- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Awards for best rural development announced
Sushil Chandra Verma Excellence Awards have been announced for outstanding works accomplished under Panchayats and Rural Development Department during financial year 2011-12.
This is the first time when Panchayat's and Rural Development Department have organised such award distribution ceremony. In a formal procedure Commissioners, Collectors, CEOs of district, Janpad Panchayats and engineers of rural engineering services will be awarded.
The awardees include Ujjain divisional commissioner Arun Kumar Pandey, the then collectors, CEOs of district and Janpad Panchayats, engineers of rural engineering service and Madhya Pradesh Rural Roads Development Corporation and other departmental officers.
The awards will be given for their outstanding performances under schemes of Panchayats and Rural Development Department including Mukhyamantri Gram Sadak Yojna, Total Sanitation Campaign, Watershed Area Management Mission, Panch Parmeshwar Yojna, District Poverty Eradication Programme and infrastructure development and construction works.
There are three stages of the prize with three different amounts the first prize carries Rs50,000, second Rs25,000 and third prize carries Rs15,000.
Ujjain divisional commissioner Arun Kumar Pandey has been selected for the first prize on the basis of outstanding rural development works carried out in the division during financial year 2011-12. The state-level first prize for districts will be conferred to the them Datia collector Ashok Deshwal, then Sehore collector Sanjay Goyal second and third prize will be given to then Mandsaur collector Mahendra Gyani. For outstanding works under Watershed Area Management Mission, then Neemuch collector Lokesh Jatav will be awarded with first prize.
Similarly, CEOs of district Panchayats will also be conferred Sushil Chandra Verma Excellence Awards.
They include Khargone district Panchayat CEO PC Sharma for state-level first prize, the then CEO of Mandsaur district Panchayat Ashok Bhargava for second prize and the then CEO of Indore district Panchayat Gopal Chandra Dand for third prize. State-level first prizes will also be given out outstanding implementation of Panchayats and Rural Development Department's schemes.
The first prize will be given to Ratlam district Panchayat CEO Arjun Singh Dabar for Mukhyamantri Gram Sadak Yojna, the then CEO of Burhanpur district Panchayat Ramesh Bhandari for Total Sanitation Campaign, the then CEO of Damoh district Panchayat Chhabi Bhardwaj for Watershed Area Management Mission and the then CEO of Ujjain district Panchayat Ravindra Singh for Panch Parmeshwar Yojna.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Stop promoting ‘donkeys of Gujrat’ appeals CM 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Campaigning for forth phase of UP polls ends today 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Political conspiracy to tarnish his image says Prajapati on rape charges 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM openly supporting criminals, rapists: Pathak 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- People will give befitting reply to ‘political terrorism’: Rajendra Chaudhaury 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- IF elected BJP will expedite construction of Ram Temple: Katiyar 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- After three phases of UP polls, it is clear BJP will form Govt: Javedkar 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- PM polarizing polls on communal lines: Congress 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP seeks judicial probe into poll code violation 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Re-poll at Athagarh booths demanded 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
19 Feb 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
What will happen to the State politics after the weakening of the AIADMK? There is a positive consolidation of the DMK under the leadership of Stalin, which should be taken into consideration. One can only wait and watch, writes Kumar Chellappan It may not be out of place to write a requiem for a political entity called the AIADMK, which has been admitted to the critical care unit and connected...
In the case of both nations, India and Afghanistan, cross-border terrorism is originating from Pakistan which is also patronising it.
I have said goodbye to international cricket. I have played with seriousness and in a professional way for my country.
All of us in America have generally paid for our gas and oil all along. We're not in Iraq to seize anybody's oil or gas.