- Chidambaram attacks BJP over deleting dialogues in 'Mersal'
- PM to visit poll-bound Gujarat tomorrow
- Srikanth stuns Axelsen; Saina, Prannoy lose in Denmark Open
- Meeting Dalai Lama major offence, China warns world leaders
- Missing Pak journalist recovered after two years
- Irani hits back at Rahul Gandhi for tweet on Jay Shah
Capsule Exhibition by CSIR concludes
The Capsule Exhibition running for past three days across the country as a part of the CSIR Platinum Jubilee Celebrations to make the masses acquainted with the contributions of CSIR in various fields, concluded on Thursday.
The venue for the exhibition was Advanced Materials and Processes Research Institute, Bhopal. Today the exhibition concluded with a enthusiastic response from the students. A large number of Students, Dignitaries and entrepreneurs witnessed the display on the achievements of CSIR at one place.
At the valedictory function Sudhir Kumar Goyal, Professor and Head, Department of Biotechnology, AIIMS, Bhopal was the Chief Guest. The chief guest, visited the exhibition and also witnessed the work done by AMPRI. He, in his address, appreciated the important work done by AMPRI. SS Amritphale, Acting Director welcomed the guests and underlined the technologies developed by AMPRI.
CSIR - Advanced Materials and Processes Research Institute, Bhopal is the only lab of CSIR in the state and is actively engaged in the R&D work relating to new materials and processes. During last few years , the Institute has transferred various technologies to industries for commercialisation.
These include Cement Free Concrete to M/s JSPL, Raigadh; Hammer tips for Sugar Mills to M/s Asugar Pvt Ltd, Pune; High performance Hybrid Composite Materials to M/s Chauhan Fly Ash Products, Ballarpur; Silicon Carbide Reinforced Composite to M/s Exclusive Magnisium, Hyderabad; Hybrid Wood Substitute Composite Materials(CM-WOOD) to M/s VSM Industries Pvt. Ltd, Surat; Advanced Hybrid Composite Wood and Wood Substitute Materials(AC Wood) to M/s Eco Bright Sheet Company Pvt Ltd, Bhilai and Knowhow for making the Paver Blocks from Copper Tailings to M/ Hindustan Copper Limited, Malanjkhand.
Other technologies ready for commercial exploitation are Radiation Shielding Material for X - Ray rooms; Advanced Geopolymeric coating material and Aluminium Foam.
- Chouhan to return from US on Oct 28 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Martyrs' kin to get Rs 1 cr 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Statue of CISF official unveiled at BHEL 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hridya Drishyam a hit on Day 1 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- 1 dead, 1 injured as bus hits bike 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Bhai Dooj: Women protest at Central Jail 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- State's boy to lead India in 7th Sultan Johar Cup 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Inbrief 22 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Poppy husk worth Rs 3.51 cr seized, 3 arrested 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Steps taken to ensure safety of tourists during Jal-Mahotsava 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal