- Militant, among 3 killed in J&K forest shootout
- 15 dead Maoists fished out of Maharashtra river; toll 37
- Saroj Khan backs casting couch, says film industry 'at least' gives jobs
- Pakistan hockey hero seeks heart transplant in India
- India strongly raises terrorism issue at SCO FMs' meet in China
- Trump admin toughens H1-B visa procedure
- PM launches Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan
- Kathua rape-murder: Cop, SPO arrested by SIT move J-K HC
April 30 as Ayushman Bharat Diwas
Ayushman Bharath Yojana, an innovative and comprehensive public health program of the Government of India will be launched in the city on the August 15. Preparations are on to celebrate April 30 as the Ayushman Bharath Divas. This was stated by Vinod Sharma, the Municipal Commissioner during an interaction with the mediapersons on Sunday.
The recently launched Ayushman Bharath Yojana aims to provide the underprivileged and economically backward people access to government as well as private healthcare facilities. The Municipal Commissioner said that under this scheme the central government will set up about 1.5 lakh wellness centers that will have an effective impact on comprehensive primary healthcare for preventive as well as curative care.
Elaborating on the scheme the Municipal Commissioner said that The Public Health and Family Welfare Department of the Government of Madhya Pradesh that deals with matters related to public health and family welfare will be responsible for the initiation of the yojana in the state.
He further said that the number beneficiaries will be based on the socio-economic caste basis and already instructions have been sent to all concerned officials to make the necessary amendments and modifications in the census. He also said that to ensure that nobody is left out there will not be any cap on the family size and age under this scheme. He added that assistance from the Panchayat and Rural Development Department too will be taken to ensure a speedy and accurate census.
Instructions have been sent to all Asha workers to visit each and every house to conduct the survey. They have been further asked to complete the work by the 7th of May. The survey will be rectified by a competent authority by the 10th of May. A helpline, 1097 for any assistance will be on operation from the 25th of April.
- Crorepati bank assistant in Vig net 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Six-month old elephant calf dies in pond 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CSIR-IIP marks 59th Foundation Day 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Lok Adalat settles 356 cases in B‚Äôpur 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 1902 jail to turn into museum 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Pedestrians pose hindrance to traffic here 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Rourkela tagged under UDAN scheme 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Paramour behind murder of Neha Yadav 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Handloom saree drive in city a big draw 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- IISWC pen-down, tool down strike continues 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun