- IAF fighter jets engage in special drill on Agra-Lucknow Expressway
- Controversial Raj ordinance sent to Assembly select committee
- Xi gets stronger, his thoughts included in Party constitution
- Indian techies in US seek Congressional help for green card
- Rahul Gandhi mocks at GST again
- Foster father of missing 3-yr-old Indian girl arrested
Bollywood mourns Jia Khan's untimely death
Calling her "full of life" and "high-spirited", Bollywood celebrities expressed their grief and shock over the death of young actress Jia Khan.
Jia, 25, whose real name is Nafisa Khan, was found hanging at her residence at around 11 pm last night.
The actress made her acting debut with Ram Gopal Varma's 'Nishabd' opposite Amitabh Bachchan in March 2007.
"What!!! Jiah Khan ??? what has happened ? is this correct ? unbelievable !!!," tweeted a shocked Bachchan.
Filmmaker Varma called Jia a girl with "spunk and spirit".
"Never ever seen a debutante actress with more spunk and more spirit than Jiah when I was directing her in 'Nishabd'. The whole unit of 'Nishabd' was literally in love with Jiah.
"No matter what her problem was I just so wish she applied her on-screen philosophy of 'Nishabd' to her own life. Shocked and choked to hear about Jiah," Varma tweeted.
The British-Indian actress was later seen opposite Aamir Khan in "Ghajini" and Akshay Kumar in "Housefull". She had been missing from the big screen for a while now.
Actor Riteish Deshmukh, who worked with Jia in "Housefull", said, "Nothing worse than waking up to a bad news- shocked n dumb struck- RIP Jiah. She was full of life and had incredible sense of humour. She was a friend n will miss her. Am deeply saddened."
"Jiah Khan was full of life when I worked with her long time back. So sad that something drove her to take this extreme step. RIP," tweeted Anupam Kher who had also worked with the actress.
Actor Shahid Kapoor, said, "Shocked and saddened to hear about Jiah Khan... Very disturbing. RIP... May her soul rest in peace."
"Life has to be experienced and lived!It's a limitless ocean, have to swim through it,and not let it drown you! Rip Jiah Khan!God bless her soul," Bipasha Basu tweeted.
"Rip Jiah khan. Terrible tragedy.. Very very shocking and disturbing news," added Sonam Kapoor.
Filmmaker-choreographer Farah Khan tweeted, "Can't register that Jiah is no more... Worked with her in 'Housefull' and she was so beautiful n such a good soul. Too young to go Jiah."
Filmmaker Kunal Kohli said, "What she must've gone through to take such a step we'll never know. May her soul rest in peace."
"Shocked to hear about Jiah Khan, she was too young to give up on life. RIP," said Arshad Warsi.
Actress Dia Mirza posted on her Twitter page, "RIP Nafisa (Jiah) Khan. You were too young and beautiful. This is no way to go! Life is too precious. The worst phases pass. They do. Never give up!."
"Shocked and saddened by the news. Gone way too soon. RIP Jiah Khan," added Neha Dhupia.
- Salman Khan's next 'Bharat' to release on Eid 2019 24 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Rajkummar Rao promotes 'Shaadi Mein Zaroor Aana' with fractured leg 23 Oct 2017 | IANS
- Kher, Azmi to address university students in Sydney 23 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Rajkummar Rao breaks a leg, literally 23 Oct 2017 | IANS
- All projects don't need big names: Feroz Abbas Khan 22 Oct 2017 | IANS
- Homeless woman returns Cameron Diaz's lost wallet 22 Oct 2017 | IANS
- Pooja Bhatt to pen her battle with bottle in book 22 Oct 2017 | IANS
- Disha Patani replaces Shruti Haasan in 'Sangamithra' 21 Oct 2017 | IANS
- My upbringing helps me find my voice, opinion: Kalki Koechlin 21 Oct 2017 | IANS
- Sylvia Hoeks to join 'Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' sequel 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Oct 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
A girl of around 18 years who was allegedly sexually assaulted at a sugarcane field by one of her relatives committed suicide by hanging herself from ceiling fan at her residence on Monday. No suicide note was received from the house, said police...