Zidane slams media coverage of Real Madrid
Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane said media coverage of his football squad emphasises the negative because that "sells more."
Zidane's remarks came two days after his team drew at home against second-tier Numancia in the second leg of their Copa del Rey round of 16 tie, though the Blancos won 5-2 on aggregate, reports Efe.
"I'm tired of hearing about how badly we're playing," the Frenchman said ahead of a La Liga match against Villarreal on Friday.
"I'm going to look at the positives in my team because from the media perspective it's very easy to say everything's wrong, but you know it's not that way, because not everything is negative."
Real Madrid, the defending La Liga champions, are currently fourth, 16 points behind leaders Barcelona.
Shrugging off criticism, Zidane stressed that the Blancos remain alive in all of their competitions and said the team just needs a few wins to regain their confidence and consistency.
- Logistics issue: IPL captains not to attend opening ceremony 21 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Surgeon says Neymar's recovery is 'going well' 21 Mar 2018 | AFP
- Black Cap Taylor fit for first Test against England 21 Mar 2018 | AFP
- New Delhi World Cup to offer 16 Olympic quotas in shooting 20 Mar 2018 | PTI
- After Australia loss, BCCI plans bench-strength building measures for women 20 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Ronaldo seeks to avoid prison for tax fraud 20 Mar 2018 | IANS
- This World Cup is current group's last chance at glory: Messi 19 Mar 2018 | IANS
- I would ask Rubel to bowl again in 19th over: Shakib 19 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Whatever situation comes, Karthik's ready: Rohit 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Bengaluru FC owner to lodge complaint with AIFF over referring 18 Mar 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Mar 2018 | PNS | Jamshedpur
Noamundi Iron Mine (NIM) of Tata Steel has been accorded the ‘Five Star rating’ for sustainable development in FY17. This is for the 2nd consecutive year that NIM has been bestowed with this award...