Pradeep ruled out of rest of india series
In a massive blow to Sri Lanka, pace spearhead Nuwan Pradeep was on Friday ruled out of the ongoing Test series against India due to a hamstring injury, leaving the hosts with just one medium pacer in the second match.
Pradeep, who had taken six wickets in the opening Test, had bowled only four balls with the second new ball yesterday and did not take field today.
The fresh injury blow to the hosts means that they have services of just one medium pacer, Dimuth Karunaratne, in the ongoing second Test.
"Nuwan Pradeep's out for one or two months," Karunaratne said at the press-conference after second day's play.
"I started my career as a bowler, not as a batsman, so I can bowl. The thing is there are a lot of bowlers who can bowl faster than 130-135," he said.
"We played only with one pace option, so when they asked me if we need to bowl a few overs with the new ball, I said I could. That's why I bowled a few overs with Chaminda Vaas to see how it goes."
- Sidenets 21 Apr 2018 | Agencies
- RCB, Daredevils seek revival 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
- India favourite to win World Cup: Sehwag 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Gayle played to perfection: Tye 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
- super kings go atop table 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
- KKR, Punjab eye top spot 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Paine promises to rebuild trust 20 Apr 2018 | AFP
- Bangladesh drop six, freeze pay after poor year 20 Apr 2018 | AFP
- Chennai fans head for Pune on special train 20 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Any total looks chaseable now: Uthappa 20 Apr 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal on Saturday inspected Anand Vihar ISBT area and reviewed issues related to traffic, parking, encroachment and sanitation. He directed Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System Ltd (DIMTS) and East Delhi Municipal Corporation to remove all unauthorised encroachments near the entry point of Anand Vihar ISBT and surrounding footpaths to facilitate easy movement of pedestrians...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Apr 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
The 57 metre- long bailey bridge on Gangotri highway which had collapsed on April 1 has been opened to the people on Friday after being repaired by the BRO officials. The bridge is supposed to be enjoying strategic importance in view of its location in the vicinity of the Indo-China border...