited the proposed site for the Prime Minister’s dream project —182-metre tall Statue of Unity of Sardar Patel — to review the progress. The project will be world’s tallest statue.Patel said a replica of the statue would be put near the venue of the function, to be held at Gandhinagar from January 7-9.
Patel also visited the Sardar Sarovar Project (SSP) dam site at Kevadia and reviewed the progress of increasing the height of the dam. It was her second visit to the site after June 17 last, the day Prime Minister Narendra Modi had approved placing sluice gate atop the dam. She was told by senior officials at the site that the work is on progress on 17 piers at three different points, while that on other piers would be taken up later. She exuded confidence that the work would be completed on time.
- Modi enlists measures taken by India to protect environment 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- PM to start ‚ÄėKisaano se Charcha‚Äô on Feb 20 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Students ask Modi about his preparations for 2019 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- On Sept 13, 2013 Rahul visited Nirav show, next day loan was okayed: BJP 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Modi Govt allowed bank loot right under its nose: Cong 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Rahul dissolves CWC, forms 34-member Steering Committee 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Rlys to do away with paper reservation charts on coaches 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- India waiting for Maldives to end Emergency 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- SC: Poll candidates must disclose source of income 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Sikh radicalism in Canada to figure at Modi, Trudeau talks 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | IANS | Jaipur
At least nine persons were killed and 18 others injured when two LPG cylinders exploded at a wedding in Beawar in Rajasthan's Ajmer district, police said on Saturday. According to police, six persons were referred to a hospital in Ajmer while 12 were referred to the district hospital in Beawar...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Madhya Pradesh Government has worked with dedication in education, health, food, agriculture, irrigation and tribal welfare, said Public Relations Minister Narottam Mishra while addressing public meeting during campaigning for Kolaras by-election. Minister Mishra addressed meetings at Khatorda, Barod, Hairpur, Emloda and Toria regions...