- BJP caricature of Rahul Gandhi not working any more: Tharoor
- PM inaugurates ferry service between Ghogha and Dahej in Guj
- AP CM Naidu meets scientists and food experts in US
- Democratic chairman: Trump 'most dangerous' president ever
- Mukul Roy likely to be inducted in BJP in Nov: party leader
- Militant killed in encounter in J-K's Kupwara
INDIA REMAIN AT TOP SPOT
Dubai: India retained its top position in ICC Test ranking with 123 points — a clear six point lead over second placed South Africa. The Proteas (117 points) have reduced the gap with India to six points while nine points now separate third-ranked Australia from seventh-ranked Sri Lanka as per latest ICC release.The 9th ranked Bangladesh trail eighth-ranked West Indies by six points. India has gained one ranking point while South Africa has leaped from 109 to 117 points. This jump means the pre-update gap of 13 points has now been trimmed to just six points. While India and South Africa have made upward movements, Australia, England and Pakistan have headed in the opposite direction.
KARTHIK REPLACES PANDEY
new delhi: The All-India Senior Selection Committee have named middle-order batsman and wicketkeeper Dinesh Karthik as the replacement for Manish Pandey, who sustained a left side strain during a practice session, in the India Cricket Team for the upcoming ICC Champions Trophy.
INDIA LOOK TO DEFEND CROWN
Bengaluru: The 5th South Asian Basketball Association (SABA) Championship 2017 will be held from 19th to 23rd May, 2017 in Male, Maldives. The five-day competition is being played in a round robin league format. Defending champions India will look to complete a five-peat but need to be wary of Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, who pose the biggest threat to India's attempt of accomplishing a rare sporting milestone. India's training camp for the tournament was held from 1st-17th May, at the Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium, New Delhi with 33 players, and the final selections were made on 7th May.
MONACO CLAIM LIGUE 1
Monaco: Teenage star Kylian Mbappe helped Monaco secure their first Ligue 1 title in 17 years with his 15th goal of the season in Wednesday's 2-0 victory at home to Saint-Etienne. The 18-year-old raced clear of the visiting defence to calmly roll in the opening goal after 19 minutes at the Stade Louis II as Paris Saint-Germain's four-year reign as French champions came to an end. Valere Germain added a second with the final kick of the match. Leonardo Jardim's side were effectively guaranteed the title after Sunday's 4-0 win over Lille due to their vastly superior goal difference.
DJOKER BEATS AGUT, ENTERS Q/FS
ROME: Four-time champion Novak Djokovic beat Roberto Bautista Agut 6-4, 6-4 on Thursday to ease into the quarterfinals of the Italian Open. Djokovic seemed in full control when he went 3-1 up in the second set but allowed the Spaniard to fight back to 4-4 before going on to seal the match. Djokovic next faces Juan Martin Del Potro. Third-seeded Stan Wawrinka went out of the tournament after losing 7-6 (1), 6-4 to American John Isner, who served up 19 aces in their match.
- Singles 22 Oct 2017 | Agencies
- India maul Pakistan 4-0 to enter Final 22 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Red Devils stumped, City still unbeaten 22 Oct 2017 | AP
- Srikanth sails into Final; Prannoy, Saina bow out 22 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Mali prevail over Ghana, enter semi 22 Oct 2017 | PTI
- England cruise into s/f 22 Oct 2017 | PTI
- ‚ÄėIndia at home are strongest in world‚Äô 22 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Blue army face Kiwis in opener 22 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Favourites Spain up against determined Iran 22 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Rahane is India's 3rd opener: Virat 22 Oct 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will reach Washington DC on October 22. He has been invited by Pt Deendayal Upadhyay Forum, where he will address as a key speaker in the programme organised by the forum...