- Swaraj condoles death of ex-Nepal PM Prachanda's son
- 'Padmavati' makers postpone film's release amid controversy
- Modi govt likely to get corruption tag as UPA II: Chidambaram
- Kovind, Modi pays tribute to Indira Gandhi on birth centenary
- Committed to improve sanitation facilities: Modi
- Leh freezes, Gulmarg coldest in Kashmir Valley
Eden pitch to be sporting: Ganguly
Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) President Sourav Ganguly on Tuesday said the 22-yard Eden Gardens strip will be "sporting" for the upcoming India-Sri Lanka first cricket Test starting here in two days.
"The wicket looks good. There will be bounce and it will be a sporting track," Ganguly told reporters after inspecting the pitch during India's training session.
The former India captain was seen having a look at the track for a long time after India head coach Ravi Shastri, captain Virat Kohli, all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja and bowling coach Bharat Arun inspected the same.
Kohli was seen having a long pitch-side conversation with local curator Sujan Mukherjee.
The Eden track, generally a slow-turner, had a lot of grass on it on Monday but after instructions from the team management it was removed.
- Pujara achieves rare feat 20 Nov 2017 | IANS
- Real Madrid confirm Ramos broken nose 19 Nov 2017 | IANS
- Batsmen should be given leeway during DRS: Sanjay Manjrekar 19 Nov 2017 | IANS
- Goffin shocks Federer, faces Dimitrov in ATP Finals decider 19 Nov 2017 | AFP
- Mathews lauds India's pace battery 18 Nov 2017 | IANS
- Now Srikanth skips Hong Kong Open 18 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Give up bowling and focus on batting: Akram to Hafeez 18 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Sridhar hails Pujara's fighting knock in testing conditions 17 Nov 2017 | IANS
- India need five-six bowlers to succeed abroad: Nehra 17 Nov 2017 | IANS
- Rain suspends play on day 2 of first Test 17 Nov 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Nov 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
UP chief minister Yogi Adityanath said the BJP government has restored the rule of law in the state and not a single communal riot has occurred in the state during the last eight months tenure of the BJP government. Chief Minister on Sunday kicked off the election campaign of the BJP for the urban local body elections in Brij region and addressed poll meetings in Mathura, Aligarh and...