Vice-Prez to visit Armenia, Poland from April 24 to 28
Vice-President Hamid Ansari will travel to Armenia and Poland from April 24-28 to hold talks with the top leaders of these countries.
Ansari will be in Armenia from April 24-26. His visit comes at a time when the two countries are celebrating 25th anniversary of their diplomatic relations. In Armenian capital Yerevan, the Vice-President will hold discussions with the country’s President, Prime Minister and the Foreign Minister. The two sides are working out some important pacts to be signed during the visit.
“The visit intends to further strengthen the cordial relation between the two countries, develop cooperation and partnership on a wide range of issues of shared common interest. This is 25th anniversary of diplomatic relationship with Armenia and such high level visits will further relationships between the countries,” Ministry of External Affairs Secretary (East) Preeti Saran said on Thursday.
Ansari will reach Warsaw on April 26 on a three-day visit to Poland where he will hold talks with the Polish President, the Prime Minister and the Speaker of the Senate. Poland has been highly supportive of India’s aspirations at the international level including its membership in the Nuclear Suppliers Group .
“India has close ties with Poland and our strong economic ties starts from 1990. Indian investments in Poland amount to around $3 billion. India sees Poland as an emerging economic power. Our trade has gone 25 per cent in just one year,” Saran said. Agreements in agriculture sector are expected to be signed during the visit.
The Vice-President will be accompanied by his wife Salma Ansari, Union Minister of State for Small, Medium and Micro Industries Giriraj Singh, MPs Sitaram Yechury, D.P. Tripathi, Vivek Tankha and Thupstan Chhewang.
- Apex court refuses to apply POCSO to adult victims having mental age of child 22 Jul 2017 | PNS
- 33% of child brides in world Indian: Report 22 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Jawan succumbs to Pak sniper fire injuries 22 Jul 2017 | Mohit Kandhari
- In brief 22 Jul 2017 | PNS
- ‚ÄėIndia, China, Pak among 10 nations accounting for 95% HIV infections‚Äô 22 Jul 2017 | PTI
- National Food Security Act not implemented as it should be: SC 22 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Govt contradicts self on privacy 22 Jul 2017 | PNS
- Uproar in RS over broadcasting expunged remarks 22 Jul 2017 | PNS
- Didi responsible for Darjeeling turmoil: Centre 22 Jul 2017 | PNS
- Govt doing nothing to help crisis-hit farmers: Cong in LS 22 Jul 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
16 Jul 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
The Congress would launch a protest campaign both against the Centre as well as UP Government starting from next month. “People are feeling the pinch of unpopular decision of Modi Government like demonetisation, GST etc so now we will raise the people voice by protesting on all the district head-quarters in the State on August 9 on occasion of August Kranti Day”, disclosed chairman of the UPCC media...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Jul 2017 | Nityanand Dubey | Garhwa
The district administration has begun preparations for the district-level Independence Day function. Garhwa Deputy Commissioner Neha Arora on Thursday convened a meeting with officials of various departments and citizens at conference hall...