- BJP caricature of Rahul Gandhi not working any more: Tharoor
- PM inaugurates ferry service between Ghogha and Dahej in Guj
- AP CM Naidu meets scientists and food experts in US
- Democratic chairman: Trump 'most dangerous' president ever
- Mukul Roy likely to be inducted in BJP in Nov: party leader
- Militant killed in encounter in J-K's Kupwara
Champions lose 2-3 in opener; Liverpool held
Chelsea had two players sent off and lost 3-2 to Burnley as it started its English Premier League title defense on Saturday.
Captain Gary Cahill was shown a straight red card for a studs-first lunge in the 13th minute, before the champions conceded three goals in a 20-minute period before halftime.
Striker Sam Vokes scored two of them by converting crosses out wide, either side of a stunning volley by left back Stephen Ward.
Alvaro Morata reduced the deficit on his first league start since a club-record move from Real Madrid for 58 million pounds ($75 million) in the 69th, as Chelsea improved after halftime.
Any hopes of an unlikely comeback looked to have disappeared when midfielder Cesc Fabregas was red-carded in the 81st after receiving his second booking. However, David Luiz ensured a tense finish when he volleyed home in the 88th.
The result will not improve the mood of Chelsea manager Antonio Conte, who hasn't hidden his frustration at failing to significantly bolster his squad in the offseason. With Eden Hazard, Tiemoue Bakayoko and Pedro Rodriguez injured and Victor Moses suspended, Chelsea had a threadbare match-day 18.
Liverpool concede late goal
WATFORD: Liverpool conceded in second-half injury time to draw 3-3 at Watford on Saturday as the team's defensive frailties flared in its first game of the Premier League season.
Scoring goals wasn't a problem for Liverpool at Vicarage Road despite the absence of unsettled playmaker Philippe Coutinho but the visitors couldn't keep them out either, showing lessons haven't been learnt from last season.
- Singles 22 Oct 2017 | Agencies
- India maul Pakistan 4-0 to enter Final 22 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Red Devils stumped, City still unbeaten 22 Oct 2017 | AP
- Srikanth sails into Final; Prannoy, Saina bow out 22 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Mali prevail over Ghana, enter semi 22 Oct 2017 | PTI
- England cruise into s/f 22 Oct 2017 | PTI
- ‚ÄėIndia at home are strongest in world‚Äô 22 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Blue army face Kiwis in opener 22 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Favourites Spain up against determined Iran 22 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Rahane is India's 3rd opener: Virat 22 Oct 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will reach Washington DC on October 22. He has been invited by Pt Deendayal Upadhyay Forum, where he will address as a key speaker in the programme organised by the forum...