- Taj Mahal important, doesn't matter who built it: Adityanath
- Time for Ayurveda-led 'health revolution', says Modi
- Search on for missing Indian crew aboard capsized cargo ship: MEA
- RSS leader Ravinder Gosai shot dead in Punjab
- Bomb kills journalist who exposed Malta's ties to tax havens
- Panama Papers scribe killed in Malta car bomb
- North Korea says 'a nuclear war may break out any moment'
PRESENTING THE GREAT INDIAN RUN
ProSportify Venture Ltd, the group responsible for promoting Pro Wrestling League, announced on Wednesday the launch of yet another sporting novelty named “The Great Indian Run”.
Essentially a Multi City Ultra- Marathon, the initiative is intended to build a conducive atmosphere as well as a more popular perception towards the sport of Running. Going by the Tagline, “Jeet har Kadam Par”, the run will witness 12 elite marathoners make their way through six states and cover a distance of 1480 kms, starting at the India Gate from Delhi on 3rd July and concluding it in Mumbai at the Gateway of India on July 20th. The event has the support of celebrity runner Milind Soman and actress Gul Panag.
The ‘Great India Run’ has partnered with a free running & fitness training mobile app, MobieFit, which is co founded by Gul Panag and will allow runners to get marathon-ready. The first edition of the run will see athletes like Arun Bhardwaj, Mathias Jorgensen, Siddharth Choudhary, David Slotsgaard Bredo, Yuri Esperson, Lisa Stoddart, Meenal Sukhija, Satish Gujaran, Ranjana Deopa, Naresh Bharadwaj, Dinesh Heda and Joginder Chandna, participate.
Soman, while speaking about his association with Great India Run, said, “The running scene in India is beginning to gain momentum, and promoters such as ProSportify are bringing it to the fore, inspiring events such as The Great India Run. Apart from helping to spread the message of health and fitness, the cross-country run will also aid our athletes as they compete at the Olympics.”
MobieFit co-founder Panag said, “It is great to see more running initiatives in the country. Apart from the awareness generated about running, it shows citizens that anyone can run. Now, a hero can be made out of a common man.”
The ultra-marathon has also joined hands with GoSports Foundation, who will be generating funds which will be further donated to the country’s deserving Olympians.
- Singles 17 Oct 2017 | Agencies
- USA ride on Weah‚Äôs hat-trick 17 Oct 2017 | Aditya K Halder
- Upbeat England face Japan 17 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Arp fires Germany into Q/F 17 Oct 2017 | Karthik Raman
- Barca salvage draw through Suarez 16 Oct 2017 | AP
- Federer bests Rafa once again to clinch Shanghai title 16 Oct 2017 | AP
- Another Latin American challenge for USA 16 Oct 2017 | Aditya K Halder
- Happy to play in Delhi: Wueck 16 Oct 2017 | Aditya K Halder
- Tough test awaits inconsistent Germany 16 Oct 2017 | Karthik Raman
- Singles 16 Oct 2017 | Agencies
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Around 23 lakh farmers have got registered so far in Bhavantar Bhugtan Yojana launched today in Madhya Pradesh. The registration process was started from September 1...