- India down hosts New Zealand in Four-Nations hockey
- Sonai honour killing case: Court awards death sentence to six
- India's entry into elite nuclear groups reaffirms its non- proliferation commitments: PM
- 4 injured in ceasefire violation by Pak
- Pak raises Jadhav's case in UNSC debate on Afghanistan
- India asks UN to focus on eliminating terror safe havens in Pak
- US government shuts down
Finch to be rested for warm-up game
Australia opener Aaron Finch will miss the warm-up match against Board President's XI to be played at MA Chidambaram stadium here on Tuesday.
However, the right-hander is not in any doubt for the ODI series opener against India on Sunday, cricket.com.au has reported.
The norm of resting a few seniors during warm-up games is not uncommon. All-rounder Hilton Cartwright missed Monday's training session due to illness and is also in doubt, with a decision on his participation to be made on Tuesday morning.
Finch had injured his calf playing for Surrey in England six weeks ago and has been working closely with physiotherapist Alex Kountouris over the past two days in order to be fit for Sunday's series opener. All fit members of Australia's squad are expected to play some role against President's XI as the match is not an official List A fixture meaning each team can field more than 11 players.
Meanwhile, the Board President's XI captain Gurkeerat Singh Mann told reporters ahead the game that he was excited about playing the Australians. "I am excited to play. I made my debut against the Australians. Am happy to get an opportunity to play them again," he said.
Despite having little time to practice and plan, he said the players were ready.
"You need to be ready all the time. All of us have been playing. I have been playing back home. It is also a good opportunity for us to get runs/wickets and carry forward the form to domestic cricket.
"Wherever you get selected, you need to perform. It is about giving our best. We need to keep it simple and perform to our potential," the all-rounder, who has played three ODIs for India said.
- Singles 20 Jan 2018 | Agencies
- Kiwis complete series whitewash 20 Jan 2018 | AFP
- India hammer Zimbabwe 20 Jan 2018 | PTI
- Look at positives, we took 20 wickets: Dhoni 20 Jan 2018 | PTI
- Impressive England beat Oz in 2nd ODI 20 Jan 2018 | AFP
- Players turn up heat on weather policy 20 Jan 2018 | AFP
- Nadal sails into 4th round 20 Jan 2018 | AP
- Federer shines, Djokovic survives 19 Jan 2018 | AFP
- Defensive skills letting Rohit down in Tests: Dean Jones 19 Jan 2018 | PTI
- ABD surprised by lively Indian attack 19 Jan 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
14 Jan 2018 | AFP | Yangon
Myanmar’s civilian leader Aung San Suu Kyi has welcomed an unprecedented army admission that security forces carried out extra-judicial killings of Rohingya Muslims as a “positive step”, state-backed media reported on Saturday. After months of staunch denials of abuse, the army on Wednesday said a probe found four members of the security forces helped kill 10 Rohingya militant suspects at Inn Din village on September 2, leaving their bodies in a...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Jan 2018 | PNS | Gwalior
It was a pleasing sight on Friday to witness 66 street children, accompanied by the District Collector and other officials at the Gwalior fair. The children enjoyed the visit, gazing at the stalls selling local produce and crafts...