Irfan wins bronze in 20km Race Walk
National record holder K T Irfan clocked an impressive timing to win a bronze in the 20km men's event in the Asian Race Walk Championships here on Sunday.
Irfan finished the race in 1 hour 20 minutes and 59 seconds.
He was a tad slower than his national record timing of 1:20.21 which he set while finishing 10th in the 2012 London Olympics but was still able to earn a podium finish.
Korea's Kim Hyun-Sub took the gold in 1:19:50 while Georgiy Sheiko of Kazakhstan bagged the silver in 1:20:47.
27-year-old Irfan had won the National Race Walking Championships here last month in 1:22:43.48 and has already qualified for the World Championships in London in August.
In the women's 20km event, India's Priyanka failed to climb the podium as she finished fourth with a time of 1:37:42.
China's Wang Na comfortably won the gold medal with an effort of 1:30:51.
Host country walker Kumiko Okada finished second in 1:33:31 while Yeongeun Jeon of Korea took the third place in 1:34:35.
- Nadal advances; Kerber, Venus out of Cincinnati 18 Aug 2017 | AP
- India end Europe tour with 4-3 win vs Austria 18 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Bayern eye record 6th straight title 18 Aug 2017 | AP
- Real favourites to defend Liga title 18 Aug 2017 | AP
- Singles 18 Aug 2017 | Agencies
- Madrid show real class in Clasico 18 Aug 2017 | AP
- Cook, Root steady England against WIndies 18 Aug 2017 | AFP
- Dhoni in full swing at training 18 Aug 2017 | PTI
- India to begin U19 WC campaign against Oz 18 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Singles 17 Aug 2017 | Agencies
Sunday EditionView All
13 Aug 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA | Mumbai
Union Minister of State for Minority Affairs (Independent Charge) Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on said in Mumbai on Saturday that the Haj Policy-2018 — aimed at making the piligrimage process “transparent” and “smooth” — would be unveiled later this month. Speaking at the 22nd annual Haj orientation camp organised for Haj pilgrims at Haj House in Mumbai, Naqvi said that from the next year, the Haj would be organised as per to...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | bhopal
A 35-year-old dalit woman's nose was allegedly slashed and her husband was beaten by two members of an upper caste family at Renvjha village in Sagar district of Madhya Pradesh. Narendra Singh (32) and his father Sahab Singh beat up the woman's husband on Monday when he refused to go to their house and do some work, inspector RS Bagri of Surkhi police station said...