- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
- EU says open to accommodate more Indian skilled professionals
- 6 killed as fire breaks out in air cooler manufacturing unit
- Stalin leads protest against TN Speaker's trust vote decision
- US unveils sweeping plan to deport undocumented immigrants
- No plans to introduce Rs 1,000 notes: Economic Affairs Secretary
- Telangana CM offers Rs 5cr gold ornaments to Lord Venkateswara
- Microsoft launches 'Made for India' Skype Lite app
‘Dancing Icon 2014’ to be held in city from Feb 1
A dance competition ‘Dancing Icon 2014’ aiming to identify best dancer of Madhya Pradesh will be organised in the city. The competition will be organised by Riddhi Foundation, a welfare society.
While talking to the mediapersons here on Monday Ashish Dhakar organiser of the event said, “The contest is mainly dedicated to underprivileged girls of the society who rarely get opportunities to showcase their talents before mass. The welfare society through the initiative also highlights the phrase Beti Hai to Kal Hai.
Elaborating further he said, “Dance is a way to express our feelings, emotions and love and Bhopal being the cultural capital of the State gave many artistes to the country. So this would be another chance for the budding artists to appear before the masses.” He further said, “We endeavour to encourage these children to grow in their unique talent and so maybe we would introduce other talent hunts as well.”
Adding more, Aashish Saxena President from Riddhi Foundation said “We with our principle message Beti hai to kal hai are trying to prove that daughters are not liabilities of individuals and society, but true assets. ‘Dancing Diva 2014’ will certainly expose the hidden talents of girls of Bhopal of from cadres and provide them opportunities to make their own future.”
The competition is divided in four parts that would begin with audition, semifinal, final and grand finale. Attractive prizes are offered to all three city finalists and all three finalists of grand finale.
The celebrities and choreographer from Bollywood will judge all contestants and the participants. Expected Judges are Shaimak Davar, Ganesh Hegde and Lorance Gattlieb.
Auditions in Bhopal would be held on February 1 and 2 followed by auditions in Indore on February 8 and 9, Gwalior on February 15 and 16, Jabalpur and Satna on February 22 and 23.
To encourage all three city finalist the welfare society will provide prizes to each winner. City winner will be awarded worth `51,000, first runner-up will get `31,000 and second runner-up will get `21,000. Winner of grand finale will be awarded worth `6 lakh, first and second runner-up will get `3 and `2 lakh respectively.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Modi had always betrayed farmers : Akhilesh 22 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- ‘Gundaraj’ prevails in UP : Amit Shah 22 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Campaigning for fourth phase of assembly elections ends 22 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP-Congress accused RSS as fascist forces 22 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Jungle raj prevailed during SP regime : Mayawati 22 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Nutan and Amitabh Thakur once again take a dig on Gayatri Prajapati 22 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- PM seems relying more on social media : Akhilesh Yadav 22 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP heading towards full majority in UP : Gangwar 22 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Students enjoy annual fest Anandita 2017 22 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Miscreant arrested for attacking woman 22 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
19 Feb 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
What will happen to the State politics after the weakening of the AIADMK? There is a positive consolidation of the DMK under the leadership of Stalin, which should be taken into consideration. One can only wait and watch, writes Kumar Chellappan It may not be out of place to write a requiem for a political entity called the AIADMK, which has been admitted to the critical care unit and connected...
Indira Gandhi’s aura was different, while the aura of Narendra Modi is diminishing. She was ousted in a poll but again accepted by them.
Hrithik Roshan chapter is done and dusted, and it doesn't hold any relevance in today's time. It's over for me.
Some people don't want to see a strengthened BJP in Delhi. Such frustrated people are creating rumours of differences.