Vijender to meet Chinese star in next pro bout
Indian boxing star Vijender Singh will meet Zulpikar Maimaitiali of China in his next professional bout here in August.
The bout, between WBO Asia Pacific Super middleweight champion Vijender Singh and WBO Oriental Super middleweight champion Zulpikar Maimaitiali will be a double title affair.
Both the boxers will put their respective titles at stake and the winner will go home with his defended title as well as the opponent's title.
The promoters of the respective boxers were in talks earlier this year as well, but due to unavoidable circumstances the bout did not take place.
Maimaitiali has fought eight professional bouts with 24 rounds under his belt. The 22-year-old undefeated Chinese star has won seven bouts of which five were knockouts and one a draw.
Maimaitiali debuted in 2015 and won the WBO Oriental Title last year in July.
Vijender, who recently retained his WBO Asia Pacific Super Middleweight title, also made his debut in 2015.
He has eight wins under his belt with seven of them coming via knockout while one was by unanimous decision. He has played 30 rounds, which puts him a few rounds above his next opponent.
The Haryana boxer won his maiden title last year in July after defeating Kerry Hope of Australia. He was challenged by Francis Cheka of Tanzania last December but successfully defended his title.
- Ravi Kumar, Arjun Babuta miss out on medal at ISSF World Cup 22 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Find shades of Yuvraj Singh in Rishabh's game: Mandeep 22 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Leg-spinners have stolen thunder in IPL: Kapil Dev 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
- IPL: Punjab elect to field against KKR 21 Apr 2018 | IANS
- MI look to continue momentum against Rajasthan Royals 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Watson strikes ton in CSK's big win at new home 20 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Windies get bored playing long format: Streak 20 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Lance Armstrong settles $100m US lawsuit for $5m 20 Apr 2018 | IANS
- Gayle played to perfection: KXIP speedster Andrew Tye 20 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Any total looks chaseable now, says Uthappa 19 Apr 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Apr 2018 | Nityanand Dubey | Garhwa
Altogether 275 cases were resolved in National Lok Adalat held under the aegis of District Legal Services Authority under the chairmanship of PDJ Mahesh Chandra Verma on Sunday at Civil Court Garhwa. Five benches were formed for the hearing of the cases...