1,338 pregnant women die in 5 yrs
As many as 1,338 pregnant women died during treatment and delivery in various hospitals during the last five years in the State.
Health and Family Welfare Miniser Pradip Kumar Amat informed this in the State Assembly in response to a question of Congress MLA Chandra Sekhar Majhi on Monday.
While 500 women died during delivery, 838 others died while undergoing treatment during the period, according to the information.
The numbers of women died during delivery are 168 in 2012-13, 85 in 2013-14, 77 in 2014-15, 90 in 2015-16 and 80 in 2016-17. Similarly, 237 women died during treatment in 2012-13, 161 in 2013-14, 176 in 2014-15 and 132 died each in 2015-16 and 2016-17.
In a question of Congress MLA Bhujabal Majhi, the Minister told the House that total of 1,34,244 infants have died during the period from 2009-10 to December 2016.
- State of World Children Report 2017 released in Bhopal 19 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Election results indicate moral loss to BJP: Ajay Singh 19 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Tribal Festival at Bhopal Haat from today 19 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Urdu theatre festival at Bharat Bhavan today 19 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- OBC students in distress as scholarships cut down 19 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Little artists perform on stage 19 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- 2K school children to participate in Balrang Festival 19 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Dehradun
- Hearing impaired kids participate in chess contest 19 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Yogendra Khanduri visits Balika Niketan 19 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Four drug peddlers arrested, contraband seized 19 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun