Security forces gun down Maoist in encounter
A Maoist was gunned down on Monday in an exchange of fire with security personnel at a forest patch in restive Kanker district of Bastar, police said.
The skirmish took place this afternoon in the forest near Kamteda village when a joint team of STF, BSF and DRG was out on an anti-Naxal operation, according to Special Director General of Police (anti-Naxal operations) D M Awasthi.
“One Naxal was killed in the incident. Upon receiving information about the movement of Maoists in the area, a joint team of Special Task Force (STF), District Reserve Guard (DRG) and Border Security Force (BSF) launched a counter-insurgency operation ”, he said.
- First meeting of Acharya Shankar Ekta Nyas held at CM residence 24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Massive rebel camp destroyed in W Singhbhum 24 Apr 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- DC DC MDM meal: headmastersuspended 24 Apr 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- 2 killed in road mishap in Gandhinagar 24 Apr 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Five held for illegal mining 24 Apr 2018 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- Garhwa SP launches safety drive 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- LED campaign vehicle flagged off in Bokaro 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- MP Govt clears Rs 3,250 cr for dist roads construction 24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Man gets lifer for killing aunt 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mishra new Nalco Dir (Com) 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar