- Not undergone any makeover, BJP distorted my image: Rahul Gandhi
- Leaders pay homage to Parliament attack victims; Manmohan greets Modi
- Ex-Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda convicted in coal scam case
- Govt shelves Dec 31 deadline on Aadhaar, PAN in financial dealings
- Kerala seeks Rs 1,843 cr from Centre for Ockhi damage
- SC stalls Centre's takeover of Unitech
Cops disperse agitating farmers at CM's meeting
Police used mild force on the farmers when they were found creating ruckus during a programme of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan at Badarwas in Shivpuri district on Wednesday.
By-election is scheduled in the Kolaras Assembly constituency, where Congress MLA Rom Singh Yadav had passed away recently.
To target the farmers in the region, a Kisan Sammelan was organized at Badarwas and Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan was addressing them. At the same time, a number of farmers with their problems related to Bhavantar scheme of the State Government started creating ruckus.
Sensing the situation, the police officials flung into action and used force to disperse the agitating farmers.
Later, the Chief Minister told the gathering that he would remain present in the region overnight. "Since a huge gathering of farmers is present, I would stay overnight in Badarwas only and listen to the woes of every farmer," he added.
Meanwhile, the Congress has criticised the State Government for cane-charging the farmers. Leader of the Opposition in the State Assembly Ajay Singh said that the Chief Minister who always claimed that he is son of a farmer has become anti-farmer.
He claimed that the agitation of farmers at the Chief Minister's programme is an expression of anger brewing among the people against the State Government. While tweeting, senior Congress leader Jyotiraditya Scindia said that it is shameful that the farmers, who were invited to distribute cheques of Bhavantar scheme, were beaten up.
- CM unveils many development projects 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Normal life disrupted in state following snowfall 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Cops terrorised us to leave village: Sohan Lal 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Will revive Naini Lake at any cost: CS 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Govt demands Rs 2761 cr as 2nd Supplementary 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Dalits bodies stage sit-in on missing dalit boy 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Kissing row rocks House, BJP wants debate 14 Dec 2017 | SANTOSH NARAYAN | in Ranchi
- Nursery Act drafted on CM‚Äôs order 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Training on water test held 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- SBI Life to build B‚Äôswar school lavatories 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar