Vice-Prez to visit Armenia, Poland from April 24 to 28
Vice-President Hamid Ansari will travel to Armenia and Poland from April 24-28 to hold talks with the top leaders of these countries.
Ansari will be in Armenia from April 24-26. His visit comes at a time when the two countries are celebrating 25th anniversary of their diplomatic relations. In Armenian capital Yerevan, the Vice-President will hold discussions with the country’s President, Prime Minister and the Foreign Minister. The two sides are working out some important pacts to be signed during the visit.
“The visit intends to further strengthen the cordial relation between the two countries, develop cooperation and partnership on a wide range of issues of shared common interest. This is 25th anniversary of diplomatic relationship with Armenia and such high level visits will further relationships between the countries,” Ministry of External Affairs Secretary (East) Preeti Saran said on Thursday.
Ansari will reach Warsaw on April 26 on a three-day visit to Poland where he will hold talks with the Polish President, the Prime Minister and the Speaker of the Senate. Poland has been highly supportive of India’s aspirations at the international level including its membership in the Nuclear Suppliers Group .
“India has close ties with Poland and our strong economic ties starts from 1990. Indian investments in Poland amount to around $3 billion. India sees Poland as an emerging economic power. Our trade has gone 25 per cent in just one year,” Saran said. Agreements in agriculture sector are expected to be signed during the visit.
The Vice-President will be accompanied by his wife Salma Ansari, Union Minister of State for Small, Medium and Micro Industries Giriraj Singh, MPs Sitaram Yechury, D.P. Tripathi, Vivek Tankha and Thupstan Chhewang.
- Why the malafide impeachment motion was bound to fail? 25 Apr 2018 | Arun Jaitley
- Modern twists at Khadi fashion show 25 Apr 2018 | Pioneer News Service
- Chairman for bio-metric system at RS Secretariat 25 Apr 2018 | Pioneer News Service
- Ensure no violence takes place: Centre to 3 States 25 Apr 2018 | Pioneer News Service
- ITC, GMR to submit vision for Taj upkeep 25 Apr 2018 | Pioneer News Service
- IAF drill to hone combat readiness ends 25 Apr 2018 | Pioneer News Service
- Modi-Xi meet aims to smoothen rough edges 25 Apr 2018 | Vineeta Pandey
- Jewar airport likely to handle 10 cr passengers by 2050: PwC report 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Involvement in India will be investigated: CA 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Sushma arrives in Mongolia on 2-day visit 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
26 Apr 2018 | PNS | BRAHMAPUR
The ICAR-Central Institute of Freshwater Aquaculture (CIFA) in collaboration with the State Fisheries Department, Ganjam zone, conducted an awareness meet for tribal students entitled "Fish as Healthy Food” at Badapalli Ashram School in Digapahandi block on April 20. More than 350 students from seven nearby schools participated in a meet with their teachers...