- Yogi unveils booklet on achievements; promises development
- No discussion on H-1B during Modi-Trump meeting
- SC refuses interim order agst Centre's notification on Aadhaar
- China accuses Indian troops of 'crossing boundary' in Sikkim section
- India, US to cooperate against JeM, LeT; ask Pak to rein in terror groups
- With hugs and praise, Modi and Trump strike rapport
1,338 pregnant women die in 5 yrs
As many as 1,338 pregnant women died during treatment and delivery in various hospitals during the last five years in the State.
Health and Family Welfare Miniser Pradip Kumar Amat informed this in the State Assembly in response to a question of Congress MLA Chandra Sekhar Majhi on Monday.
While 500 women died during delivery, 838 others died while undergoing treatment during the period, according to the information.
The numbers of women died during delivery are 168 in 2012-13, 85 in 2013-14, 77 in 2014-15, 90 in 2015-16 and 80 in 2016-17. Similarly, 237 women died during treatment in 2012-13, 161 in 2013-14, 176 in 2014-15 and 132 died each in 2015-16 and 2016-17.
In a question of Congress MLA Bhujabal Majhi, the Minister told the House that total of 1,34,244 infants have died during the period from 2009-10 to December 2016.
- Portal of land offered for dev launched 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- inbrief 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab SC panel orders VB probe against Patiala’s private college 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana textile traders join strike 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab Govt launches tree plantation drive 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Textile traders down shutters in Punjab 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Cops book 5 people for attempt to murder over land dispute 28 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Akami Multi Specialty Ayurvedic Clinic opens in city 28 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HP Youth Congress to counter BJP yatra with Vikas Prachar yatra 28 Jun 2017 | Kamal Joshi | in Chandigarh
- Haryana aims GSDP growth at 9.8% 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh