- Chidambaram attacks BJP over deleting dialogues in 'Mersal'
- PM to visit poll-bound Gujarat tomorrow
- Srikanth stuns Axelsen; Saina, Prannoy lose in Denmark Open
- Meeting Dalai Lama major offence, China warns world leaders
- Missing Pak journalist recovered after two years
- Irani hits back at Rahul Gandhi for tweet on Jay Shah
Kohli wins toss, elects to bat against Sri Lanka in 3rd Test
India skipper Virat Kohli won the toss and elected to bat against Sri Lanka in the third and final cricket Test at Pallekele International Cricket Stadium, here today.
Chinaman Kuldeep Yadav replaced suspended Ravindra Jadeja in the Indian team, which is seeking a clean sweep of the series following colossal wins in the first two matches in Galle and Colombo.
Sri Lanka have made three changes to their side leaving out injured Rangana Herath and Nuwan Pradeep along with Dhananjaya de Silva and replacing them with Lakshan Sandakan, Lahiru Kumara and Vishwa Fernando.
India: Virat Kohli (C), Shikhar Dhawan, Lokesh Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Ravichandran Ashwin, Wriddhiman Saha, Hardik Pandya, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami and Umesh Yadav.
Sri Lanka: Dinesh Chandimal(C), Upul Tharanga, Dimuth Karunaratne, Kusal Mendis, Angelo Mathews, Niroshan Dickwella (w), Dilruwan Perera, Malinda Pushpakumara, Lakshan Sandakan, Vishwa Fernando and Lahiru Kumara.
- Real Madrid looking to improve home record against Eibar 21 Oct 2017 | IANS
- Kohli says Rahane is team's third opener 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Rio Olympic head leaves prison; will face corruption charges 21 Oct 2017 | AP
- Golfer Chawrasia to compete at Mauritius Open 20 Oct 2017 | IANS
- Prannoy shocks Chong Wei; Saina, Srikanth also in quarters 20 Oct 2017 | PTI
- In-form India eye yet another Pakistan scalp 20 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Real Madrid held by Tottenham; Sevilla routed; Man City stay perfect 18 Oct 2017 | IANS
- Using Anderson for taking penalty was part of our plan: Cooper 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Nadal pulls out of Swiss Indoors Basel tournament 18 Oct 2017 | IANS
- Red-hot India to play Korea in Super 4s tomorrow 17 Oct 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A three-day film festival based on renowned filmmaker Kundan Shah will be organised in city. The film festival is all about the movies by Kundan Shah...