- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Nuclear-armed Pak can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes: A Q Khan
- Large cache of arms, ammunition seized in Rajouri in J-K
- Over 5 cr driving licences bogus; Offenders face one-yr jail
- Attack on African nationals: Swaraj speaks to HM, LG
- Nepal unveils $10 billion budget
- Egypt's army kills 36 militants, defuses 38 bombs in Sinai
- NASA successfully deploys space station's inflatable room
- Robbery case:Dec 16 gangrape convicts move HC against sentence
Bollywood mourns Jia Khan's untimely death
Calling her "full of life" and "high-spirited", Bollywood celebrities expressed their grief and shock over the death of young actress Jia Khan.
Jia, 25, whose real name is Nafisa Khan, was found hanging at her residence at around 11 pm last night.
The actress made her acting debut with Ram Gopal Varma's 'Nishabd' opposite Amitabh Bachchan in March 2007.
"What!!! Jiah Khan ??? what has happened ? is this correct ? unbelievable !!!," tweeted a shocked Bachchan.
Filmmaker Varma called Jia a girl with "spunk and spirit".
"Never ever seen a debutante actress with more spunk and more spirit than Jiah when I was directing her in 'Nishabd'. The whole unit of 'Nishabd' was literally in love with Jiah.
"No matter what her problem was I just so wish she applied her on-screen philosophy of 'Nishabd' to her own life. Shocked and choked to hear about Jiah," Varma tweeted.
The British-Indian actress was later seen opposite Aamir Khan in "Ghajini" and Akshay Kumar in "Housefull". She had been missing from the big screen for a while now.
Actor Riteish Deshmukh, who worked with Jia in "Housefull", said, "Nothing worse than waking up to a bad news- shocked n dumb struck- RIP Jiah. She was full of life and had incredible sense of humour. She was a friend n will miss her. Am deeply saddened."
"Jiah Khan was full of life when I worked with her long time back. So sad that something drove her to take this extreme step. RIP," tweeted Anupam Kher who had also worked with the actress.
Actor Shahid Kapoor, said, "Shocked and saddened to hear about Jiah Khan... Very disturbing. RIP... May her soul rest in peace."
"Life has to be experienced and lived!It's a limitless ocean, have to swim through it,and not let it drown you! Rip Jiah Khan!God bless her soul," Bipasha Basu tweeted.
"Rip Jiah khan. Terrible tragedy.. Very very shocking and disturbing news," added Sonam Kapoor.
Filmmaker-choreographer Farah Khan tweeted, "Can't register that Jiah is no more... Worked with her in 'Housefull' and she was so beautiful n such a good soul. Too young to go Jiah."
Filmmaker Kunal Kohli said, "What she must've gone through to take such a step we'll never know. May her soul rest in peace."
"Shocked to hear about Jiah Khan, she was too young to give up on life. RIP," said Arshad Warsi.
Actress Dia Mirza posted on her Twitter page, "RIP Nafisa (Jiah) Khan. You were too young and beautiful. This is no way to go! Life is too precious. The worst phases pass. They do. Never give up!."
"Shocked and saddened by the news. Gone way too soon. RIP Jiah Khan," added Neha Dhupia.
MORE POTPOURRI NEWS
- Right distribution key to foreign success: A.R. Rahman 29 May 2016 | IANS
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond 29 May 2016 | IANS
- Dwayne Johnson introduces 'Fast 8' character 29 May 2016 | IANS
- Rahul Singh takes blessings from poor on his B-day 29 May 2016 | IANS
- Kylie Jenner enjoys bowling date with rapper PartyNextDoor 28 May 2016 | IANS
- Khloe Kardashian's family happy about divorce 28 May 2016 | PTI
- Poster of Vidya Balan's first Marathi film out 28 May 2016 | IANS
- Only time can heal heartbreak: Khloe Kardashian 27 May 2016 | IANS
- Shah Rukh Khan celebrates AbRam's birthday on plane 27 May 2016 | IANS
- Never do films keeping in mind box office numbers: Aishwarya 27 May 2016 | PTI
29 May 2016 | PNS | HUBANESWAR
Upset over the alleged fraud by the Hi-Tech Group, a large number of investors on Saturday gheraoed Tirupati Choudhury, executive director of the company, demanding either flats or their money. The company has taken around Rs37 crore from 311 prospective flat buyers...
We will present our case for Jat reservation before the court and make all possible efforts to get the stay on the quota vacated.
We carried out a strike against a Taliban leader. We will continue to do whatever needed to protect our forces.
I'd love to debate Bernie (Sanders) on television. It would get very high ratings. It would be in a big arena.