- Jharkhand High Court extends RJD president Lalu Prasad's provisional bail till July 3
- Missing county has been blessing in disguise: Kohli
- ISJK chief among four militants killed in Kashmir, cop and civilian also dead
- ED moves special court to declare Vijay Mallya fugitive offender
- New Zealand prime minister gives birth to healthy baby girl
Security forces gun down Maoist in encounter
A Maoist was gunned down on Monday in an exchange of fire with security personnel at a forest patch in restive Kanker district of Bastar, police said.
The skirmish took place this afternoon in the forest near Kamteda village when a joint team of STF, BSF and DRG was out on an anti-Naxal operation, according to Special Director General of Police (anti-Naxal operations) D M Awasthi.
“One Naxal was killed in the incident. Upon receiving information about the movement of Maoists in the area, a joint team of Special Task Force (STF), District Reserve Guard (DRG) and Border Security Force (BSF) launched a counter-insurgency operation ”, he said.
- IN BRIEF 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- IN BRIEF 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 3 killed, 2 injured in road mishap 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 900 villages get wi-fi: IT Dept 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand may withdraw consent to DBT in ration 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 arrested in gangrape case 23 Jun 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Woman who accused cop of destroying her married life commits suicide 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Need to continuously adapt to evolving technology: Aman 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Veteran leader Bagun Sumbrui passes away 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM for easy loans to marginalised sections 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi