- In Modi, Trump has a leader he can truly work with: experts
- Monsoon session of Parliament from July 17 to Aug 11
- Over 140 people feared buried in China landslide
- Modi to be first world leader to have WH dinner with Trump
- DU announces first cut-off list
- Srikanth reaches 3rd successive Super Series final
- Modi embarks on three-nation tour
Yusuf Pathan bats for elephants
Cricketer Yusuf Pathan on Friday stressed the need to conserve environment and protect wildlife.
The cricketer visited the Wildlife SOS elephant conservation centre and the Agra Bear Rescue Facility, which have 21 elephants and 200 bears.
"There is a need to protect and conserve India's wildlife," Pathan said.
"Species like elephants particularly need to be cared for as India is the last remaining stronghold of endangered Asian elephants.
"Wildlife SOS is doing a great job helping these elephants and bears and they have my complete support," he added.
Pathan spent time interacting with the Wildlife SOS animal care staff to get an insight about their efforts.
He also signed autographs and cricket bats for the team.
Geeta Seshamani, co-founder Wildlife SOS, said it was a delight to have a cricket star like Pathan pledge his support to the NGO.
- Messi could have played for Real Madrid: Former agent 24 Jun 2017 | IANS
- Focus on Yuvraj as India hope for rain-free 2nd ODI 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- India vs West Indies: First ODI abandoned 24 Jun 2017 | IANS
- Kenyan, Ethiopian athletes favourites in Olomouc Half Marathon 23 Jun 2017 | IANS
- Shuttler Sindhu crashes out of Australian Open 23 Jun 2017 | IANS
- Srikanth beats Praneeth to reach Australian Open semis 23 Jun 2017 | IANS
- Still a lot of catch-up to do in terms of recognition: Mithali 23 Jun 2017 | PTI
- UCWeb platform's cricket content exceeded 750 million hits during CT, IPL 22 Jun 2017 | IANS
- WBO sanctions Vijender's next bout in first week of August 22 Jun 2017 | IANS
- Kohli and Co start favourites vs WI despite Kumble fiasco 22 Jun 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A police team, along with sniffer dogs, scanned the whole area of Bonta Park in Civil Lines on Saturday morning to get some clue about a woman murdered by her husband on Friday. After 12 hours search operation, police were able to find the body identified as Komal...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A farmer committed suicide in Chhatarpur district, allegedly due to over burdened with debt. While the family of Raghuvir Yadav, (27) alleged that he took the extreme step due to his mounting debt, the police said a family dispute led him to end his life...