Anti-liquor body to intensify stir in Ganjam
The opening of liquor shops in the district by the district administration flouting the rules and regulations has ruined the poor people and led to deterioration of the law and order situation, said South Odisha Nishanibaran Committee convenor Sanatan Choudhury at a meeting held here on Monday.
Choudhury demanded implementation of the total prohibition Act in Odisha as done by the Bihar Government in 2016. The committee has also called for agitation for implementing the Act immediately in the State; otherwise in coming days anti-liquor protests would be intensified.
He expressed disappointment over opening of a liquor shop near the City High School at Sub-Registrar Office Square here flouting the law.
To strengthen the protest, journalist and BJP leader Rabi Rath has been selected as an advisor by the committee.
At the meeting committee president Padma Charan Das, Gokalyan Samiti president Pramod Chandra Sahu, BJP Krusaka Morcha president Surya Narayan Das, advocate RadhaCharan Nayak, BJP Mahila Morcha general secretary Babita Patra, Rashmiranjan Sahu, Sukant Kumar Nayak, Rabi Das, Ashok Gupta, Lalit Mohan Padhi and Sashibhusan Rout were present.
- First meeting of Acharya Shankar Ekta Nyas held at CM residence 24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Massive rebel camp destroyed in W Singhbhum 24 Apr 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- DC DC MDM meal: headmastersuspended 24 Apr 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- 2 killed in road mishap in Gandhinagar 24 Apr 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Five held for illegal mining 24 Apr 2018 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- Garhwa SP launches safety drive 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- LED campaign vehicle flagged off in Bokaro 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- MP Govt clears Rs 3,250 cr for dist roads construction 24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Man gets lifer for killing aunt 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mishra new Nalco Dir (Com) 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar