- Kerala tribal youth beaten to death by lynch mob
- Modi greets Trudeau with hug at ceremonial reception
- AAP vs Chief Secy: Police team at CM's residence
- PNB fraud: ED freezes deposits, shares worth Rs 44cr of Nirav Modi group
- Trump admin makes H1-B visa approval tough; Indian firms to be impacted
- Sunanda Pushkar death: SC notice to Delhi Police on Swamy's plea for SIT probe
- Australian Deputy PM resigns amid sexual harassment claim
- Parrikar discharged from Mumbai hospital
- SC asks if Kerala HC was justified in annulling Hadiya's marriage
- Canada High Commission cancels dinner invite to Khalistan terrorist
- PNB fraud: ED seizes luxury cars, more assets of Modi, Choksi
India maul Bangladesh 7-0 in Asia Cup
Dhaka: Favourites India produced yet another clinical performance to maul minnows Bangladesh 7-0, registering their second consecutive win at the men's Asia Cup hockey tournament, here on Friday. India scored five goals in the first two quarters while another two after the change of ends. Gurjant Singh (7th minute), Akashdeep Singh (10th), Lalit Upadhyay (13th), Amit Rohidas (20th), Harmanpreet Singh (28th, 47th) and Ramandeep Singh (46th) were the goal scorers for India in the Pool A encounter. India secured as many as 13 short corners in the entire four quarters but could make use of just two. Meanwhile in the other match of Pool A, Japan held Pakistan to a 2-2 draw.
Easwaran stars as India A clinch series
Visakhapatnam: Opener Abhimanyu Easwaran and left-arm spinner Shahbaz Nadeem were the star performers for India A in their comfortable 64-run win over New Zealand A in the third unofficial 'ODI', thereby clinching the five-match series. India A have now taken an unassailable 2-0 lead with back-to-back wins after the first game was abandoned due to inclement weather and the second match ended in a tie. Opting to bat first, India A scored a healthy 289 for 6 in 50 overs and then bowled the Kiwis out for 225 in 45.1 overs. Easwaran anchored the innings with a patient 83 off 104. For New Zealand, opener George Worker (108) fought valiantly but none of the other batsmen could cross 50-run mark. Nadeem with 4 for 33 was the pick of the India A bowlers while pacer Siddharth Kaul picked 3 for 25.
National Cycling C’ship on Nov 5
New Delhi: India's best 150 elite cyclists will be seen in action at the National Cycling Championships in the capital on November 5. It will be an INR 8 lakh prize money event and will be hosted by Saksham Pedal Delhi. "Coming off a great showing at the Track Asia Cup, Saksham Pedal Delhi provides a perfect platform to host the National Cycling Championships," Onkar Singh, Secretary General of Cycling Federation of India (CFI), said. The riders will be divided into two categories on the basis of the make of the cycles -- mountain and/or hybrid and road and will compete in a crit format 30-KM race. Bollywood actor Farhan Akhtar will be Brand Ambassador of the event.
- After fan violence, cop dies of heart stroke 24 Feb 2018 | AP
- Milan face Gunners in Europa last-16 clash 24 Feb 2018 | AP
- 2 goals not enough for napoli 24 Feb 2018 | AP
- Eves eye rare double series win 24 Feb 2018 | PTI
- T20 must for game of cricket, says Ganguly 24 Feb 2018 | PTI
- ‚ÄėBatsmen have to play smart‚Äô 24 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Raina looks for ODI comeback via T20 24 Feb 2018 | PTI
- singles 24 Feb 2018 | Agencies
- All eyes on perfect finale 24 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Canada‚Äôs league gets ICC nod 23 Feb 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Feb 2018 | PNS
Special cleanliness drive today Bhopal: The Sant Nirankari Charitable Foundation is organising a special cleanliness drive on Saturday at Government Sultania Hospital on Saturday. The Nirankari volunteers will assemble at 7...