Rabada tops rankings, Ashwin moves to 4th
Kagiso Rabada regained his top spot among bowlers crossing the coveted 900-point mark in ratings even as Indian off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin climbed up a couple of notches to be placed fourth in the ICC Test Player Rankings, released on Tuesday.
Rabada was back as No 1 after his 'Player of the Match' effort of 11-150 that helped South Africa defeat Australia by six wickets in Port Elizabeth to level their four-match series at 1-1.
Rabada is the 23rd bowler to cross 900 points and only the fourth South Africa player to do so after Vernon Philander (highest of 912 points in 2013), Shaun Pollock (909 in 1999) and Dale Steyn (909 in 2014).
Despite India not playing a Test match currently, Ashwin gained two places as Josh Hazlewood (from 4th to 5th) and Mitchell Starc (5th to 9th) slipped in the rankings following Australia's defeat. The other Indian Ravindra Jadeja remained static at third place.
In the batsmen's list, there has been no change with Steve Smith perched at the top while Indian captain Virat Kohli in second position.South Africa batsman AB de Villiers is another major gainer in the latest rankings update, his scores of 126 not out and 28 helping him move up five slots to reach seventh position in the batsmen's list led by Australia captain Steve Smith.
- Sweden, Korea eye chances in tough group 18 Jun 2018 | AP
- Belgium start with newcomers Panama 18 Jun 2018 | AP
- Three Lions under radar for opener against Tunisia 18 Jun 2018 | AP
- Musco bites 18 Jun 2018 | Agencies
- Ticos ticked off by Serbia 18 Jun 2018 | AP
- DEFENDING CHAMPS DEFENCELESS 18 Jun 2018 | AP
- Singles 18 Jun 2018 | Agencies
- ‚ÄėFocus is on fitness to win medal at Asiad‚Äô 18 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Roy and Buttler set up England win 18 Jun 2018 | AFP
- Chandimal charged over ball-tampering 18 Jun 2018 | AFP
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
After around a week, it rained heavily in the State capital on Sunday. It was a short spell of around 15 minutes, but rains lashed almost the whole city...