- S Africa widens hunt for Zuma allies to India, China
- India best placed to leverage technology: PM
- DMK to convene 'all-party' meet on Cauvery issue
- Pak charges Rs 2.86L as route navigation charges on PM flights
- Mentally challenged person shot dead near J&K Air Force station
- FIR against Rotomac promoter for Rs 800 cr bank fraud: CBI
- PNB fraud fallout: CBI seals Brady House Branch in Mumbai
PRESENTING THE GREAT INDIAN RUN
ProSportify Venture Ltd, the group responsible for promoting Pro Wrestling League, announced on Wednesday the launch of yet another sporting novelty named “The Great Indian Run”.
Essentially a Multi City Ultra- Marathon, the initiative is intended to build a conducive atmosphere as well as a more popular perception towards the sport of Running. Going by the Tagline, “Jeet har Kadam Par”, the run will witness 12 elite marathoners make their way through six states and cover a distance of 1480 kms, starting at the India Gate from Delhi on 3rd July and concluding it in Mumbai at the Gateway of India on July 20th. The event has the support of celebrity runner Milind Soman and actress Gul Panag.
The ‘Great India Run’ has partnered with a free running & fitness training mobile app, MobieFit, which is co founded by Gul Panag and will allow runners to get marathon-ready. The first edition of the run will see athletes like Arun Bhardwaj, Mathias Jorgensen, Siddharth Choudhary, David Slotsgaard Bredo, Yuri Esperson, Lisa Stoddart, Meenal Sukhija, Satish Gujaran, Ranjana Deopa, Naresh Bharadwaj, Dinesh Heda and Joginder Chandna, participate.
Soman, while speaking about his association with Great India Run, said, “The running scene in India is beginning to gain momentum, and promoters such as ProSportify are bringing it to the fore, inspiring events such as The Great India Run. Apart from helping to spread the message of health and fitness, the cross-country run will also aid our athletes as they compete at the Olympics.”
MobieFit co-founder Panag said, “It is great to see more running initiatives in the country. Apart from the awareness generated about running, it shows citizens that anyone can run. Now, a hero can be made out of a common man.”
The ultra-marathon has also joined hands with GoSports Foundation, who will be generating funds which will be further donated to the country’s deserving Olympians.
- SL complete T20 win 19 Feb 2018 | AP
- Batting lets Eves down in 3rd T20 against South Africa 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- ‚ÄėOne of our most balanced performances‚Äô 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- England win battle, but NZ win war 19 Feb 2018 | AFP
- AB de Villiers ruled out of T20I series 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Singles 19 Feb 2018 | Agencies
- NO STOPPING BLUE ARMY 19 Feb 2018 | IANS
- World No 1 Federer bags 97th career title 19 Feb 2018 | AP
- Rafi's late strike helps Chennai snatch a draw 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Lewandowski rescues Bayern with late victory 19 Feb 2018 | AP
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Feb 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | Bokaro
A police team of Bokaro Thermal police station headed by inspector cum officer-in charge Parmeshwar Leyangi on Sunday morning conducted raids at Ganjutola in Armo forest area here and seized approx 2.5 tonnes of illegal coal along with their 4 motorcycles and 5 cycles,said Bokaro SP Kartik S...