3,691 benefited under SC schemes, says Haryana Social Justice Minister
Haryana Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Krishan Kumar on Monday said that financial assistance of over Rs22.91 crore, including more than Rs2.44 crore as subsidy, has been provided to 3,691 beneficiaries under various schemes of Haryana Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation (HSCFDC) during the current financial year up to February, 2017.
He said that persons belonging to Scheduled Castes were being provided loans under various categories to enable them to set up their ventures and make them self-employed. These categories included agriculture and allied, industrial, trade and business sectors, professional and self employment sector. Financial assistance under schemes assisted by National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation (NSFDC) was also being provided to them.
The Minister said that in agriculture and allied sector, loans amounting to over Rs14.63 crore for dairy and piggery farming, sheep rearing, and jhota buggi or camel cart or mule cart were disbursed among 2,606 beneficiaries, out of which, over Rs13.15 crore had been released as bank loan and over Rs 1.47 crore as subsidy. Rs 59.30 lakh had been provided to 89 beneficiaries under industrial sector scheme, out of which, more than Rs 44.79 lakh had been released as bank loan and over Rs 8.57 lakh as subsidy. Similarly, over Rs 6.83 crore was provided to 948 beneficiaries in trade and business sector, out of which, more than Rs 5.27 crore had been released as bank loan and over Rs 86.93 lakh as subsidy.
He said in the professional and self employment sector, Rs. two lakh has been given to two beneficiaries out of which Rs 1.60 lakh had been released as loan and Rs 20,000 as subsidy. They were assisted for taking up legal profession. Similarly, Rs 70 lakh had been released by the Corporation under the NSFDC-assisted schemes during the same period. Out of this, the share of the State Corporation was Rs 6.10 lakh.
Krishan Kumar urged the persons belonging to Scheduled Castes to avail maximum benefits of various schemes being implemented by the Central and State Governments.
- State of World Children Report 2017 released in Bhopal 19 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Election results indicate moral loss to BJP: Ajay Singh 19 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Tribal Festival at Bhopal Haat from today 19 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Urdu theatre festival at Bharat Bhavan today 19 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- OBC students in distress as scholarships cut down 19 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Little artists perform on stage 19 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- 2K school children to participate in Balrang Festival 19 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Dehradun
- Hearing impaired kids participate in chess contest 19 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Yogendra Khanduri visits Balika Niketan 19 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Four drug peddlers arrested, contraband seized 19 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun