- EC acting like BJP's puppet, PM's 'roadshow' violation of model code: Congress
- Jaitley casts his vote, asks people to vote for development
- 2nd phase of Gujarat polls: 10% voting in 2 hours
- Dalit woman rape: Court awards death sentence to labourer
- Not undergone any makeover, BJP distorted my image: Rahul Gandhi
- Leaders pay homage to Parliament attack victims; Manmohan greets Modi
- Ex-Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda convicted in coal scam case
- Govt shelves Dec 31 deadline on Aadhaar, PAN in financial dealings
- Kerala seeks Rs 1,843 cr from Centre for Ockhi damage
- SC stalls Centre's takeover of Unitech
Chameera, Gamage called up to Lanka squad
New Delhi: Pacers Dushmantha Chameera and Lahiru Gamage have been added to the Sri Lankan squad ahead of the third Test against India starting in Pallekele on Saturday. They replace injured spinner Rangana Herath and pacer Nuwan Pradeep, while batsman Danushka Gunathilaka has been dropped. Chameera had been troubled by injuries off late and last played Test cricket against New Zealand in 2016. Gamage featured in the two-day practice game against India in Colombo before the start of this three Test series. With their addition, interestingly Lanka now have four quick bowlers in their squad for the Pallekele Test, including Lahiru Kumara and Vishwa Fernando.
Haddin joins Australia's coaching staff
sydney: Former Test wicketkeeper Brad Haddin has joined the Australian team support staff as fielding coach until the end of 2019, Cricket Australia said on Friday. Haddin replaces former Australia batsman Greg Blewett, who has taken up a position with the South Australian Cricket Association. Haddin, 39, has coached the Australia A side and was an assistant coach during Australia's tour of New Zealand earlier this year. He also had a stint with Islamabad in the Pakistan Premier League. His first assignment will be Australia's two-Test tour to Bangladesh later this month. "I grew up in an era of players like Andrew Symonds and Ricky Ponting who gave Australian cricket a real identity in the standards of world-class fielding," Haddin said in a statement.
Jaipur edge Pune 30-28 in PKL
nagpur: Jaipur Pink Panthers produced a combative performance to beat Puneri Paltan 30-28 in the Pro Kabaddi League here on Friday. Manjeet Chhillar scored 9 points and was a rock for Jaipur as Pune suffered their first defeat of the league. Both teams opened their account in the first minute as Tushar Patil and Deepak Hooda made successful raids. Puneri Paltan led 3-1 in the third minute as their defence scored the first tackle point of the match. Puneri Paltan extended their lead to 5-2 in the fifth minute as they scored two more tackle points. Girish Ernak and Sandeep Narwal commanded the Pune defence strongly in the early part of the match as they led 6-3 after seven minutes. Tushar Patil scored his second point as Jaipur Pink Panthers trailed 4-6 after eight minutes. Rohit Kumar was shown a green card in the ninth minute as Jaipur Pink Panthers tied the match at 6-6. It looked like Pune would run away with the match as they led 9-6 after 13 minutes but Jaipur came back strongly to level the game at 9-9 after 15 minutes.
India drop one spot to 97th in latest FIFA rankings
New Delhi: India dropped one rung to be placed 97th in the latest edition of the FIFA Rankings issued on Friday. The Blue Tigers had achieved one of their best rankings in recent history when they climbed to the 96th spot last month. But with international football largely taking a backseat in the off-season, India have dropped one spot. India still have 341 rating points with no changes from their last month's tally. Canada has jumped five spots to 95th, leading to India dropping to 97th.
- singles 14 Dec 2017 | Agencies
- Sindhu wins, Srikanth stumbles 14 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Aussies aim to clinch series 14 Dec 2017 | Agencies
- This year best of my career: Sharma 14 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Rohit: 1st man to score 3 double tons in ODIs 14 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Singles 13 Dec 2017 | Agencies
- kidambi keen to finish year on a high 13 Dec 2017 | Karthik Raman
- ‚ÄėThis Indian attack capable of getting 20 SA wickets‚Äô 13 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Wounded India keen to bounce back 13 Dec 2017 | PTI
- India's tour game in SA cancelled 12 Dec 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
10 Dec 2017 | AFP | Seoul
North Korea blamed US "nuclear blackmail" for soaring tensions over its weapons programme in rare meetings with a senior UN official, but agreed to regular communication with the organisation, state media said today. Jeffrey Feltman arrived in Beijing today after wrapping up a five-day visit to Pyongyang aimed at defusing the crisis, just a week after North Korea said it test-fired a new ballistic missile capable of reaching the United States...
STATE EDITIONSView All
14 Dec 2017 | PNS | DALTONGANJ
Following a directive from Secretary of Higher and Technical Education and Skill Development, Ajoy Kumar Singh, who in the meeting with the VCs the State universities on Tuesday in Ranchi asked to launch an intensive drive for the registration of the pass students of session 2015, 2016 and 2017 for placement, VC of Nilamber Pitamber University SN acknowledged going after this directive. Briefing newsmen here SN Singh said, “The...