Sorghum: Popularly called jowar in India, this millet has several health benefits. First, being that it is gluten-free and helps a person on a diet to lose weight. The other major health benefits includes the millet’s ability to prevent certain types of cancer, help control diabetes improve digestion, build strong bones and boost energy.
It is the fifth most important cereal crop after wheat, corn, rice and barley. Jowar is full of nutrients too. It provides vitamins like niacin, riboflavin, and thiamin and has high levels of magnesium, iron, copper, calcium and potassium. An increase in iron means better oxidisation of blood leading to better oxidisation of tissues, muscles and organs. It also provides almost half of the daily intake of protein and dietary fibre.
The millet also contains phosphorus which helps to maintain the response of emotions, neurons and hormones.
- the good loser 22 May 2018 | Dr Naresh Arora
- fasting the healthy way 22 May 2018 | Saumya Satakshi
- TIPTOP 22 May 2018 | Pioneer Health
- Docyard | Thyroid is a major disruptor 22 May 2018 | Dr Dhrity Vats
- SummerCooler 22 May 2018 | Pioneer Health
- DadiKaKehna 22 May 2018 | Roshani Devi
- ‚ÄėHealthcare should be part of school syllabus‚Äô 22 May 2018 | PNS
- a b c d OF DYSLEXIA 15 May 2018 | Dr Sapna Zarwal
- Docyard | New scans for tumours 15 May 2018 | Dr Vikram Lele
- Family time healthy time 15 May 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 May 2018 | Santosh Narayan | Ranchi
When Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his Jharkhand visit on Friday sits with the Deputy Commissioners and officials of the 19 aspirational districts it would boost hope of speedy development of the areas that have been in the red zone. It is learnt that all the DCs concerned have been told to be ready with crisp presentations highlighting not only the good works done in their areas identified but also...