2 STF troopers injured in IED blast
Two personnel of the Special Task Force (STF) including an Assistant Platoon Commander (APC) were injured when a pressure bomb allegedly laid by Maoists went off in Dantewada district in Chhattisgarh, senior police official said on Tuesday.
The incident took place near Gudse village comes under Katekalyan police station limits when the security forces were returning after an anti-Naxal operation, Dantewada District Superintendent of Police (SP) Kamalochan Kashyap said.
Assistant Platoon Commander Rakesh Singh and Constable Mukesh Kunjam, belonging to the STF, sustained injuries in the explosion, the SP further said. Security forces had been out on the operation since the last two days, Kashyap added.
On their way back to the camp, they reached near Gudse village when the security personnel stepped on the pressure bomb triggering a blast in which the duo were injured, he said.
The injured personnel were immediately rushed to a local hospital, from where they were shifted to Dantewada town for further treatment, Kashyap added.
- Car hits tree at Bokaro road: Three killed 27 May 2017 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- I will welcome constructive criticism: Dr Sharan 27 May 2017 | RR Srivastava | in Ranchi
- Naxals torch rly station in Bokaro 27 May 2017 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Bridging rich-poor gap biggest challenge: CM 27 May 2017 | SUMAN K SHRIVASTAVA | in Ranchi
- ‘Go Rurban’ social event organised for youth in city 27 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- ‘Limelight’ movie screened at Charlie Chaplin Film Fest 27 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Painting exhibition ‘Sparsh’ organised at Swaraj Art Gallery 27 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Cops nab three person for producing fake Rly job letter 27 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Poverty to Prosperity event for tribal women 27 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Theatre group organises Kathak workshop 27 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal