Eden pitch to be sporting: Ganguly
Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) President Sourav Ganguly on Tuesday said the 22-yard Eden Gardens strip will be "sporting" for the upcoming India-Sri Lanka first cricket Test starting here in two days.
"The wicket looks good. There will be bounce and it will be a sporting track," Ganguly told reporters after inspecting the pitch during India's training session.
The former India captain was seen having a look at the track for a long time after India head coach Ravi Shastri, captain Virat Kohli, all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja and bowling coach Bharat Arun inspected the same.
Kohli was seen having a long pitch-side conversation with local curator Sujan Mukherjee.
The Eden track, generally a slow-turner, had a lot of grass on it on Monday but after instructions from the team management it was removed.
- IPL-2018: Chennai opt to field vs Bengaluru 25 Apr 2018 | IANS
- Young guys like Hardik need to work harder to be consistent: Jayawardene 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Sunrisers face rampaging KXIP in return leg 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
- IPL-2018: Unchanged Mumbai opt to field vs Hyderabad 24 Apr 2018 | IANS
- Tendulkar recalls 'happy dents' of World Cup triumph 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Need one win to set ball rolling, says disappointed Plunkett 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Five women boxers enter Asian Youth Championship semis 23 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Gowtham knock was a life-time experience: Samson 23 Apr 2018 | PTI
- IPL: Rajasthan overcome Mumbai by 3 wickets, jump to 5th spot 23 Apr 2018 | IANS
- Ravi Kumar, Arjun Babuta miss out on medal at ISSF World Cup 22 Apr 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
26 Apr 2018 | ADREESH BHATTACHARYA | Ranchi
The Birsa Munda Bus Terminal at Khadgada from which numerous long route buses, including daily services to Delhi, Bhubaneshwar and Kolkata, operate will soon get shelter homes for the ease of passengers boarding and getting off in the wee hours. The Ranchi Municipal Corporation (RMC) has elaborate plans to make the inter-state bus terminal even more passengers centric so that this state of the art bus terminal can operate on...