Pak beat World XI by 20 runs
On a historic day for Pakistan cricket, the hosts beat World XI by 20 runs on Tuesday.
Put into bat, one-drop batsman Babar Azam top-scored with a 52-ball 86 studded with 10 boundaries and two sixes, adding 122 for the second wicket with Ahmed Shehzad who made 39.
However, World XI struggled to stay in hunt from the start. At one point they were 101/2 in 13th over, but quick fall of wickets after that proved fatal for them in their run chase as they ended with 177/7. World XI skipper Faf du Plessis top scored with 29, while Sohail Khan impressed with the ball with his 2/28.
Pakistan were the real winners not only on the field, but of it too after successfully managing to host a match of this magnitude.
Since 2009 Pakistan has played most of its home matches in the United Arab Emirates and also staged two editions of its premier domestic T20 tournament — the Pakistan Super League — in the UAE. It is only the second time Pakistan has hosted an international match since a 2009 terror attack on the Sri Lankan team bus, also in Lahore. Only Zimbabwe has toured Pakistan — for a short limited-overs series two years ago.
- Prannoy shocks Lee; Saina in Q/F 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Roma hold Chelsea 3-3; United win 21 Oct 2017 | AP
- Ghana face Mali in all-African last-8 clash 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Winning is priority over goals: Sargent 21 Oct 2017 | Aditya K Halder
- Keen tussle on cards 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Singles 21 Oct 2017 | Agencies
- In-form India eye yet another win vs Pak 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Taylor, Jarvis set to resume Test careers 21 Oct 2017 | AP
- Proteas displace India from top spot in ODIs 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- SL‚Äôs misery continues 21 Oct 2017 | AP
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A three-day film festival based on renowned filmmaker Kundan Shah will be organised in city. The film festival is all about the movies by Kundan Shah...