Babasaheb was close to Jan Sangh, says BJP
In an attempt to woo dalit voters of the state, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has claimed that Baba Saheb Bhimrao Ambedkar was close to the Bharatiya Jan Sangh while the Congress remained negatively disposed towards him and also that Jan Sangh played an important role in Ambedkar’s election to Rajya Sabha from West Bengal.
In a statement given on the occasion of birth anniversary of Ambedkar on Sunday BJP state Organization General Secretary Arvind Menon said, “Bharatiya Jan Sangh and BJP have been champions of national unity. That is the reason why Constitution maker Ambedkar was close to this nationalist party.”
“Even the Congress was negatively disposed towards him when he was elected for the Rajya Sabha from West Bengal. Now, Congress cannot mislead the people by trying to establish that Ambedkar was associated to the party. The Scheduled classes know very well that Congress could never accept his intelligence and it always created hurdles to prevent him from entering the parliament,” Menon has stated.
“Including Ambedkar in the interim government was a compulsion for the Congress because without Ambedkar and Shyama Prasad Mukherjee the idea of forming a national government could not be achieved. In 1952, the Congress defeated Ambedkar in the parliamentary seat of Dadar in Bombay. It is strange that Jawaharlal Nehru did the sin of campaigning against Ambedkar during the elections.”
Targeting the Congress, Menon stated that the party is in the habit of misrepresenting facts. “It is pertinent in this view to say that Congress also fielded a candidate against him when he fought election from Bhandara. The reason behind this was the Congress mentality of devaluing him. Later, the role played by Jan Sangh in getting him elected for Rajya Sabha from West Bengal is not hidden from anybody,” Menon has remarked.
- 14 minor bridges proposed over Mandirhasaud-Kendri rly line 25 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Raipur to fulfil PM’s ‘Smart City’ dream: Amar 25 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Summer camp of Mount Fort Academy draws good response 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Doon police chalks out traffic plan ahead of Passing- out- Parade at IMA on May 26 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Officers inspect arrangements made for pilgrimage at Rishikesh 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- PM inquires about status of Deoband-Roorkee rail project 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Cesu manager’s assets worth Rs 1.2 crore traced 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Baleswar DM takes stock of flood preparedness 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Vig holds meet on investigation for officers 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Two held; bikes, bombs seized 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar