Vice-Prez to visit Armenia, Poland from April 24 to 28
Vice-President Hamid Ansari will travel to Armenia and Poland from April 24-28 to hold talks with the top leaders of these countries.
Ansari will be in Armenia from April 24-26. His visit comes at a time when the two countries are celebrating 25th anniversary of their diplomatic relations. In Armenian capital Yerevan, the Vice-President will hold discussions with the country’s President, Prime Minister and the Foreign Minister. The two sides are working out some important pacts to be signed during the visit.
“The visit intends to further strengthen the cordial relation between the two countries, develop cooperation and partnership on a wide range of issues of shared common interest. This is 25th anniversary of diplomatic relationship with Armenia and such high level visits will further relationships between the countries,” Ministry of External Affairs Secretary (East) Preeti Saran said on Thursday.
Ansari will reach Warsaw on April 26 on a three-day visit to Poland where he will hold talks with the Polish President, the Prime Minister and the Speaker of the Senate. Poland has been highly supportive of India’s aspirations at the international level including its membership in the Nuclear Suppliers Group .
“India has close ties with Poland and our strong economic ties starts from 1990. Indian investments in Poland amount to around $3 billion. India sees Poland as an emerging economic power. Our trade has gone 25 per cent in just one year,” Saran said. Agreements in agriculture sector are expected to be signed during the visit.
The Vice-President will be accompanied by his wife Salma Ansari, Union Minister of State for Small, Medium and Micro Industries Giriraj Singh, MPs Sitaram Yechury, D.P. Tripathi, Vivek Tankha and Thupstan Chhewang.
- Inshort 21 Sep 2017 | PNS
- ND Tiwari suffers brain stroke: Son 21 Sep 2017 | PTI
- ‚ÄėKejriwal to have political discussions with Kamal Haasan' 21 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Alert personnel avert possible rail accident in Bengaluru 21 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Govt plans ‚Äėlab on boat' for analysing Brahmaputra river 21 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Decline in under 5 mortality rates: Union Health Min 21 Sep 2017 | PNS
- UP Govt Sankalp Patra effort to conceal failure: Maya 21 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Let RaGa campaign abroad for party, we will do so here: BJP 21 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Intolerance, unemployment key issues facing India: RaGa 21 Sep 2017 | PTI
- India will work beyond Paris pact to reduce emissions 21 Sep 2017 | S Rajagopalan
Sunday EditionView All
17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A 38-year-old man has been arrested by the Farsh Bazaar police for allegedly duping people coming to ATM and fraudulently withdrawing their money. Twelve ATM cards have been recovered from his possession...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Sep 2017 | PNS | Ranchi
With the objective to create awareness among the budding football stars of the Capital City and to motivate the footballers of the U/17 age group, Delhi Public School in association with Hermes Voyage Kolkata will host its first ever Inter School Football Tournament: ‘Ranchi Cup-2017’. The tournament will be organised on the campus premises on September 21 and September 22...