- P V Sindhu enters semifinals of All England Championship.
- Centre tells SC it will not damage Ram Sethu for shipping channel project
- Andhra CM targets PMO, alleges conspiracy
- 'TDP's exit signals opportunity for BJP to grow in Andhra'
- Bhagwant Mann resigns as AAP Punjab chief
- TDP quits NDA; to move no-confidence motion
Babasaheb was close to Jan Sangh, says BJP
In an attempt to woo dalit voters of the state, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has claimed that Baba Saheb Bhimrao Ambedkar was close to the Bharatiya Jan Sangh while the Congress remained negatively disposed towards him and also that Jan Sangh played an important role in Ambedkar’s election to Rajya Sabha from West Bengal.
In a statement given on the occasion of birth anniversary of Ambedkar on Sunday BJP state Organization General Secretary Arvind Menon said, “Bharatiya Jan Sangh and BJP have been champions of national unity. That is the reason why Constitution maker Ambedkar was close to this nationalist party.”
“Even the Congress was negatively disposed towards him when he was elected for the Rajya Sabha from West Bengal. Now, Congress cannot mislead the people by trying to establish that Ambedkar was associated to the party. The Scheduled classes know very well that Congress could never accept his intelligence and it always created hurdles to prevent him from entering the parliament,” Menon has stated.
“Including Ambedkar in the interim government was a compulsion for the Congress because without Ambedkar and Shyama Prasad Mukherjee the idea of forming a national government could not be achieved. In 1952, the Congress defeated Ambedkar in the parliamentary seat of Dadar in Bombay. It is strange that Jawaharlal Nehru did the sin of campaigning against Ambedkar during the elections.”
Targeting the Congress, Menon stated that the party is in the habit of misrepresenting facts. “It is pertinent in this view to say that Congress also fielded a candidate against him when he fought election from Bhandara. The reason behind this was the Congress mentality of devaluing him. Later, the role played by Jan Sangh in getting him elected for Rajya Sabha from West Bengal is not hidden from anybody,” Menon has remarked.
- Previous Govts indulged in business of illegally acquiring lands: CM 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Himachal would emerge as natural farming state: Guv 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Now it is mandatory to link PMAY beneficiary with geo-tagging 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana will be expanded: Khattar 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Tara given life imprisonment 18 Mar 2018 | PTI | in Bhopal
- Minister‚Äôs daughter-in-law commits suicide at Udaypura 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Interactive session with intellectuals, scribes held for Gwalior trade fair 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- 2-day national level working model contest Nirmaan2k18 concludes 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Farmers forced to dump tomatoes, feed them to cattle for poor rates, says Ajay Singh 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal