Irfan wins bronze in 20km Race Walk
National record holder K T Irfan clocked an impressive timing to win a bronze in the 20km men's event in the Asian Race Walk Championships here on Sunday.
Irfan finished the race in 1 hour 20 minutes and 59 seconds.
He was a tad slower than his national record timing of 1:20.21 which he set while finishing 10th in the 2012 London Olympics but was still able to earn a podium finish.
Korea's Kim Hyun-Sub took the gold in 1:19:50 while Georgiy Sheiko of Kazakhstan bagged the silver in 1:20:47.
27-year-old Irfan had won the National Race Walking Championships here last month in 1:22:43.48 and has already qualified for the World Championships in London in August.
In the women's 20km event, India's Priyanka failed to climb the podium as she finished fourth with a time of 1:37:42.
China's Wang Na comfortably won the gold medal with an effort of 1:30:51.
Host country walker Kumiko Okada finished second in 1:33:31 while Yeongeun Jeon of Korea took the third place in 1:34:35.
- Chile out to curb Portugal's Ronaldo 28 Jun 2017 | AFP
- Bumrah No 2, Kohli tops T20 charts 28 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Singles 28 Jun 2017 | Agencies
- Shastri for coach's job? 28 Jun 2017 | PTI
- dada part of special 7 28 Jun 2017 | PTI
- ‘Vettel is disgrace, prove you're man’ 27 Jun 2017 | AFP
- McEnroe ranks Serena 700th on men's tour 27 Jun 2017 | AFP
- Singles 27 Jun 2017 | Agencies
- ‘Assembling U-23 side in few days tough’ 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- BCCI decides to form new committee to comply with SC order 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
25 Jun 2017 | Shipra Parashar/ Srishti Garg | New Delhi
With Delhi University declaring its first cut-off list on Friday, SGTB Khalsa college came out with the highest 99.66 per cent for BSc (Hons) Electronics...
STATE EDITIONSView All
28 Jun 2017 | PNS | CHANDIGARH
After introducing a policy on purchase of land voluntarily offered for development projects, Haryana Government on Tuesday launched a web portal to provide a database of such available land and land sale offers in the State. Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launched “ebhoomiharyana...