- PM hails soldiers who participated in 1971 Indo-Pak war
- Politics being used to crush people; Congress will defeat politics of hate: Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul will lead the party with courage, dedication: Sonia
- Body of JeM terrorist found from Pulwama dist in JK: Police
- Mizoram becomes third power-surplus state in NE: PM Modi
- Coalscam: Ex-Jharkhand CM Koda, former coal secy get 3 yr jail
- Rahul Gandhi takes charge as Congress president
Champions lose 2-3 in opener; Liverpool held
Chelsea had two players sent off and lost 3-2 to Burnley as it started its English Premier League title defense on Saturday.
Captain Gary Cahill was shown a straight red card for a studs-first lunge in the 13th minute, before the champions conceded three goals in a 20-minute period before halftime.
Striker Sam Vokes scored two of them by converting crosses out wide, either side of a stunning volley by left back Stephen Ward.
Alvaro Morata reduced the deficit on his first league start since a club-record move from Real Madrid for 58 million pounds ($75 million) in the 69th, as Chelsea improved after halftime.
Any hopes of an unlikely comeback looked to have disappeared when midfielder Cesc Fabregas was red-carded in the 81st after receiving his second booking. However, David Luiz ensured a tense finish when he volleyed home in the 88th.
The result will not improve the mood of Chelsea manager Antonio Conte, who hasn't hidden his frustration at failing to significantly bolster his squad in the offseason. With Eden Hazard, Tiemoue Bakayoko and Pedro Rodriguez injured and Victor Moses suspended, Chelsea had a threadbare match-day 18.
Liverpool concede late goal
WATFORD: Liverpool conceded in second-half injury time to draw 3-3 at Watford on Saturday as the team's defensive frailties flared in its first game of the Premier League season.
Scoring goals wasn't a problem for Liverpool at Vicarage Road despite the absence of unsettled playmaker Philippe Coutinho but the visitors couldn't keep them out either, showing lessons haven't been learnt from last season.
- Sindhu trounces Yamaguchi in Dubai 16 Dec 2017 | PTI
- ‚ÄėWill leave Vijender beaten & broken‚Äô 16 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Singles 16 Dec 2017 | Agencies
- Neroca register thrilling win on home debut 16 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Bhaag Chhangte Bhaag! 16 Dec 2017 | Aditya K Halder
- time for Delhi to get into groove 16 Dec 2017 | Aditya K Halder
- Malinga not in T2O squad 16 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Smith stands in England‚Äôs way 16 Dec 2017 | AFP
- Singles 15 Dec 2017 | Agencies
- Real Madrid rally to beat Al Jazira 15 Dec 2017 | AP
Sunday EditionView All
10 Dec 2017 | AFP | Seoul
North Korea blamed US "nuclear blackmail" for soaring tensions over its weapons programme in rare meetings with a senior UN official, but agreed to regular communication with the organisation, state media said today. Jeffrey Feltman arrived in Beijing today after wrapping up a five-day visit to Pyongyang aimed at defusing the crisis, just a week after North Korea said it test-fired a new ballistic missile capable of reaching the United States...
STATE EDITIONSView All
16 Dec 2017 | PNS | Chandigarh
Eyeing 2019 Assembly and Parliamentary polls, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal on Friday asked the senior bureaucrats to rise above considerations of caste and religion and assist the Government in framing such policies which met the aspirations of the people. The Chief Minster while speaking at the inaugural session of the three-day chintan shivir for Cabinet Ministers, IAS, IPS and IFS at Timber Trail Heights, in Parwanoo asked them to finalise...