Crime Branch nabs two gamblers from Trilanga
Crime Branch nabbed two gamblers from Trilanga area accepting bets on the ongoing India Pakistan cricket match of ICC championship in the night on Sunday, police recovered two mobile phones, one TV, one set up box, a register having transactions details and Rs 6200 cash from their possession.
Acting on a tip off regarding betting on the ongoing India Pakistan cricket match at Craft Cafe at Trilanga and the transactions are been noted in a register at the cafe; a police team rushed to the spot and nabbed two youths involved in betting.
The two nabbed were identified as Jitesh alias Gullu Lakhani (19) of Arera Colony and Rahul Raajani (21) of Teelajamalpura.
The two confessed that they were not accepting or placing bets but the two have bets in between them but police have started further investigation to find their involvement in betting nexus and they work for other gamblers or not.
After the preliminary investigation the police have registered a case under section 4 (A) of the Pubic Gambling Act and section 66 of the IT Act has been registered, he added.
Police said that the call details of the mobile phones would be searched which could help in unearthing the betting nexus operating in the city It has been known for the last many years that the city has become a kind of den for gamblers and it has only aggravated the crime situation in the city. The city administration has decided to crack the whip. Once it happens, there will be peace. Involvement of the accused in the betting would be investigated and action against those involved for long and are habitual would be taken. The nabbed gamblers do not hold any criminal record and Jitesh is a student of class XII.
- Meeting for Independence Day preparations held 22 Jul 2017 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- N America C‚Äôgarh Association membership growing rapidly 22 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Police nab four extremists 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Hospital train to provide medical services in Daltonganj 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Admin orders raids against shops to check sale of adulterated sweets 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CCL holds meeting of Rajbhasha Karyanvayan Samiti 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Man rapes woman threatening to kill her son 22 Jul 2017 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- 10-yr Management Plan for Wolf Sanctuary on anvil in Latehar 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- NHAI introduces the long awaited services on NH 33 22 Jul 2017 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- Sanction PDS shops to Sakhi Mandals: CS 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi