Zim defeating SL in ODIs is good for game: Ashwin
India's premier off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin welcomed the upset ODI series victory scored by minnows Zimbabwe against hosts Sri Lanka and said such shock results will help cricket stay healthy.
"With regard to Zimbabwe winning over Sri Lanka, that's how the game goes, anybody can lose, anybody can win. Tomorrow Afghanistan may beat someone, so that's the way the sport needs to (go). It is very healthy for the game," Ashwin said on the sidelines of a promotional event of small finance bank,
Zimbabwe had defeated Sri Lanka 3-2 in the five match ODI series by winning the first, fourth and the fifth games.
Ashwin is part of the India squad led by Virat Kohli which is soon to engage Sri Lanka in a full-fledged series comprising three Tests, five ODIs and a lone T20 in the island nation. The tour commences on July 21 with a two-day practice game at Moratuwa prior to the opening Test at Galle beginning July 26.
The 30-year-old cricketer was reluctant to comment on the appointment of new head coach Ravi Shastri who has replaced Anil Kumble.
"I think, the new coach or the new support staff, it does not come under my jurisdiction, it is not something I will take a call on.
"I am not being diplomatic, it will be unfair for me to pass a comment on that. Likewise always, the Indian team moves on, India moves on (and) we have to find out in course of time, how it is going," concluded Ashwin.
- Sidenets 21 Apr 2018 | Agencies
- RCB, Daredevils seek revival 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
- India favourite to win World Cup: Sehwag 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Gayle played to perfection: Tye 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
- super kings go atop table 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
- KKR, Punjab eye top spot 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Paine promises to rebuild trust 20 Apr 2018 | AFP
- Bangladesh drop six, freeze pay after poor year 20 Apr 2018 | AFP
- Chennai fans head for Pune on special train 20 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Any total looks chaseable now: Uthappa 20 Apr 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal on Saturday inspected Anand Vihar ISBT area and reviewed issues related to traffic, parking, encroachment and sanitation. He directed Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System Ltd (DIMTS) and East Delhi Municipal Corporation to remove all unauthorised encroachments near the entry point of Anand Vihar ISBT and surrounding footpaths to facilitate easy movement of pedestrians...