Zidane slams media coverage of Real Madrid
Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane said media coverage of his football squad emphasises the negative because that "sells more."
Zidane's remarks came two days after his team drew at home against second-tier Numancia in the second leg of their Copa del Rey round of 16 tie, though the Blancos won 5-2 on aggregate, reports Efe.
"I'm tired of hearing about how badly we're playing," the Frenchman said ahead of a La Liga match against Villarreal on Friday.
"I'm going to look at the positives in my team because from the media perspective it's very easy to say everything's wrong, but you know it's not that way, because not everything is negative."
Real Madrid, the defending La Liga champions, are currently fourth, 16 points behind leaders Barcelona.
Shrugging off criticism, Zidane stressed that the Blancos remain alive in all of their competitions and said the team just needs a few wins to regain their confidence and consistency.
- Lukaku, Hazard score 2 each, help Belgium beat Tunisia 5-2 23 Jun 2018 | AP
- Lakmal to lead Sri Lanka in pink-ball Test 23 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Nigeria up 2-0, Iceland misses penalty kick 22 Jun 2018 | AP
- Simeone slams Argentina 'anarchy', takes jab at Messi 22 Jun 2018 | AFP
- Coutinho, Neymar score in injury time for Brazil 22 Jun 2018 | AP
- You pass YoYo test, you play for India, says Shastri, Kohli endorses 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- India aim for maiden CT title; play Pakistan in opener 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- India have world's best spinners to trouble England: Kumble 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Two new balls in ODIs is recipe for disaster: Tendulkar 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- BCCI finally clears players' central contract payments 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Jun 2018 | PNS | Kochi
MCD still waiting for HC order on encroachment Dehradun: Days after the High Court ordered the officials to remove encroachment from different areas of Dehradun like markets, streets and footpaths in four weeks, the officials concerned said on Friday that they were still waiting for the order to come. They, however, assured that they would execute the order once they get a copy and read it thoroughly...