- Indian national Kulbhushan Jadhav, files mercy petition with Pakistan Army chief: ISPR
- Indian IT not H-1B dependent, says Infosys CEO
- Opposition parties to meet over Presidential election
- Those who celebrated Pak's win should go and live there: Rizvi
- 3 LeT militants gunned down in Pulwama
- Pak to review 'lenient' visa policy for Chinese citizens
Vijender to meet Chinese star in next pro bout
Indian boxing star Vijender Singh will meet Zulpikar Maimaitiali of China in his next professional bout here in August.
The bout, between WBO Asia Pacific Super middleweight champion Vijender Singh and WBO Oriental Super middleweight champion Zulpikar Maimaitiali will be a double title affair.
Both the boxers will put their respective titles at stake and the winner will go home with his defended title as well as the opponent's title.
The promoters of the respective boxers were in talks earlier this year as well, but due to unavoidable circumstances the bout did not take place.
Maimaitiali has fought eight professional bouts with 24 rounds under his belt. The 22-year-old undefeated Chinese star has won seven bouts of which five were knockouts and one a draw.
Maimaitiali debuted in 2015 and won the WBO Oriental Title last year in July.
Vijender, who recently retained his WBO Asia Pacific Super Middleweight title, also made his debut in 2015.
He has eight wins under his belt with seven of them coming via knockout while one was by unanimous decision. He has played 30 rounds, which puts him a few rounds above his next opponent.
The Haryana boxer won his maiden title last year in July after defeating Kerry Hope of Australia. He was challenged by Francis Cheka of Tanzania last December but successfully defended his title.
- UCWeb platform's cricket content exceeded 750 million hits during CT, IPL 22 Jun 2017 | IANS
- WBO sanctions Vijender's next bout in first week of August 22 Jun 2017 | IANS
- Kohli and Co start favourites vs WI despite Kumble fiasco 22 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Bairstow seals England rout of South Africa 22 Jun 2017 | AFP
- Cash awards flow in for Pakistan cricket champions 21 Jun 2017 | IANS
- ICC thinking of scrapping Champions Trophy 21 Jun 2017 | IANS
- All Indians advance to quarterfinals 21 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Dravid bats for more responsibility to Kedar Jadhav 20 Jun 2017 | IANS
- Yuki saves match point against Polansky, moves to 2nd round 20 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Players won't budge on pay demands: Warner 19 Jun 2017 | AFP
Sunday EditionView All
18 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A police team, along with sniffer dogs, scanned the whole area of Bonta Park in Civil Lines on Saturday morning to get some clue about a woman murdered by her husband on Friday. After 12 hours search operation, police were able to find the body identified as Komal...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The Bhopalites would witness a mild evening of devotional songs and classical music at Dushyant Kumar Memorial Museum of Manuscript. The event Aradhna will be held at the museum on Thursday...