2 STF troopers injured in IED blast
Two personnel of the Special Task Force (STF) including an Assistant Platoon Commander (APC) were injured when a pressure bomb allegedly laid by Maoists went off in Dantewada district in Chhattisgarh, senior police official said on Tuesday.
The incident took place near Gudse village comes under Katekalyan police station limits when the security forces were returning after an anti-Naxal operation, Dantewada District Superintendent of Police (SP) Kamalochan Kashyap said.
Assistant Platoon Commander Rakesh Singh and Constable Mukesh Kunjam, belonging to the STF, sustained injuries in the explosion, the SP further said. Security forces had been out on the operation since the last two days, Kashyap added.
On their way back to the camp, they reached near Gudse village when the security personnel stepped on the pressure bomb triggering a blast in which the duo were injured, he said.
The injured personnel were immediately rushed to a local hospital, from where they were shifted to Dantewada town for further treatment, Kashyap added.
- INBRIEF 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- State health centres bag national award 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- JMM call for Opposition unity for ‚Äô19 polls 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Triumphant candidates celebrate, thank voters 21 Apr 2018 | ADREESH BHATTACHARYA | in Ranchi
- BJP retains Mayor, Deputy Mayor posts in RMC 21 Apr 2018 | PRAGYA PALLAVI | in Ranchi
- Polling to be held on May 13 in 18 municipal committees of Haryana 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana orders crop loss assessment exercise 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Three MoUs signed at YMCA's Industrial Conclave 2018 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Nine more ministers in Punjab Cabinet 21 Apr 2018 | Monika Malik | in Chandigarh
- Collapsed bridge on Gangotri highway re-opens 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun