Kohli wins toss, elects to bat against Sri Lanka in 3rd Test
India skipper Virat Kohli won the toss and elected to bat against Sri Lanka in the third and final cricket Test at Pallekele International Cricket Stadium, here today.
Chinaman Kuldeep Yadav replaced suspended Ravindra Jadeja in the Indian team, which is seeking a clean sweep of the series following colossal wins in the first two matches in Galle and Colombo.
Sri Lanka have made three changes to their side leaving out injured Rangana Herath and Nuwan Pradeep along with Dhananjaya de Silva and replacing them with Lakshan Sandakan, Lahiru Kumara and Vishwa Fernando.
India: Virat Kohli (C), Shikhar Dhawan, Lokesh Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Ravichandran Ashwin, Wriddhiman Saha, Hardik Pandya, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami and Umesh Yadav.
Sri Lanka: Dinesh Chandimal(C), Upul Tharanga, Dimuth Karunaratne, Kusal Mendis, Angelo Mathews, Niroshan Dickwella (w), Dilruwan Perera, Malinda Pushpakumara, Lakshan Sandakan, Vishwa Fernando and Lahiru Kumara.
- La Liga to observe minute of silence in memory of Barcelona terror victims 18 Aug 2017 | IANS
- Never found ex-coach Kumble strict: Wicketkeeper Saha 18 Aug 2017 | IANS
- Ton-up Cook and Root give Windies hard day's night 18 Aug 2017 | AFP
- I must return to Atletico Madrid: Chelsea's Diego Costa 17 Aug 2017 | IANS
- 16-year-old Lakshya wins Bulgaria Open Int'l Series 17 Aug 2017 | PTI
- BCCI's Amitabh, Anirudh's expeditures raise eyebrows 17 Aug 2017 | IANS
- India beat Austria 4-3 to end Europe tour on a high 17 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Excited Rohit says vice-captaincy a huge honour 16 Aug 2017 | IANS
- Sharapova to play first major in 18 months at US Open 16 Aug 2017 | IANS
- Paes-Zverev crash out of Cincinnati Open 16 Aug 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
13 Aug 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA | Mumbai
Union Minister of State for Minority Affairs (Independent Charge) Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on said in Mumbai on Saturday that the Haj Policy-2018 — aimed at making the piligrimage process “transparent” and “smooth” — would be unveiled later this month. Speaking at the 22nd annual Haj orientation camp organised for Haj pilgrims at Haj House in Mumbai, Naqvi said that from the next year, the Haj would be organised as per to...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Aug 2017 | PNS | Ranchi
With inauguration of European Union Film Festival (EUFF) 2017 on Friday evening at its premises, the State government is all set to bring Audrey House in limelight as one of the most happening art and culture destinations of not only in the State, but in eastern part of the country as well. Principal Secretary to the CM Sanjay Kumar said on Thursday that the scheduled EUFF at one of the oldest...