- Swaraj condoles death of ex-Nepal PM Prachanda's son
- 'Padmavati' makers postpone film's release amid controversy
- Modi govt likely to get corruption tag as UPA II: Chidambaram
- Kovind, Modi pays tribute to Indira Gandhi on birth centenary
- Committed to improve sanitation facilities: Modi
- Leh freezes, Gulmarg coldest in Kashmir Valley
UIDAI chairman: Aadhaar completely secure from malware
Allaying concerns about the security of data in Aadhaar servers in the wake of "WannaCry" ransomware attack, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) on Wednesday said its database was completely secured and immune to attacks from any kind of malware.
"The data in the Aadhaar servers is in the encrypted form. You cannot do anything with that information, which is in an encrypted form. Aadhaar main systems, which are really so very well-designed and robustly designed that there is no concern about security in Aadhaar," UIDAI chairman J Satyanarayana said.
UIDAI presently maintains the data of about 114 crore Indians in over 6,000 servers located in Bengaluru and Manesar.
"Just 48 hours back we had big scare all over the world about this ransomware. So, in Aadhaar, people were sleeping peacefully (as they are sure of its security features)... That it is 100 per cent sure that nothing would happen. Such robust systems were put in place in Aadhaar," he said in a programme organised by the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers.
- Illegal mining: Ex-Goa CM files anticipatory bail plea 20 Nov 2017 | PTI
- BJP is Indira-friendly as she was steeped in religion, says Jairam 20 Nov 2017 | PTI
- 8 TN fishermen arrested by Sri Lankan Navy 20 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Sasikala's brother says Jaya left her without ‚Äėprotection' 20 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Shripad Naik calls for yoga inclusion in hospitals 20 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Lucknow Metro gears up to check air pollution 20 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Pondy CM alleges interference by Guvs 20 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Karni men protest at Kolkata cinema 20 Nov 2017 | PNS
- Villagers protest ‚Äėland grab‚Äô, clash with cops at Panji Para 20 Nov 2017 | Saugar Sengupta
- Top functionary of NSCN-K arrested 20 Nov 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The report of the Special Task Force (STF) investigating the delay in registering an FIR in the gang rape case that had recently shaken the State Capital, would be out on Monday. The STF was formed to investigate the gang rape case and to find out the police officials who were guilty of not registering an FIR in the case...