- Bollywood legend Sridevi passes away at the age of 54
- India beat South Africa by 7 runs to clinch series 2-1
- Taliban kill 18 soldiers in attack on Afghan army base: Officials
- Will shift operations partially to IGI T2 in coming weeks: IndiGo
- False allegations levelled against me but truth will prevail: Choksi to employees
- FM slams regulators' failure to detect PNB fraud
- Delhi diamond exporter booked for Rs 389-cr OBC loan fraud
I want to play and win the Champions League: Sanchez
Arsenal's Chilean forward Alexis Sanchez has expressed his wish to play in the Champions League, indirectly hinting that he might move out of the London-based football club.
Arsenal will not play in the Champions League next season after finishing fifth in the English Premier League (EPL) last season, two points adrift of fourth-placed Liverpool.
"I have made my decision, but now the decision has to be taken by Arsenal," Sanchez told Chile's Radio Sport on Saturday.
"It depends on them. I have to wait to know what they want. My idea is to play and win the Champions League. It's a dream I have had since I was little," the 28-year old, who helped Chile reach the final of the recently-concluded Confederations Cup, said.
Sanchez is yet to join Arsenal's pre-season programme, which is currently underway in Australia as part of a Far-East tour.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger though, had said over the weekend that he had a word with Sanchez and it was "very positive."
The French coach also believed that Jack Wilshere, who spent last session on loan at Bournemouth, will stick to the club.
"I think Jack will be with Arsenal next season, yes," Wenger was quoted as saying by Sky Sports after Arsenal beat Western Sydney Wanderers on Saturday.
"I will give you a very focused answer on that; that he has to work hard to come back and fight for a place in the team.
"But once he is ready, when he comes back, he will not be far from practising with the team," he added.
- Karnataka thrash Maharashtra to enter Vijay Hazare final 24 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Stokes to return for first England-New Zealand ODI 24 Feb 2018 | AFP
- Neymar already world's best, says Pele 24 Feb 2018 | IANS
- T20 is must for game of cricket, says Ganguly 23 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Hockey: Rani to lead Indian eves on South Korea tour 23 Feb 2018 | IANS
- India aim for perfect tour finale in 3rd T20I 23 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Mourinho defends Man Utd tactics after Sevilla draw 22 Feb 2018 | IANS
- I quite fancy Chahal: Klaasen 22 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Waiting is tough, it works on your mind: Manish Pandey 22 Feb 2018 | PTI
- India score 188/4 against South Africa in 2nd T20 21 Feb 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
25 Feb 2018 | M Venkaiah Naidu
Today, we are conferring International Gandhi Award-2017 on two outstanding personalities, Dr MD Gupte and Dr Atul Shah, for their selfless and humanitarian services in the cause of elimination of leprosy and in alleviating the suffering of leprosy-affected patients. Leprosy has been prevalent in our country since a very long time...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Feb 2018 | PNS | Bokaro
Over 600 Government primary and middle schools do not have power supply across the Bokaro district at present. As per the government directive, all the government schools must have been electrified by the end of the financial year 2016-17, about 619 primary and middle schools yet to get electric supply across the district, reveals official data...