- UP BJP MLA dies in road crash on way to Investors' Summit
- PNB fraud: Centre opposes plea for SIT probe, says probe on
- SC stays criminal proceedings against Priya Varrier, director
- CBI arrests PNB General Manager in $1.8 bn fraud case
- Chief Secretary row: Delhi Police questions CM's advisor
- CBI begins questioning of Rotomac owner Kothari
- AAP MLAs allegedly assault Delhi Chief Secretary in CM's presence
- PNB closed all options to recover dues by going public: Modi
- Fitch places PNB on 'Rating Watch Negative' with downgrade possibility
- PNB fraud: SC to hear PIL seeking SIT probe on Friday
- SC to hear actress Priya's plea seeking quashing of FIR
- India test fires medium range nuclear capable Agni-II missile
- Pak drug smuggler killed; 10 kg narcotics, arms seized along IB: BSF
CSK, Mumbai Indians to start IPL-11
new delhi: Comeback giants Chennai Super Kings will take on holders Mumbai Indians to kick-start the Indian Premier League, which has retained its earlier match timings, weeks after considering broadcaster's request for a change in schedule. The first match on April 7 will be held at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai, which will also see the return of two-time winners CSK from a two-year ban owing to involvement in corruption. The venues for eliminator and qualifier 2 have not been confirmed yet while the qualifier 1 and the final will be played at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai on May 22 and 27 respectively. As per the fixtures posted on the IPL website on Wednesday, there will be 48 evening matches and 12 afternoon starts. The double headers timings remained unchanged, while the opening ceremony will take place in Mumbai on April 6.
White magic at winter Olympics
pyongchang: Snowboarding great Shaun White sealed his Olympic legend with a breathtaking run under pressure on Wednesday, as strong winds played havoc with the ski schedule and Mikaela Shiffrins bid for multiple medals. White, starting last in the halfpipe, watched bronze medallist Scotty James wipe out before nailing a spectacular last run of the day to snatch victory from Japans Ayumu Hirano, celebrating wildly afterwards. It was sweet redemption for the 31-year-old veteran, known as the "Flying Tomato" because of his red hair, who won gold in 2006 and 2010 and helped put the hipster sport on the map, but flopped in Sochi four years ago. While White celebrated at Phoenix Park, it was a very different story at Yongpyong Alpine Centre where high winds forced the womens slalom to be postponed until Friday. Not one of the skiing events has gone ahead on schedule so far, with winds of up to 25 metres (82 feet) per second making it difficult even to stand in some mountain areas.
Dynamos prevail 1-0 over NEUFC
guwahati: Bottom-placed Delhi Dynamos were left to rely on a late strike from substitute Kalu Uche to get the better of NorthEast United FC 1-0 in the Indian Super League here on Wednesday. After a rather timid first half, Delhi finally broke the deadlock with Uche's thunderous header in the 87th minute of the match at Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium. David Ngaihte floated in a cross from the right and the ball just held up for Uche, who jumped to produce a header, which did not give the NorthEast United goalkeeper any chance. Incidentally, the goal was the only shot on target by the Dynamos in the 90 plus four minutes of added time. The Dynamos didn't start the second half too well, with NorthEast looking like the better team.
ABhambri, Thompson reach Q/F of Chennai Open
chennai: Yuki Bhambri was the only Indian to reach the last eight of the Chennai Open ATP Challenger tennis tournament, with an easy 6-2, 6-3 win on Wednesday over compatriot Sidharth Rawat. Joining the Indian number two seed in the quarterfinals were top-seed Jordan Thompson of Australia and the No 3 and 4 seeds Duckhee Lee (Korea) and Mohammed Safwat (Egypt). The two other Indian players in the fray - Arjun Khade and Abhinav Sanjeev Shanmugam, both qualifiers, fell by the wayside, losing in straight sets to Safwat and Lee respectively. In the Bhambri-Rawat match, the former was in control and never dropped serve while breaking his rival's delivery twice in each set.
- NZC backs Eden Park for T20 Final 21 Feb 2018 | AFP
- Eves eye double series win in SA 21 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Need to be more proactive, says Dala 21 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Sardar named captain for Azlan Shah Cup 21 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Virat crosses 900-point mark in test & odi 21 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Singles 21 Feb 2018 | Agencies
- India aim to seal deal 21 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Srikanth wants 21-point format to stay 21 Feb 2018 | PTI
- ‚ÄėWant to become No 1 this year‚Äô 21 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Indian coach Constantine accepts contract extension 21 Feb 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Feb 2018 | PNS
‘Paper Bag making’ workshop organised Jabalpur:To increase awareness of environment conservation ‘Paper Bag making’ workshop was organised by Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited and Xavier Institute of Development Action and Studies (Xidas) Jabalpur at Government Higher Secondary School Tilhari. The workshop was inaugurated by Regional Director HPCL PK Tomar and administrator of XIDAS Fr...