Education system in a shambles, Babulal Gaur targets his Govt
Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) member and former chief minister Babulal Gaur on Tuesday put his government in the dock in the Assembly over the education system.
Raising the issue of teachers being engaged in election-related work during the Question Hour, Gaur alleged that the education system in the state was in shambles. Citing a report, he said that Madhya Pradesh stood 29th in the field of Mathematics and 26th in language subjects in the country. He was supported by principal-opposition Congress members on the issue.
Gaur said that government officials are being assigned the job of booth-level officers (BLOs) in the elections. Teachers are being engaged in the work. The regime had replied that 41,340 teachers had been appointed in 65,200 polling booths in the state.
The former chief minister said that 45,000 posts of teachers are lying vacant in the state. Still, teachers are being engaged in duty during elections. Officials from other departments should be roped in for the purpose.
In his reply, Minister of State for General Administration Lal Singh Arya said that employees from other departments are entrusted responsibility for election-related work, which is temporary in nature. He said that employees are supposed to discharge this job on Saturdays and Sundays.
When Arya could not tell the exact number of employees department-wise engaged in election work, Gaur expressed strong objections and demanded that information be provided today stating that it was a matter of dignity of the House. However, no reply could be provided. In the meantime, Speaker Sitasharan Sharma announced the end of the Question Hour.
- Suicide: Ajay charge against CM 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Raman visits Naxal-hit Narayanpur to spur growth 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Police book 2 for ATM fraud at Bank of Baroda 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Women pay tribute to saree! 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Tarbha locals get PMAY work orders 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Primary teachers to gherao Assembly on Mar 22 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Odisha‚Äôs Jyotiranjan all-India topper 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Subarnapur officials alerted over heat wave 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Retired employees hold annual meet 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Aid up to Rs 1L cr to IITs, NITs: Union Min 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar