- EC acting like BJP's puppet, PM's 'roadshow' violation of model code: Congress
- Jaitley casts his vote, asks people to vote for development
- 2nd phase of Gujarat polls: 10% voting in 2 hours
- Dalit woman rape: Court awards death sentence to labourer
- Not undergone any makeover, BJP distorted my image: Rahul Gandhi
- Leaders pay homage to Parliament attack victims; Manmohan greets Modi
- Ex-Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda convicted in coal scam case
- Govt shelves Dec 31 deadline on Aadhaar, PAN in financial dealings
- Kerala seeks Rs 1,843 cr from Centre for Ockhi damage
- SC stalls Centre's takeover of Unitech
Neymar's debut in French league could be delayed
It's been nearly a week since Neymar landed in Paris, and the world's most expensive player still can't play for his new club in the French league.
Neymar's world-record 222 million euros ($262 million) transfer from Barcelona to Paris Saint-Germain was completed last week, but the Brazil international has yet to be granted permission to play. PSG wanted Neymar to start the season at the Parc des Princes last week against Amiens but his debut was delayed because his international transfer certificate (ITC) had not been received by the French league on time.
The former Santos forward was then expected to play on Sunday night at Guingamp at the 18,000-capacity Stade du Roudourou, but PSG fans might have to wait a bit longer to see the star in action.
The French league said in an email to The Associated Press on Thursday that it had not received the document needed from the Spanish federation. It added the deadline for receiving the document was midnight local time. The league however said Neymar could still be qualified for Sunday's game if PSG and the French federation decide against referring the issue to FIFA after the deadline expires.
- singles 14 Dec 2017 | Agencies
- Sindhu wins, Srikanth stumbles 14 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Aussies aim to clinch series 14 Dec 2017 | Agencies
- This year best of my career: Sharma 14 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Rohit: 1st man to score 3 double tons in ODIs 14 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Singles 13 Dec 2017 | Agencies
- kidambi keen to finish year on a high 13 Dec 2017 | Karthik Raman
- ‚ÄėThis Indian attack capable of getting 20 SA wickets‚Äô 13 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Wounded India keen to bounce back 13 Dec 2017 | PTI
- India's tour game in SA cancelled 12 Dec 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
10 Dec 2017 | AFP | Seoul
North Korea blamed US "nuclear blackmail" for soaring tensions over its weapons programme in rare meetings with a senior UN official, but agreed to regular communication with the organisation, state media said today. Jeffrey Feltman arrived in Beijing today after wrapping up a five-day visit to Pyongyang aimed at defusing the crisis, just a week after North Korea said it test-fired a new ballistic missile capable of reaching the United States...
STATE EDITIONSView All
14 Dec 2017 | PNS | DALTONGANJ
Following a directive from Secretary of Higher and Technical Education and Skill Development, Ajoy Kumar Singh, who in the meeting with the VCs the State universities on Tuesday in Ranchi asked to launch an intensive drive for the registration of the pass students of session 2015, 2016 and 2017 for placement, VC of Nilamber Pitamber University SN acknowledged going after this directive. Briefing newsmen here SN Singh said, “The...