- Militant, among 3 killed in J&K forest shootout
- 15 dead Maoists fished out of Maharashtra river; toll 37
- Saroj Khan backs casting couch, says film industry 'at least' gives jobs
- Pakistan hockey hero seeks heart transplant in India
- India strongly raises terrorism issue at SCO FMs' meet in China
- Trump admin toughens H1-B visa procedure
- PM launches Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan
- Kathua rape-murder: Cop, SPO arrested by SIT move J-K HC
Want to stick to right path of ties with India: China
China wants to stick to the “right path” of bilateral ties with India, explore new areas for cooperation and ensure sound and steady development of the relationship, the Chinese Foreign Ministry said on Monday.
Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying’s remarks came during a media briefing as she replied to a question on a series of high-level meetings between the two countries.
After last year’s stand-off in Dokalam, India and China have stepped up dialogue at various levels to reset the ties.
Hua said China’s ties with India have seen new progress and all round cooperation this year.
“This year under the guidance of the two leaders (Chinese President Xi Jinping and Prime Minister Narendra Modi), China and India relations have been developing with a sound momentum,” Hua said.
“China attaches great importance to developing relations with India and we would like to work together to implement the consensus reached by leaders, stick to the right path of the bilateral ties, accumulate more positive energy, explore new areas for cooperation and ensure sound and steady development of bilateral ties,” she said.
“We have seen close exchanges at all levels and new progress in all round cooperation,” Hua said without elaborating.
On April 13, a meeting was held between National Security Advisor Ajit Doval and Yang Jiechi, Director of China’s Foreign Affairs Commission and member of the ruling Communist Party of China (CPC) in Shanghai.
Besides the meeting between Yang and Doval, the two countries “successfully” held 11th Joint Economic Group meeting and the fifth Strategic Economic Dialogue (SED), she said.
Hua said officials from the two foreign ministers also met. The two sides also held working mechanism meeting on border affairs and cross border rivers, she said.
“These interaction show that China and India share wide range of common interests and our bilateral cooperation holds great potential,” she said. External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman are also due to visit China on April 24 to take part in the meetings of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO).
Prime Minister Modi himself is scheduled to visit China in June to take part in the SCO summit in the Chinese city of Qingdao.
- Leopard captured in J&K's Ramban 24 Apr 2018 | PNS
- Situation created by Modi govt worse than emergency: Yashwant 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Cong responsible if Dalits face atrocities even 70 yrs after independence: Paswan 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- SC seeks govt's reply on plea against polygamy, nikah halala 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Parents held for killing newborn, abandoning body 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- PM Modi to visit Nepal on May 11 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Oli speaks to Indian, Pak PMs to restart SAARC 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Swamy moves SC for right to pray at Ayodhya 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Disclose number of files on Subhas Chandra Bose: CIC to PMO 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- India to get 2 world-class rly stations by 2019 24 Apr 2018 | Deepak Kumar Jha
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The first meeting of Acharya Shankar Ekta Nyas was held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Monday at Chief Minister’s residence. Discussion on setting up statue, museum, institution establishment, premises construction, architectural style and vision, rules of the trust, administrative requirements, financial management and formation of executive committee was held in the meeting...