Toddler sexually assaulted in Bengaluru school
Still the incident of Delhi school where a seven-year-old Pradyuman Thakur, a student of Ryan International School, was found in the toilet with his throat slit is still fresh in the memory, another incident of a four-year-old toddler, allegedly sexually assaulted at a private school in north Bengaluru by a security person has shamed the IT city again.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (North Bengaluru) Chetan Singh Rathore said medical tests had been conducted and a case under the Protection of Children From Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act registered against unidentified person.
“The girl told her parents she was assaulted inside the school but CCTV footage available from 9.30 am onwards does not corroborate her statement. We have detained the security guards of the school and are questioning them,” Rathore said.
According to sources the matter was reported to the police after the child returned home on Tuesday and complained of pain. Suspecting a sexual assault, the parents rushed her to the MS Ramaiah Hospital and registered a complaint. The formal medical report is pending.
“We have registered a case based on the complaint of the parents. But we are not getting supporting evidence from the CCTV cameras or medical examination. No guards were seen near the girl... we are waiting for a formal medical report and to talk to the child,” said DCP Chethan Singh Rathor.
Police said they have taken a security guard into custody after questioning the school staff. They said cases will also be filed against the school management if any negligence is found said the police.
The school, located in Dasarahalli area on the city outskirts, has CCTV cameras and other security protocol in place. With increasing incidents of attack on children in Bengaluru and elsewhere, security at schools has become a matter of huge concern after a child was found murdered at a school in the Millennium City last week.
Hundreds of parents have been holding protests in Mumbai and Gurgaon, near Delhi, outside the various branches of the school.
- International Geeta Mahotsav to start on November 25 21 Nov 2017 | PNS
- Aircraft built on terrace in Maha gets DGCA nod 21 Nov 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Plea in HC seeks removal of Kerala CM 21 Nov 2017 | PNS
- China objects to Kovind's visit to Arunachal Pradesh 21 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Rajnath dismisses reports of ISIS presence in Kashmir 21 Nov 2017 | PTI
- China rejects Pak's allegation of RAW sabotaging CPEC 21 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Security drill begins for Ivanka‚Äôs visit to Hyd for global summit 21 Nov 2017 | Omer Farooq
- Singapore Airlines to operate flights to Amaravati 21 Nov 2017 | V Sudhakar Rao
- HM terrorist shot dead in Tral 21 Nov 2017 | Khursheed Wani
- 5.6 lakh children are malnourished in Maha, no money spent on nutrition 21 Nov 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Nov 2017 | Parvinder Bhatia | Jamshedpur
State’s first women university will come at Sidhgora in the eastern part of Jamshedpur, Chief Minister Raghubar Das said on Monday in Jamshedpur. “I am happy to announce that first Women’s University will come up at Sidhgora...