UP to use hi-tech technology for construction of roads: Maurya
Deputy Chief Minister and PWD Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya said that Uttar Pradesh will go for a new hi-tech technology for construction of roads which will be cheap as well as durable.
He also announced all villages across the State will have two-lane roads. “New technology like use of recycled material in the construction of roads is in use in UP. This new technology is cost-efficient and also has the capacity of bear load. “The new technology, used in Unnao for the first time, has decreased cost by around 30 per cent with increasing the life of the road up to 50 years,” Maurya claimed.
The Deputry CM was briefing the media about the two-day national conference on ‘Challenges on Road Sector and New Technologies’ to be held in Lucknow from December 8 which has been named as ‘Lucknow Conference’. Experts in the field of road construction and equipment development from almost all IITs and other renowned organisations from the country are likely to participate in the conference.
Besides, experts from foreign countries like UK, Germany and Netherlands would also air their view in technical sessions to male the delegates aware about the development of road in their countries.
“This would be a new experience as people who are best in road sector will be taking part in this conference,” Maurya said adding that recommendations of the conference would be adopted by UP Government so that people could get good road by using latest technology.
Announcing that UP will bring a policy on only constructing two-lane road in the State very soon, the Minister said that the conference will discuss in detail about construction of quality and cheaper road in the State.
The Lucknow Conference would be inaugurated on Friday jointly by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and Union Surface Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari. Besides, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and several Ministers from other States are also expected to participate in the conference.
- India successfully test-fires BrahMos supersonic cruise 22 May 2018 | PTI
- KVIC sets world record on World Honey-Bee Day 22 May 2018 | PNS
- China calls mining report near Arunachal border ‚Äėgroundless‚Äô 22 May 2018 | IANS
- Modi tells students he saw a Putin different from the President 22 May 2018 | PTI
- PM invokes Vajpayee to assert strong bond between India, Russia 22 May 2018 | PTI
- Indo-Russian ties enjoy strategic partnership: Modi to Putin 22 May 2018 | PTI
- NHRC issues notice to UP Govt over 13 hooch deaths 22 May 2018 | PNS
- UP police pledges to fight subversive forces on Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary 22 May 2018 | PNS
- Rly to close 150 yrs old rail section in Patna for road 22 May 2018 | Faizan Ahmad
- Stamped ballot papers lay strewn in Bengal boondocks 22 May 2018 | Saugar Sengupta
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A women’s youth camp under Go Rurban camp with the objective to connect rural and urban youth together will be held at village Sijora district Dindori. The basic idea of the camp is to build a stronger bridge in order to fill the gap between rural and urban society...