- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Awards for best rural development announced
Sushil Chandra Verma Excellence Awards have been announced for outstanding works accomplished under Panchayats and Rural Development Department during financial year 2011-12.
This is the first time when Panchayat's and Rural Development Department have organised such award distribution ceremony. In a formal procedure Commissioners, Collectors, CEOs of district, Janpad Panchayats and engineers of rural engineering services will be awarded.
The awardees include Ujjain divisional commissioner Arun Kumar Pandey, the then collectors, CEOs of district and Janpad Panchayats, engineers of rural engineering service and Madhya Pradesh Rural Roads Development Corporation and other departmental officers.
The awards will be given for their outstanding performances under schemes of Panchayats and Rural Development Department including Mukhyamantri Gram Sadak Yojna, Total Sanitation Campaign, Watershed Area Management Mission, Panch Parmeshwar Yojna, District Poverty Eradication Programme and infrastructure development and construction works.
There are three stages of the prize with three different amounts the first prize carries Rs50,000, second Rs25,000 and third prize carries Rs15,000.
Ujjain divisional commissioner Arun Kumar Pandey has been selected for the first prize on the basis of outstanding rural development works carried out in the division during financial year 2011-12. The state-level first prize for districts will be conferred to the them Datia collector Ashok Deshwal, then Sehore collector Sanjay Goyal second and third prize will be given to then Mandsaur collector Mahendra Gyani. For outstanding works under Watershed Area Management Mission, then Neemuch collector Lokesh Jatav will be awarded with first prize.
Similarly, CEOs of district Panchayats will also be conferred Sushil Chandra Verma Excellence Awards.
They include Khargone district Panchayat CEO PC Sharma for state-level first prize, the then CEO of Mandsaur district Panchayat Ashok Bhargava for second prize and the then CEO of Indore district Panchayat Gopal Chandra Dand for third prize. State-level first prizes will also be given out outstanding implementation of Panchayats and Rural Development Department's schemes.
The first prize will be given to Ratlam district Panchayat CEO Arjun Singh Dabar for Mukhyamantri Gram Sadak Yojna, the then CEO of Burhanpur district Panchayat Ramesh Bhandari for Total Sanitation Campaign, the then CEO of Damoh district Panchayat Chhabi Bhardwaj for Watershed Area Management Mission and the then CEO of Ujjain district Panchayat Ravindra Singh for Panch Parmeshwar Yojna.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- CBI grills villagers in Pherupur rape case 29 Jul 2016 | Radhika Nagrath | in Dehradun
- Tribute to the ‘birdman of India’ 29 Jul 2016 | Jaskiran Chopra | in Dehradun
- AAP to provide tickets to only aam aadmi 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- All link roads in Punjab to get a facelift: Sukhbir 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- CM convenes all party meeting tomorrow 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Delhi CM’s remarks on PM undignified, says Badal 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana to set up de-addiction centres in jails 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Rape survivor protests against Govt's apathy 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- ‘Badal acquired land for SYL construction 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- AAI faces HC wrath over delay in Internat’l Airport 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
If we were to think India-Australia relations can only be done at Government levels, we will be missing major opportunities.
There is excitement for the film (Munna Bhai-3). I do my job, I don't take stress. The more stress you take the more worse you get.
America is already great. It is already strong. And I promise you, our strength, our greatness does not depend on Donald Trump.