- India beat Bangladesh by four wickets to win Nidahas T20 Tri-Series
- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
Arsenal end EPL losing streak with 3-0 win
Arsenal ended a three-game Premier League losing streak with a 3-0 victory over Watford on Sunday.
Pierre Emerick Aubameyang and Henrikh Mkhitaryan each contributed a goal and an assist after Shkodran Mustafi's header had given the Gunners an early lead in a clinical attacking display at the Emirates Stadium.
The scoreline was flattering for the home side but Watford only had themselves to blame after spurning multiple chances, most notably a penalty miss by captain Troy Deeney.
Arsenal were menacing in attack right from the start as Mesut Ozil slid Aubameyang through on goal within two minutes, only for Watford goalkeeper Orestis Karnezis to save well with his legs.
However, Ozil wouldn't be denied his 50th Premier League assist for long. The Germany midfielder became the fastest man to reach that milestone — in 141 games — when Mustafi headed his precise free kick back across goal in the eighth minute.
As good as Arsenal were going forward, they were vulnerable at the other end. Watford should have leveled when Petr Cech palmed Richarlison's free kick into the path of Roberto Pereyra, who failed to direct the bouncing ball into an open goal.
Ozil had an equally good chance moments later as he glided into the penalty area before Karnezis made another fine save with his legs.
- Bengal wary of defending crown 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Vidarbha win Irani Trophy 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Australian women whitewash India in ODI series 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Virat and Dhoni proposed A+ category: Rai 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Singles 19 Mar 2018 | Agencies
- V is for dk 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Federer survives scare, faces Potro in Final 19 Mar 2018 | AP
- Have to comeback stronger: Sindhu 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- SPAL hold Juventus to offer Napoli title lifeline 19 Mar 2018 | AP
- We won ISL fairly: Gregory 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Leader of the Opposition in the state assembly Ajay Singh said that the claims of women well-wisher Chief Minister Shivraj Singh are deceiving as miscreants with minor offences are arrested with immediate effect, but in the matter related to a minister's son, Chouhan says enquiry would be conducted He further alleged that prime facie, minister's son was responsible for Preeti Raghuvanshi’s suicide. Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today instructed police officials to...