- Indian national Kulbhushan Jadhav, files mercy petition with Pakistan Army chief: ISPR.
- Indian IT not H-1B dependent, says Infosys CEO
- Opposition parties to meet over Presidential election
- Those who celebrated Pak's win should go and live there: Rizvi
- 3 LeT militants gunned down in Pulwama
- Pak to review 'lenient' visa policy for Chinese citizens
Anti-liquor body to intensify stir in Ganjam
The opening of liquor shops in the district by the district administration flouting the rules and regulations has ruined the poor people and led to deterioration of the law and order situation, said South Odisha Nishanibaran Committee convenor Sanatan Choudhury at a meeting held here on Monday.
Choudhury demanded implementation of the total prohibition Act in Odisha as done by the Bihar Government in 2016. The committee has also called for agitation for implementing the Act immediately in the State; otherwise in coming days anti-liquor protests would be intensified.
He expressed disappointment over opening of a liquor shop near the City High School at Sub-Registrar Office Square here flouting the law.
To strengthen the protest, journalist and BJP leader Rabi Rath has been selected as an advisor by the committee.
At the meeting committee president Padma Charan Das, Gokalyan Samiti president Pramod Chandra Sahu, BJP Krusaka Morcha president Surya Narayan Das, advocate RadhaCharan Nayak, BJP Mahila Morcha general secretary Babita Patra, Rashmiranjan Sahu, Sukant Kumar Nayak, Rabi Das, Ashok Gupta, Lalit Mohan Padhi and Sashibhusan Rout were present.
- Bhopalites to witness Aradhna today 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Painting exhibition begins at Bharat Bhavan 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Use of bio-resources to be regulated soon 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Double murder case: Main accused held 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Will purchase all farm produce, assures CM 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- College students perform asanas on Yoga Day 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- World Yoga Day celebrated across institutions 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- President to visit Doon in July 22 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Muslim minors held for shouting pro-Pak slogans in Uttarakhand 22 Jun 2017 | PTI | in Dehradun
- Two woman Maoists gunned down in encounter with police 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur