Your pet’s itchiness, especially during summers, makes you feel helpless & makes you run to the vet who spares no thought before injecting antibiotics or steroids. ROSHANI DEVI tells you how to treat the dog at home
It is summer and the heat is killing your pet more than you. He is scratchy, irritated, restless and angry. There are ways to avoid the vet and treat the pet at home the easy and healthy way. Here’s how:
Apple cider: After a bath, you could rinse your dog with 50-50 apple cider and water mix. It gives instant relief. Better still, use a spray to administer the healing liquid on the affected area.
Coconut oil: Not just for humans, coconut oil is a super oil for pets too. Add a few drops in the pet’s feed and have them savour the relief food. Dogs, by the way, love coconut and the oil is excellent for their coat and overall health. No need for a dog specific coconut oil any good quality brand will do.
nBaking soda: Discard the misperception about not giving your dog a frequent bath. If he is itchy, you can bathe him once a week in summers and while doing so, here’s what you could additionally do: Prepare a thick paste by using a 50/50 mix of baking soda and water. Apply to affected areas of your dog’s skin, leave for 20 minutes, and rinse off. Or you could add one cup of baking soda to your pet’s bathing water if he is itching all over. This gives a huge relief to the dog.
- the good loser 22 May 2018 | Dr Naresh Arora
- fasting the healthy way 22 May 2018 | Saumya Satakshi
- TIPTOP 22 May 2018 | Pioneer Health
- Docyard | Thyroid is a major disruptor 22 May 2018 | Dr Dhrity Vats
- SummerCooler 22 May 2018 | Pioneer Health
- DadiKaKehna 22 May 2018 | Roshani Devi
- ‚ÄėHealthcare should be part of school syllabus‚Äô 22 May 2018 | PNS
- a b c d OF DYSLEXIA 15 May 2018 | Dr Sapna Zarwal
- Docyard | New scans for tumours 15 May 2018 | Dr Vikram Lele
- Family time healthy time 15 May 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A women’s youth camp under Go Rurban camp with the objective to connect rural and urban youth together will be held at village Sijora district Dindori. The basic idea of the camp is to build a stronger bridge in order to fill the gap between rural and urban society...