- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Awards for best rural development announced
Sushil Chandra Verma Excellence Awards have been announced for outstanding works accomplished under Panchayats and Rural Development Department during financial year 2011-12.
This is the first time when Panchayat's and Rural Development Department have organised such award distribution ceremony. In a formal procedure Commissioners, Collectors, CEOs of district, Janpad Panchayats and engineers of rural engineering services will be awarded.
The awardees include Ujjain divisional commissioner Arun Kumar Pandey, the then collectors, CEOs of district and Janpad Panchayats, engineers of rural engineering service and Madhya Pradesh Rural Roads Development Corporation and other departmental officers.
The awards will be given for their outstanding performances under schemes of Panchayats and Rural Development Department including Mukhyamantri Gram Sadak Yojna, Total Sanitation Campaign, Watershed Area Management Mission, Panch Parmeshwar Yojna, District Poverty Eradication Programme and infrastructure development and construction works.
There are three stages of the prize with three different amounts the first prize carries Rs50,000, second Rs25,000 and third prize carries Rs15,000.
Ujjain divisional commissioner Arun Kumar Pandey has been selected for the first prize on the basis of outstanding rural development works carried out in the division during financial year 2011-12. The state-level first prize for districts will be conferred to the them Datia collector Ashok Deshwal, then Sehore collector Sanjay Goyal second and third prize will be given to then Mandsaur collector Mahendra Gyani. For outstanding works under Watershed Area Management Mission, then Neemuch collector Lokesh Jatav will be awarded with first prize.
Similarly, CEOs of district Panchayats will also be conferred Sushil Chandra Verma Excellence Awards.
They include Khargone district Panchayat CEO PC Sharma for state-level first prize, the then CEO of Mandsaur district Panchayat Ashok Bhargava for second prize and the then CEO of Indore district Panchayat Gopal Chandra Dand for third prize. State-level first prizes will also be given out outstanding implementation of Panchayats and Rural Development Department's schemes.
The first prize will be given to Ratlam district Panchayat CEO Arjun Singh Dabar for Mukhyamantri Gram Sadak Yojna, the then CEO of Burhanpur district Panchayat Ramesh Bhandari for Total Sanitation Campaign, the then CEO of Damoh district Panchayat Chhabi Bhardwaj for Watershed Area Management Mission and the then CEO of Ujjain district Panchayat Ravindra Singh for Panch Parmeshwar Yojna.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- State Govt urged to check jumbo deaths, given tips 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Green nod to cement plant opposed in Jajpur district 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Animesh Biswas is new NITR Director 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mineral transport rates for truckers revised 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Nabard sets Rs 10K-cr aid for Odisha 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Poor execution of protective laws: SCs, STs suffer in State 01 Oct 2016 | MANAS JENA | in Bhubaneswar
- Graft slur against Sarpanch; fast held 01 Oct 2016 | RAJ KUMAR SHARMA | in Bhubaneswar
- Let CBI probe cases against Ramesh Jena, says Cong 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- N’garh cracker blast: STF begins probe 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 6,263 teachers’ posts still vacant in high schools 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
Devendra Fadnavis fights like women, the way they do over water taps. I have not seen a more short-tempered Chief Minister.
We start with an assumption that all we want is recognition. I don't work for recognition. It's love for the craft (of acting).
India-Pakistan confrontation can lead to a disaster of epic proportions for Jammu & Kashmir Escalations must be avoided.