‘Dancing Icon 2014’ to be held in city from Feb 1
A dance competition ‘Dancing Icon 2014’ aiming to identify best dancer of Madhya Pradesh will be organised in the city. The competition will be organised by Riddhi Foundation, a welfare society.
While talking to the mediapersons here on Monday Ashish Dhakar organiser of the event said, “The contest is mainly dedicated to underprivileged girls of the society who rarely get opportunities to showcase their talents before mass. The welfare society through the initiative also highlights the phrase Beti Hai to Kal Hai.
Elaborating further he said, “Dance is a way to express our feelings, emotions and love and Bhopal being the cultural capital of the State gave many artistes to the country. So this would be another chance for the budding artists to appear before the masses.” He further said, “We endeavour to encourage these children to grow in their unique talent and so maybe we would introduce other talent hunts as well.”
Adding more, Aashish Saxena President from Riddhi Foundation said “We with our principle message Beti hai to kal hai are trying to prove that daughters are not liabilities of individuals and society, but true assets. ‘Dancing Diva 2014’ will certainly expose the hidden talents of girls of Bhopal of from cadres and provide them opportunities to make their own future.”
The competition is divided in four parts that would begin with audition, semifinal, final and grand finale. Attractive prizes are offered to all three city finalists and all three finalists of grand finale.
The celebrities and choreographer from Bollywood will judge all contestants and the participants. Expected Judges are Shaimak Davar, Ganesh Hegde and Lorance Gattlieb.
Auditions in Bhopal would be held on February 1 and 2 followed by auditions in Indore on February 8 and 9, Gwalior on February 15 and 16, Jabalpur and Satna on February 22 and 23.
To encourage all three city finalist the welfare society will provide prizes to each winner. City winner will be awarded worth `51,000, first runner-up will get `31,000 and second runner-up will get `21,000. Winner of grand finale will be awarded worth `6 lakh, first and second runner-up will get `3 and `2 lakh respectively.
- CMDC’s Aridongri iron ore output for local units first 26 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Two arrested in gangrape case 26 May 2017 | RR Srivastava | in Ranchi
- Discussion on ‘Tabacco - A threat to development’ at CCL 26 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Tungsten Extraction Pilot Plant inaugurated at NML 26 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Palamu MP meets victims' family 26 May 2017 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- Kendu leaves plucking and transportation keeps SP Latehar & PTR on live wire 26 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Teenager drowns in Beldih lake, another rescued 26 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Minority Commission sees conspiracy to defame CM 26 May 2017 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- Amazon to make global imprint of tassar 26 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Farmers’ dues to be paid before monsoon 26 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi