- Taliban kill 18 soldiers in attack on Afghan army base: Officials
- Will shift operations partially to IGI T2 in coming weeks: IndiGo
- False allegations levelled against me but truth will prevail: Choksi to employees
- FM slams regulators' failure to detect PNB fraud
- Delhi diamond exporter booked for Rs 389-cr OBC loan fraud
Stokes to join England in New Zealand
Ben Stokes will join the England squad in New Zealand after the star all-rounder pleaded not guilty on Tuesday to a charge of affray over a nightclub incident that forced him out of the Ashes tour.
The 26-year-old all-rounder appeared at Bristol Magistrates' Court in the southwest of England along with two other men and will next appear at Bristol Crown Court on March 12.
The England and Wales Cricket Board issued a statement shortly after Stokes's first court appearance confirming his travel plans but he is not expected to make an immediate return after nearly five months out of the side.
"Having entered his plea at Bristol Magistrates' Court today, Ben Stokes will now travel to New Zealand to join the England squad," said an ECB spokesman. "He departs tomorrow, Wednesday 14 February, and will arrive on Friday 16 February, ready to train with England team-mates in Hamilton."
The statement said any decision to include him in upcoming matches would be made by the England management team. He is not currently being considered for the ongoing International Twenty20 tri-series against New Zealand and Australia.
England start a five-match one-day international series against New Zealand on February 25, followed by two Tests.
- After fan violence, cop dies of heart stroke 24 Feb 2018 | AP
- Milan face Gunners in Europa last-16 clash 24 Feb 2018 | AP
- 2 goals not enough for napoli 24 Feb 2018 | AP
- Eves eye rare double series win 24 Feb 2018 | PTI
- T20 must for game of cricket, says Ganguly 24 Feb 2018 | PTI
- ‚ÄėBatsmen have to play smart‚Äô 24 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Raina looks for ODI comeback via T20 24 Feb 2018 | PTI
- singles 24 Feb 2018 | Agencies
- All eyes on perfect finale 24 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Canada‚Äôs league gets ICC nod 23 Feb 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Feb 2018 | PNS
Special cleanliness drive today Bhopal: The Sant Nirankari Charitable Foundation is organising a special cleanliness drive on Saturday at Government Sultania Hospital on Saturday. The Nirankari volunteers will assemble at 7...