- Bullet-riddled body of man working for Army found: police
- Violent threats not acceptable in democracy: Venkaiah Naidu
- Steep fare hike will 'kill' Delhi Metro: Kejriwal
- Pakistan justifies Hafiz Saeed's release
- President urges legal fraternity to provide free services to poor
- Egypt army launches offensive against militants after deadly mosque attack
Anti-liquor body to intensify stir in Ganjam
The opening of liquor shops in the district by the district administration flouting the rules and regulations has ruined the poor people and led to deterioration of the law and order situation, said South Odisha Nishanibaran Committee convenor Sanatan Choudhury at a meeting held here on Monday.
Choudhury demanded implementation of the total prohibition Act in Odisha as done by the Bihar Government in 2016. The committee has also called for agitation for implementing the Act immediately in the State; otherwise in coming days anti-liquor protests would be intensified.
He expressed disappointment over opening of a liquor shop near the City High School at Sub-Registrar Office Square here flouting the law.
To strengthen the protest, journalist and BJP leader Rabi Rath has been selected as an advisor by the committee.
At the meeting committee president Padma Charan Das, Gokalyan Samiti president Pramod Chandra Sahu, BJP Krusaka Morcha president Surya Narayan Das, advocate RadhaCharan Nayak, BJP Mahila Morcha general secretary Babita Patra, Rashmiranjan Sahu, Sukant Kumar Nayak, Rabi Das, Ashok Gupta, Lalit Mohan Padhi and Sashibhusan Rout were present.
- Sexual assault of 16-yr-old girl: Police nab miscreant 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- JNAU signs pact with Chiba University of Japan 25 Nov 2017 | Pioneer News Service | in Bhopal
- Advancing development of library practitioners 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Medical workshop to be organised today at AIIMS 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- In brief 25 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Dengue deaths rising: Civic body blamed for poor sanitation 25 Nov 2017 | Pioneer News Service | in Bhopal
- Work will be given to SHGs 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Famous artist from Gujarat displays art at Bharat Bhavan 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Valuables worth Rs 1.5 lakh burgled from Ratan Colony 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Play staged at State Tribal Museum 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal