Awards for best rural development announced
Sushil Chandra Verma Excellence Awards have been announced for outstanding works accomplished under Panchayats and Rural Development Department during financial year 2011-12.
This is the first time when Panchayat's and Rural Development Department have organised such award distribution ceremony. In a formal procedure Commissioners, Collectors, CEOs of district, Janpad Panchayats and engineers of rural engineering services will be awarded.
The awardees include Ujjain divisional commissioner Arun Kumar Pandey, the then collectors, CEOs of district and Janpad Panchayats, engineers of rural engineering service and Madhya Pradesh Rural Roads Development Corporation and other departmental officers.
The awards will be given for their outstanding performances under schemes of Panchayats and Rural Development Department including Mukhyamantri Gram Sadak Yojna, Total Sanitation Campaign, Watershed Area Management Mission, Panch Parmeshwar Yojna, District Poverty Eradication Programme and infrastructure development and construction works.
There are three stages of the prize with three different amounts the first prize carries Rs50,000, second Rs25,000 and third prize carries Rs15,000.
Ujjain divisional commissioner Arun Kumar Pandey has been selected for the first prize on the basis of outstanding rural development works carried out in the division during financial year 2011-12. The state-level first prize for districts will be conferred to the them Datia collector Ashok Deshwal, then Sehore collector Sanjay Goyal second and third prize will be given to then Mandsaur collector Mahendra Gyani. For outstanding works under Watershed Area Management Mission, then Neemuch collector Lokesh Jatav will be awarded with first prize.
Similarly, CEOs of district Panchayats will also be conferred Sushil Chandra Verma Excellence Awards.
They include Khargone district Panchayat CEO PC Sharma for state-level first prize, the then CEO of Mandsaur district Panchayat Ashok Bhargava for second prize and the then CEO of Indore district Panchayat Gopal Chandra Dand for third prize. State-level first prizes will also be given out outstanding implementation of Panchayats and Rural Development Department's schemes.
The first prize will be given to Ratlam district Panchayat CEO Arjun Singh Dabar for Mukhyamantri Gram Sadak Yojna, the then CEO of Burhanpur district Panchayat Ramesh Bhandari for Total Sanitation Campaign, the then CEO of Damoh district Panchayat Chhabi Bhardwaj for Watershed Area Management Mission and the then CEO of Ujjain district Panchayat Ravindra Singh for Panch Parmeshwar Yojna.
- INBRIEF 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- State health centres bag national award 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- JMM call for Opposition unity for ‚Äô19 polls 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Triumphant candidates celebrate, thank voters 21 Apr 2018 | ADREESH BHATTACHARYA | in Ranchi
- BJP retains Mayor, Deputy Mayor posts in RMC 21 Apr 2018 | PRAGYA PALLAVI | in Ranchi
- Polling to be held on May 13 in 18 municipal committees of Haryana 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana orders crop loss assessment exercise 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Three MoUs signed at YMCA's Industrial Conclave 2018 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Nine more ministers in Punjab Cabinet 21 Apr 2018 | Monika Malik | in Chandigarh
- Collapsed bridge on Gangotri highway re-opens 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun