Kohli wins toss, elects to bat against Sri Lanka in 3rd Test
India skipper Virat Kohli won the toss and elected to bat against Sri Lanka in the third and final cricket Test at Pallekele International Cricket Stadium, here today.
Chinaman Kuldeep Yadav replaced suspended Ravindra Jadeja in the Indian team, which is seeking a clean sweep of the series following colossal wins in the first two matches in Galle and Colombo.
Sri Lanka have made three changes to their side leaving out injured Rangana Herath and Nuwan Pradeep along with Dhananjaya de Silva and replacing them with Lakshan Sandakan, Lahiru Kumara and Vishwa Fernando.
India: Virat Kohli (C), Shikhar Dhawan, Lokesh Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Ravichandran Ashwin, Wriddhiman Saha, Hardik Pandya, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami and Umesh Yadav.
Sri Lanka: Dinesh Chandimal(C), Upul Tharanga, Dimuth Karunaratne, Kusal Mendis, Angelo Mathews, Niroshan Dickwella (w), Dilruwan Perera, Malinda Pushpakumara, Lakshan Sandakan, Vishwa Fernando and Lahiru Kumara.
- Logistics issue: IPL captains not to attend opening ceremony 21 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Surgeon says Neymar's recovery is 'going well' 21 Mar 2018 | AFP
- Black Cap Taylor fit for first Test against England 21 Mar 2018 | AFP
- New Delhi World Cup to offer 16 Olympic quotas in shooting 20 Mar 2018 | PTI
- After Australia loss, BCCI plans bench-strength building measures for women 20 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Ronaldo seeks to avoid prison for tax fraud 20 Mar 2018 | IANS
- This World Cup is current group's last chance at glory: Messi 19 Mar 2018 | IANS
- I would ask Rubel to bowl again in 19th over: Shakib 19 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Whatever situation comes, Karthik's ready: Rohit 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Bengaluru FC owner to lodge complaint with AIFF over referring 18 Mar 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Mar 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
Dehradun police have arrested an alleged member of an inter-state gang involved in vehicle theft in Haridwar and Dehradun districts from Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday. The accused has been identified as Vikram Malik, native of Shamli, Uttar Pradesh, police said, adding that he was currently living in Haryana...