- Kerala tribal youth beaten to death by lynch mob
- Modi greets Trudeau with hug at ceremonial reception
- AAP vs Chief Secy: Police team at CM's residence
- PNB fraud: ED freezes deposits, shares worth Rs 44cr of Nirav Modi group
- Trump admin makes H1-B visa approval tough; Indian firms to be impacted
- Sunanda Pushkar death: SC notice to Delhi Police on Swamy's plea for SIT probe
- Australian Deputy PM resigns amid sexual harassment claim
- Parrikar discharged from Mumbai hospital
- SC asks if Kerala HC was justified in annulling Hadiya's marriage
- Canada High Commission cancels dinner invite to Khalistan terrorist
- PNB fraud: ED seizes luxury cars, more assets of Modi, Choksi
Vijender to meet Chinese star in next pro bout
Indian boxing star Vijender Singh will meet Zulpikar Maimaitiali of China in his next professional bout here in August.
The bout, between WBO Asia Pacific Super middleweight champion Vijender Singh and WBO Oriental Super middleweight champion Zulpikar Maimaitiali will be a double title affair.
Both the boxers will put their respective titles at stake and the winner will go home with his defended title as well as the opponent's title.
The promoters of the respective boxers were in talks earlier this year as well, but due to unavoidable circumstances the bout did not take place.
Maimaitiali has fought eight professional bouts with 24 rounds under his belt. The 22-year-old undefeated Chinese star has won seven bouts of which five were knockouts and one a draw.
Maimaitiali debuted in 2015 and won the WBO Oriental Title last year in July.
Vijender, who recently retained his WBO Asia Pacific Super Middleweight title, also made his debut in 2015.
He has eight wins under his belt with seven of them coming via knockout while one was by unanimous decision. He has played 30 rounds, which puts him a few rounds above his next opponent.
The Haryana boxer won his maiden title last year in July after defeating Kerry Hope of Australia. He was challenged by Francis Cheka of Tanzania last December but successfully defended his title.
- Neymar already world's best, says Pele 24 Feb 2018 | IANS
- T20 is must for game of cricket, says Ganguly 23 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Hockey: Rani to lead Indian eves on South Korea tour 23 Feb 2018 | IANS
- India aim for perfect tour finale in 3rd T20I 23 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Mourinho defends Man Utd tactics after Sevilla draw 22 Feb 2018 | IANS
- I quite fancy Chahal: Klaasen 22 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Waiting is tough, it works on your mind: Manish Pandey 22 Feb 2018 | PTI
- India score 188/4 against South Africa in 2nd T20 21 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Australia beat Kiwis in Tri-Series final 21 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Messi ends goal drought vs Chelsea to give Barca 1-1 draw 21 Feb 2018 | AP
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Feb 2018 | PNS
Special cleanliness drive today Bhopal: The Sant Nirankari Charitable Foundation is organising a special cleanliness drive on Saturday at Government Sultania Hospital on Saturday. The Nirankari volunteers will assemble at 7...