Stokes to join England in New Zealand
Ben Stokes will join the England squad in New Zealand after the star all-rounder pleaded not guilty on Tuesday to a charge of affray over a nightclub incident that forced him out of the Ashes tour.
The 26-year-old all-rounder appeared at Bristol Magistrates' Court in the southwest of England along with two other men and will next appear at Bristol Crown Court on March 12.
The England and Wales Cricket Board issued a statement shortly after Stokes's first court appearance confirming his travel plans but he is not expected to make an immediate return after nearly five months out of the side.
"Having entered his plea at Bristol Magistrates' Court today, Ben Stokes will now travel to New Zealand to join the England squad," said an ECB spokesman. "He departs tomorrow, Wednesday 14 February, and will arrive on Friday 16 February, ready to train with England team-mates in Hamilton."
The statement said any decision to include him in upcoming matches would be made by the England management team. He is not currently being considered for the ongoing International Twenty20 tri-series against New Zealand and Australia.
England start a five-match one-day international series against New Zealand on February 25, followed by two Tests.
- Ricky praises Pant, criticizes top order 21 May 2018 | PNS
- Nadal wins 8th Rome title 21 May 2018 | AP
- Bangladesh recall Mosaddek for T20 series 21 May 2018 | AFP
- Svitolina defends Italian Open title against Halep 21 May 2018 | AP
- Gill credits death bowling for win against Sunrisers 21 May 2018 | PTI
- Madrid end season with disappointing 2-2 draw 21 May 2018 | AP
- Kovac ruins Heynckes‚Äô farewell 21 May 2018 | AP
- CSK win sends RR into play-offs 21 May 2018 | PTI
- singles 21 May 2018 | Agencies
- Delhi knock Mumbai out of IPL 21 May 2018 | Piyush Bisht
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 May 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
With State’s biggest Urban Local Body (ULB) gearing up to conduct vendors’ committee election in June second week for formation of first Town Vending Committee, the members of Ranchi Footpath Hawkers Association covering quite a number of street vendors appear reluctant to take part in the upcoming election. Notably, as per the rule, allocation of shops to street vendors at the vendors market is done on the recommendation of the...