- In Modi, Trump has a leader he can truly work with: experts
- Monsoon session of Parliament from July 17 to Aug 11
- Over 140 people feared buried in China landslide
- Modi to be first world leader to have WH dinner with Trump
- DU announces first cut-off list
- Srikanth reaches 3rd successive Super Series final
- Modi embarks on three-nation tour
Babasaheb was close to Jan Sangh, says BJP
In an attempt to woo dalit voters of the state, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has claimed that Baba Saheb Bhimrao Ambedkar was close to the Bharatiya Jan Sangh while the Congress remained negatively disposed towards him and also that Jan Sangh played an important role in Ambedkar’s election to Rajya Sabha from West Bengal.
In a statement given on the occasion of birth anniversary of Ambedkar on Sunday BJP state Organization General Secretary Arvind Menon said, “Bharatiya Jan Sangh and BJP have been champions of national unity. That is the reason why Constitution maker Ambedkar was close to this nationalist party.”
“Even the Congress was negatively disposed towards him when he was elected for the Rajya Sabha from West Bengal. Now, Congress cannot mislead the people by trying to establish that Ambedkar was associated to the party. The Scheduled classes know very well that Congress could never accept his intelligence and it always created hurdles to prevent him from entering the parliament,” Menon has stated.
“Including Ambedkar in the interim government was a compulsion for the Congress because without Ambedkar and Shyama Prasad Mukherjee the idea of forming a national government could not be achieved. In 1952, the Congress defeated Ambedkar in the parliamentary seat of Dadar in Bombay. It is strange that Jawaharlal Nehru did the sin of campaigning against Ambedkar during the elections.”
Targeting the Congress, Menon stated that the party is in the habit of misrepresenting facts. “It is pertinent in this view to say that Congress also fielded a candidate against him when he fought election from Bhandara. The reason behind this was the Congress mentality of devaluing him. Later, the role played by Jan Sangh in getting him elected for Rajya Sabha from West Bengal is not hidden from anybody,” Menon has remarked.
- Max Hospital initiates regimented protocol of ‘Fast Track Bypass surgeries’ 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Medical education dept gears up for admissions under State quota 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‘Bagasse made plates, bowls better option for plastic and themocol’ 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Doon hospital’s dept suffers due to lack of radiologists 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- EC disqualifies Narottam Mishra 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- PCC chief slams Rawat Govt on 100-day eve 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Rawat Govt’s 100 days in office with key achievements 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Sports 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Youth dies in lightning in Keonjhar 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 33 DAV CSpur students get top NEET ranks 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar