- In Modi, Trump has a leader he can truly work with: experts
- Monsoon session of Parliament from July 17 to Aug 11
- Over 140 people feared buried in China landslide
- Modi to be first world leader to have WH dinner with Trump
- DU announces first cut-off list
- Srikanth reaches 3rd successive Super Series final
- Modi embarks on three-nation tour
INDIA REMAIN AT TOP SPOT
Dubai: India retained its top position in ICC Test ranking with 123 points — a clear six point lead over second placed South Africa. The Proteas (117 points) have reduced the gap with India to six points while nine points now separate third-ranked Australia from seventh-ranked Sri Lanka as per latest ICC release.The 9th ranked Bangladesh trail eighth-ranked West Indies by six points. India has gained one ranking point while South Africa has leaped from 109 to 117 points. This jump means the pre-update gap of 13 points has now been trimmed to just six points. While India and South Africa have made upward movements, Australia, England and Pakistan have headed in the opposite direction.
KARTHIK REPLACES PANDEY
new delhi: The All-India Senior Selection Committee have named middle-order batsman and wicketkeeper Dinesh Karthik as the replacement for Manish Pandey, who sustained a left side strain during a practice session, in the India Cricket Team for the upcoming ICC Champions Trophy.
INDIA LOOK TO DEFEND CROWN
Bengaluru: The 5th South Asian Basketball Association (SABA) Championship 2017 will be held from 19th to 23rd May, 2017 in Male, Maldives. The five-day competition is being played in a round robin league format. Defending champions India will look to complete a five-peat but need to be wary of Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, who pose the biggest threat to India's attempt of accomplishing a rare sporting milestone. India's training camp for the tournament was held from 1st-17th May, at the Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium, New Delhi with 33 players, and the final selections were made on 7th May.
MONACO CLAIM LIGUE 1
Monaco: Teenage star Kylian Mbappe helped Monaco secure their first Ligue 1 title in 17 years with his 15th goal of the season in Wednesday's 2-0 victory at home to Saint-Etienne. The 18-year-old raced clear of the visiting defence to calmly roll in the opening goal after 19 minutes at the Stade Louis II as Paris Saint-Germain's four-year reign as French champions came to an end. Valere Germain added a second with the final kick of the match. Leonardo Jardim's side were effectively guaranteed the title after Sunday's 4-0 win over Lille due to their vastly superior goal difference.
DJOKER BEATS AGUT, ENTERS Q/FS
ROME: Four-time champion Novak Djokovic beat Roberto Bautista Agut 6-4, 6-4 on Thursday to ease into the quarterfinals of the Italian Open. Djokovic seemed in full control when he went 3-1 up in the second set but allowed the Spaniard to fight back to 4-4 before going on to seal the match. Djokovic next faces Juan Martin Del Potro. Third-seeded Stan Wawrinka went out of the tournament after losing 7-6 (1), 6-4 to American John Isner, who served up 19 aces in their match.
- Federer advances to 11th Halle Final 25 Jun 2017 | AP
- India hammer Pak 6-1 in classification clash 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Hamilton takes 66th career pole in Azerbaijan GP 25 Jun 2017 | AP
- Super Srikanth reaches Australia Final 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- singles 25 Jun 2017 | Agencies
- Indian Eves kick off WC campaign in style 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Rain clouds over odi no 2 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- singles 24 Jun 2017 | Agencies
- ‘Lot of catching-up to do for recognition’ 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- English test for India in opener 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
25 Jun 2017 | Shipra Parashar/ Srishti Garg | New Delhi
With Delhi University declaring its first cut-off list on Friday, SGTB Khalsa college came out with the highest 99.66 per cent for BSc (Hons) Electronics...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Jun 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
A regimented protocol of ‘Fast Track Bypass surgeries’ in which a patient can get discharged in three days has been initiated by the Max hospital here. Addressing media persons Senior Consultant Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery (CTVS), Dr Manish Meswani said that Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery (CABG) involves counselling of patient and fast tracking the conventional processes...