Yusuf Pathan bats for elephants
Cricketer Yusuf Pathan on Friday stressed the need to conserve environment and protect wildlife.
The cricketer visited the Wildlife SOS elephant conservation centre and the Agra Bear Rescue Facility, which have 21 elephants and 200 bears.
"There is a need to protect and conserve India's wildlife," Pathan said.
"Species like elephants particularly need to be cared for as India is the last remaining stronghold of endangered Asian elephants.
"Wildlife SOS is doing a great job helping these elephants and bears and they have my complete support," he added.
Pathan spent time interacting with the Wildlife SOS animal care staff to get an insight about their efforts.
He also signed autographs and cricket bats for the team.
Geeta Seshamani, co-founder Wildlife SOS, said it was a delight to have a cricket star like Pathan pledge his support to the NGO.
- Don't want think too much about my future: Rahane on opening 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Pranaav-Sikki lose in Japan Open semis 23 Sep 2017 | IANS
- NBA changes rules to prevent reckless foot fouls 22 Sep 2017 | IANS
- I don't see Kuldeep being replaced anytime soon: Harbhajan 22 Sep 2017 | PTI
- We are having too many collapses to my liking: Smith 22 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Colombia first team to arrive for FIFA U-17 World Cup 21 Sep 2017 | IANS
- Sindhu loses to Okuhara; Srikanth, Prannoy enter quarters 21 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Federer, Nadal relish teaming up at Laver Cup 21 Sep 2017 | AFP
- Ronaldo, Messi lead 2017 FIFA World XI nominations 20 Sep 2017 | IANS
- Smith on 100 ODIs: I have evolved as a white-ball player 20 Sep 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A 38-year-old man has been arrested by the Farsh Bazaar police for allegedly duping people coming to ATM and fraudulently withdrawing their money. Twelve ATM cards have been recovered from his possession...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Sep 2017 | PNS | Ranchi
Cambrian Public School put up a great show and defeated Delhi Public School by 4/1 in the finals of the two-day Inter-School Football Tournament: ‘Ranchi Cup’-2017 at Delhi Public School, Ranchi on Friday. Subrata Dutta, Sr...