Yusuf Pathan bats for elephants
Cricketer Yusuf Pathan on Friday stressed the need to conserve environment and protect wildlife.
The cricketer visited the Wildlife SOS elephant conservation centre and the Agra Bear Rescue Facility, which have 21 elephants and 200 bears.
"There is a need to protect and conserve India's wildlife," Pathan said.
"Species like elephants particularly need to be cared for as India is the last remaining stronghold of endangered Asian elephants.
"Wildlife SOS is doing a great job helping these elephants and bears and they have my complete support," he added.
Pathan spent time interacting with the Wildlife SOS animal care staff to get an insight about their efforts.
He also signed autographs and cricket bats for the team.
Geeta Seshamani, co-founder Wildlife SOS, said it was a delight to have a cricket star like Pathan pledge his support to the NGO.
- Have confidence to win 5 out of next 6 games: Finch 28 Apr 2017 | PTI
- PCB to sent legal notice to BCCI by next week for compensation 28 Apr 2017 | PTI
- Bouchard urges life ban for 'cheater' Sharapova 27 Apr 2017 | AFP
- Struggling Delhi have mountain to climb against red-hot Kolkata 27 Apr 2017 | IANS
- New ICC model to reduce BCCI revenue share 27 Apr 2017 | IANS
- IPL-10: Next 9 days will define the season for Delhi, says Zaheer 27 Apr 2017 | IANS
- Serena to be back on the court after baby 26 Apr 2017 | AFP
- Sindhu advances, Saina bows out of Badminton Asia Championships 26 Apr 2017 | IANS
- Harika plays out hard fought draw vs Mustafa at Reykjavik Open chess 26 Apr 2017 | IANS
- I'm happy with my batting, says Rahane despite lack of runs 25 Apr 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
23 Apr 2017 | Ananya Borgohain
Author Pilar Maria Guerrieri discusses with ANANYA BORGOHAIN how the maps of Delhi from the 19th century onwards document the evolution of the Capital through the Mughal era, pre and post colonial periods, and the contemporary times Please tell us a little about yourself. I am an Italian but since my childhood, I have seen my parents travel to India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
28 Apr 2017 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
School Education Minister Kedar Kashyap on Thursday announced the results of the 12th standard examination conducted by Chhattisgarh Higher Secondary Board (CGBSE) in Raipur. The average passing percentage for the exam stood at 76...