Vice-Prez to visit Armenia, Poland from April 24 to 28
Vice-President Hamid Ansari will travel to Armenia and Poland from April 24-28 to hold talks with the top leaders of these countries.
Ansari will be in Armenia from April 24-26. His visit comes at a time when the two countries are celebrating 25th anniversary of their diplomatic relations. In Armenian capital Yerevan, the Vice-President will hold discussions with the country’s President, Prime Minister and the Foreign Minister. The two sides are working out some important pacts to be signed during the visit.
“The visit intends to further strengthen the cordial relation between the two countries, develop cooperation and partnership on a wide range of issues of shared common interest. This is 25th anniversary of diplomatic relationship with Armenia and such high level visits will further relationships between the countries,” Ministry of External Affairs Secretary (East) Preeti Saran said on Thursday.
Ansari will reach Warsaw on April 26 on a three-day visit to Poland where he will hold talks with the Polish President, the Prime Minister and the Speaker of the Senate. Poland has been highly supportive of India’s aspirations at the international level including its membership in the Nuclear Suppliers Group .
“India has close ties with Poland and our strong economic ties starts from 1990. Indian investments in Poland amount to around $3 billion. India sees Poland as an emerging economic power. Our trade has gone 25 per cent in just one year,” Saran said. Agreements in agriculture sector are expected to be signed during the visit.
The Vice-President will be accompanied by his wife Salma Ansari, Union Minister of State for Small, Medium and Micro Industries Giriraj Singh, MPs Sitaram Yechury, D.P. Tripathi, Vivek Tankha and Thupstan Chhewang.
- All is not well with TDP-BJP alliance in AP! 24 May 2017 | Omer Farooq
- Faction fighting in TDP rears its ugly head again 24 May 2017 | Omer Farooq
- Shatrughan-Sushil Twitter war effort to gain lost status? 24 May 2017 | Faizan Ahmad
- Partnership with TMC limited to Prez polls: Bengal Congress 24 May 2017 | Saugar Sengupta
- Shiv Sena protests over Karnataka Min’s threat to Marathi-speaking MLAs 24 May 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- 2 years of AIADMK Govt: Uncertainty looms large 24 May 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
- Modi for cooperation between African nations, India 24 May 2017 | Nayan Dave
- Local leaders’ laxity in implementing road map upsets BJP chief 24 May 2017 | Omer Farooq
- Shah begins work to win Telangana to conquer South 24 May 2017 | Omer Farooq
- Cong lauds Army for action across LoC 24 May 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
21 May 2017 | PTI | Jamshedpur
Protest against lynching of four persons intensified today and the police had to fire in the air to disperse a mob, while prohibitory orders under Section 144 were imposed in four areas here for tonight. Police fired in the air to disperse a mob that blocked roads in Mango area, demanding arrest of culprits involved in the lynching of four persons of a community at Rajnagar in Seraikela-Kharswan district on Thursday...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 May 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
Acting on information received on stacking of foreign exchange in violation of rules, possession of assets disproportionate to sources of income and unaccounted- for money and others, the vigilance sleuths of Enforcement Directorate reportedly swooped down on a well-known chain of shops- Kumar Store- located at Nashvila Road, GMS Road and Rajpur Road in Dehradun on Tuesday. The raids started from 1 pm and continued till evening...