I want to play and win the Champions League: Sanchez
Arsenal's Chilean forward Alexis Sanchez has expressed his wish to play in the Champions League, indirectly hinting that he might move out of the London-based football club.
Arsenal will not play in the Champions League next season after finishing fifth in the English Premier League (EPL) last season, two points adrift of fourth-placed Liverpool.
"I have made my decision, but now the decision has to be taken by Arsenal," Sanchez told Chile's Radio Sport on Saturday.
"It depends on them. I have to wait to know what they want. My idea is to play and win the Champions League. It's a dream I have had since I was little," the 28-year old, who helped Chile reach the final of the recently-concluded Confederations Cup, said.
Sanchez is yet to join Arsenal's pre-season programme, which is currently underway in Australia as part of a Far-East tour.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger though, had said over the weekend that he had a word with Sanchez and it was "very positive."
The French coach also believed that Jack Wilshere, who spent last session on loan at Bournemouth, will stick to the club.
"I think Jack will be with Arsenal next season, yes," Wenger was quoted as saying by Sky Sports after Arsenal beat Western Sydney Wanderers on Saturday.
"I will give you a very focused answer on that; that he has to work hard to come back and fight for a place in the team.
"But once he is ready, when he comes back, he will not be far from practising with the team," he added.
- No competition with Mohun Bagan, East Bengal: ATK owner 22 Jul 2017 | IANS
- Bolt wins 100 metres at IAAF Diamond League meet 22 Jul 2017 | IANS
- Picture this! Pensive Neymar stirs renewed PSG fever 22 Jul 2017 | AFP
- Vaas to guide Lankan pacers during India series 21 Jul 2017 | IANS
- BCCI hails India eves for reaching ICC Women's World Cup final 21 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Harmanpreet's breezy ton propels India to WWC final 21 Jul 2017 | IANS
- Real Madrid, Chelsea reach agreement on Morata transfer 20 Jul 2017 | IANS
- Rain delays start of India-Australia World Cup semifinals 20 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Focus on Rohit, Rahul in warm-up game against President's XI 20 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Kohli says no extra pressure after Shastri takes over as head coach 19 Jul 2017 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
16 Jul 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
The Congress would launch a protest campaign both against the Centre as well as UP Government starting from next month. “People are feeling the pinch of unpopular decision of Modi Government like demonetisation, GST etc so now we will raise the people voice by protesting on all the district head-quarters in the State on August 9 on occasion of August Kranti Day”, disclosed chairman of the UPCC media...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Jul 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
To review the outcome of the ten-day cooperative conference/workshop, the Minister of State for cooperative Dr Dhan Singh Rawat convened a meeting on Friday in course of which he also assessed the preparation of Prime Minister insurance scheme for college students, slated to start on August 1. During the meeting, the officials apprised that they had organised workshops at 608 places across the State in which 2...