I want to play and win the Champions League: Sanchez
Arsenal's Chilean forward Alexis Sanchez has expressed his wish to play in the Champions League, indirectly hinting that he might move out of the London-based football club.
Arsenal will not play in the Champions League next season after finishing fifth in the English Premier League (EPL) last season, two points adrift of fourth-placed Liverpool.
"I have made my decision, but now the decision has to be taken by Arsenal," Sanchez told Chile's Radio Sport on Saturday.
"It depends on them. I have to wait to know what they want. My idea is to play and win the Champions League. It's a dream I have had since I was little," the 28-year old, who helped Chile reach the final of the recently-concluded Confederations Cup, said.
Sanchez is yet to join Arsenal's pre-season programme, which is currently underway in Australia as part of a Far-East tour.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger though, had said over the weekend that he had a word with Sanchez and it was "very positive."
The French coach also believed that Jack Wilshere, who spent last session on loan at Bournemouth, will stick to the club.
"I think Jack will be with Arsenal next season, yes," Wenger was quoted as saying by Sky Sports after Arsenal beat Western Sydney Wanderers on Saturday.
"I will give you a very focused answer on that; that he has to work hard to come back and fight for a place in the team.
"But once he is ready, when he comes back, he will not be far from practising with the team," he added.
- When I talk, I am not understood: Ronaldo 22 Nov 2017 | IANS
- Australia quicks 'more nasty than Johnson', says Smith 22 Nov 2017 | AFP
- 'Improving' Warner gets Ashes nod despite neck scare 22 Nov 2017 | AFP
- Yuki makes winning start in Bengaluru Open 21 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Kohli moves up to 5th in ICC Test rankings 21 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Warner hit by neck injury ahead of Ashes 21 Nov 2017 | AFP
- Don't want to compare Sachin with Virat: Ganguly 20 Nov 2017 | IANS
- Former Wimbledon champion Jana Novotna dies aged 49: WTA 20 Nov 2017 | AFP
- Pujara achieves rare feat 20 Nov 2017 | IANS
- Real Madrid confirm Ramos broken nose 19 Nov 2017 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
CCL Doctor bags prize in ELMECON Dr. Ashutosh Pandey, HOD (Surgery), Gandhinagar Hospital, CCL has been awarded first prize for case presentation in ELMECON 2017, medical conference organised by ECL...