- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
- Nationwide strike brings banking operations to a halt
- Jitu wins bronze in ISSF World Cup
- Jitu wins bronze in ISSF World Cup
- Samsung heir to be indicted on bribery charges
- China to build first underwater platform in South China Sea
- SC rejects plea to terminate foetus with Down syndrome
- 11 killed as bus plunges into canal in Andhra
- Slain Indian engineer's body reaches Hyderabad home
- Kejriwal to meet LG on Ramjas issue
- DU girl withdraws from campaign against ABVP
Assistant engineer commits suicide
Gwalior: An assistant engineer of the Madhya Pradesh State Electricity Board (MPSEB) committed suicide by hanging at his Ganpati Vihar residence on Monday. Police said the deceased identified as Abhijeet Shrivastava, who hailed from Varanasi, found hanging at his residence on Monday morning. Although there were no immediate reasons as to why he took the extreme steps, a police officer investigating the case confided that Abhijeet had a dispute with his parents sometimes back. Also he was facing a tough time because of non-payment of his salary by the electricity board. Meanwhile, PK Tiwari, Superintending Engineer MPSEB, said that the company would have provided his salary within days but he was on leave.
CMP to fields candidates from 8 constituencies
Gwalior: The CPM would field its candidates on eight seats in the coming Assembly elections. They would play the role of strong opposition after winning the seat. This was stated by Lok Sabha MP Vasudev Acharya. Speaking to reportes here, he said that the party was fielding its candidate from Jaura, Gohad, Pushparajgarh, Mhow, Dhohani, Anooppur, Simiriya and Sirmor constituencies. The party would field Prem Narian Mahor from Gohad Assembly seat and Ashok Tiwari from Jaura. He further said that the party would contest elections against anti-people police of government. The CPM leader said that the incident of Muzaffar Nagar was an effort of communal polarisation. An agitation would be launched against this on October 30 in Delhi. Acharya was accompanied by Sate secretary Badal Saroj and Dtrict secretary Akhilesh Yadav. Acharya who has been MP from Bengal for the last 10 years alleged that the UPA Government at the Centre and BJP Government in State followed the same policies of benefiting the capitalists so his party would make efforts to form Government in the centre without Congress and BJP.
Make livestock rearing a self-reliant: Yadav
Bhopal: Governor Ram Naresh Yadav called upon the veterinary experts and doctors to play active roles in making livestock rearing a self-reliant in the State. Participating at the 3rd Convocation of Nanaji Deshmukh Veterinary Science University, Jabalpur, on Monday, Yadav said when the students of this university became veterinary doctors, they should play an important role in making livestock rearing self-reliant and thus Madhya Pradesh could become one of the developed States. The State’s first citizen said that Nanaji Deshmukh worked hard throughout his life to provide employment to rural people and described MP as a State with largest population of bovine animals. Yadav also urged the student community to take a pledge to make the State as number one in milk production. During the convocation the Governor also conferred honorary degree to Dy Director General of Indian Council for Agriculture Research, New Delhi, Dr Krishna Murarilal Pathak. He also gave away PhD degrees to three students, gold medals to two, graduation degree to 141 and post-graduate degrees to 45 students. The Governor also released university’s souvenir and compilation of research studies of students titled “Research Highlights”. Vice-Chancellor of Veterinary Science University Govind Prasad presented university’s progress report. Vice-Chancellors and professors of various universities were also present on the occasion.
Vinod Zutshi to visit State
Bhopal: Deputy Election Commissioner of India Vinod Zutshi is arriving here on Tuesday. Zutshi will hold a meeting at 4.30 pm with Chief Electoral Officer Jaideep Govind and other officers. He will also hold a meeting with senior police officers at 5.30 pm regarding law and order situation. On Wednesday at 9.30 am to 12.30 pm, Zutshi will review progress of preparations for elections in Chambal and Gwalior divisions and from 12.30 to 2 pm in Sagar and Narmadapuram divisions at Chief Electoral Office. After taking meeting of Bhopal division from 3 to 4.30 pm, the Deputy Election Commissioner will leave for Indore. On October 10, Zutshi will review preparations of Ujjain division from 10 am to 1 pm and Indore division from 2 to 5 pm.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- 58 per cent voting recorded in fifth phase of polling 28 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Akhilesh Yadav threw another gauntlet to PM asking for debate 28 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mayawati takes a dig at CM and his wife Dimple 28 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP divided over muslim participation in party organisation 28 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Odisha can supply power to each family in next 2-3 yrs 28 Feb 2017 | Sugyan Choudhury | in Bhubaneswar
- Ministry of Home Affairs refused to change cadre of Amitabh Thakur 28 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP, BJD at loggerheads again over IOCL 28 Feb 2017 | SRIKANTA K TRIPATHY | in Bhubaneswar
- Gohain reviews railway projects, stresses on safety 28 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- BJP, Cong move SEC over discrepancies in evaluation 28 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Farmers dump tomato before K’jhar DM office 28 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
As a Mexican, Latin-American migrant worker and as a human being I am against any kind of wall that wants to separate us.
Dividing the world into us and our enemies, categories creates fear, a deceitful justification for aggression and war.
There is no collective goodwill or cooperation in Saarc. The Indo-Pak dispute happens to be the stumbling block.