- No split in SP; Mulayam rules out forming new party as of now
- Refused open-jeep roadshow, Rahul's Gujarat campaign begins with bullock-cart yatra
- Sports Ministry recommends shuttler Sindhu for Padma Bhushan
- Crackdown on BHU students: Two police officials removed
- Mukul Roy announces resignation from TMC
- Trump announces new travel restrictions, includes N.Korea
Anti-liquor body to intensify stir in Ganjam
The opening of liquor shops in the district by the district administration flouting the rules and regulations has ruined the poor people and led to deterioration of the law and order situation, said South Odisha Nishanibaran Committee convenor Sanatan Choudhury at a meeting held here on Monday.
Choudhury demanded implementation of the total prohibition Act in Odisha as done by the Bihar Government in 2016. The committee has also called for agitation for implementing the Act immediately in the State; otherwise in coming days anti-liquor protests would be intensified.
He expressed disappointment over opening of a liquor shop near the City High School at Sub-Registrar Office Square here flouting the law.
To strengthen the protest, journalist and BJP leader Rabi Rath has been selected as an advisor by the committee.
At the meeting committee president Padma Charan Das, Gokalyan Samiti president Pramod Chandra Sahu, BJP Krusaka Morcha president Surya Narayan Das, advocate RadhaCharan Nayak, BJP Mahila Morcha general secretary Babita Patra, Rashmiranjan Sahu, Sukant Kumar Nayak, Rabi Das, Ashok Gupta, Lalit Mohan Padhi and Sashibhusan Rout were present.
- Various events mark Swacchta Bharat Mission programme 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- IGRMS holds demo of traditional iron smelting 25 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman dies and four others injured in fire mishap 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Laxmi Automobiles organises Khushiyan Har Aangan 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Mayawati targets BJP Govt 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- inbrief 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Loktantra Senanis to carry out march on October 2 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Ujjawala Yojana transformed lives of poor: CM 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Inner Wheel Club organises Dandiya night 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Colleges will remain close today in state 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow