- Not undergone any makeover, BJP distorted my image: Rahul Gandhi
- Leaders pay homage to Parliament attack victims; Manmohan greets Modi
- Ex-Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda convicted in coal scam case
- Govt shelves Dec 31 deadline on Aadhaar, PAN in financial dealings
- Kerala seeks Rs 1,843 cr from Centre for Ockhi damage
- SC stalls Centre's takeover of Unitech
Deliberations on aspects of Rock Art research held
The three-day national seminar on ‘Rock Art of Central India: With Special Reference to Madhya Pradesh’ concluded with a valedictory session at Rock Art Conference Hall on Thursday.
The seminar has been organized by Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA), New Delhi in collaboration with Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Manav Sanghrahalaya (IGRMS), Bhopal. In the morning session the participants/scholars deliberated upon the various aspects of rock art research in the Central Indian region and India as a whole.
Simadri Ota (Former Joint Director General, Archaeological Society of India) who was presiding over the session congratulated the organizers for the excellent organization of this seminar on rock art studies of Central India. Dr. Ota also congratulated all the participants for presenting papers in the seminar.
In the afternoon session the valedictory address was given by Prof. VH Sonawane. Sonawane in his address deliberated upon the roles played by IGNCA and several individual scholars like VS Wakankar, AK Pandey and several others in study of rock art of central India.
BL Malla (Project Director, IGNCA) gave a brief background of projects to be initiated by IGNCA like field documentation, workshops, orientation workshops, exhibitions in Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh in the coming years. IGNCA will be organizing workshops on Rock Art in the state of Madhya Pradesh very shortly.
Sarit K Chaudhuri, Director, IGRMS, Bhopal in his address highly appreciated the seminar for its definite approach and in chalking out a clear cut future plan for rock art studies in the state and India as a whole.
- CM unveils many development projects 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Normal life disrupted in state following snowfall 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Cops terrorised us to leave village: Sohan Lal 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Will revive Naini Lake at any cost: CS 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Govt demands Rs 2761 cr as 2nd Supplementary 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Dalits bodies stage sit-in on missing dalit boy 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Kissing row rocks House, BJP wants debate 14 Dec 2017 | SANTOSH NARAYAN | in Ranchi
- Nursery Act drafted on CM‚Äôs order 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Training on water test held 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- SBI Life to build B‚Äôswar school lavatories 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar