- In Modi, Trump has a leader he can truly work with: experts
- Monsoon session of Parliament from July 17 to Aug 11
- Over 140 people feared buried in China landslide
- Modi to be first world leader to have WH dinner with Trump
- DU announces first cut-off list
- Srikanth reaches 3rd successive Super Series final
- Modi embarks on three-nation tour
Indian team enters Archery WC Final
India's compound men's archery team today advanced to the final of the season's first World Cup here.
The team comprising Abhishek Verma, Chinna Raju Srither and Amanjeet Singh made the final after getting the better of USA's Reo Wilde, Steve Anderson and Braden Gellenthien 232-230 in a closely-fought semifinal.
Verma then coupled with Jyothi Surekha Vennam to enter the bronze medal play-off in mixed pair event.
However, Indian recurve archers, including Olympians Atanu Das and Deepika Kumari, cut a sorry figure as they bowed out of their respective events early.
Trailing by one point (116-117) after the second set, Indian compound men's team bounced back to clinch the third 60-57 with all perfect 10s including one X (closest to centre). They then held on to their nerves in the decider to clinch the issue.
The fourth seeded India will take on 10th seeds Colombia in tomorrow's summit clash.
In the mixed pair bronze medal match, Verma and Jyothi with take on the USA. The duo lost to second seeded Korea 152 -158 in the semis. In the first major competition after last year's Rio Olympics, Atanu and Deepika came up with poor performances in the recurve section. Atanu made a quarterfinal exit after going down to Dutch debutant Steve Wijler, who later made a dream final by beating three-time Olympic medallist Im Dong Hyun in the semifinals.
Deepika also made an exit in the last-eight round after losing to Hayakawa Ren of Japan 1-7. Recurve mixed combination of Atanu and Deepika made a quarterfinal exit after a 3-5 defeat to Russia.
Men's recurve team lost to Japan 0-3 in the quarterfinals while women's recurve team, seeded sixth, made a first round exit after being beaten 2-6 by USA.
USA later advanced to the final.
- Federer advances to 11th Halle Final 25 Jun 2017 | AP
- India hammer Pak 6-1 in classification clash 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Hamilton takes 66th career pole in Azerbaijan GP 25 Jun 2017 | AP
- Super Srikanth reaches Australia Final 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- singles 25 Jun 2017 | Agencies
- Indian Eves kick off WC campaign in style 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Rain clouds over odi no 2 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- singles 24 Jun 2017 | Agencies
- ‘Lot of catching-up to do for recognition’ 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- English test for India in opener 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
25 Jun 2017 | Shipra Parashar/ Srishti Garg | New Delhi
With Delhi University declaring its first cut-off list on Friday, SGTB Khalsa college came out with the highest 99.66 per cent for BSc (Hons) Electronics...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Jun 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
A regimented protocol of ‘Fast Track Bypass surgeries’ in which a patient can get discharged in three days has been initiated by the Max hospital here. Addressing media persons Senior Consultant Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery (CTVS), Dr Manish Meswani said that Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery (CABG) involves counselling of patient and fast tracking the conventional processes...