- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
EPIC cards work in MP almost complete
The work of making ID cards of voters (EPIC Cards) and inclusion of their photographs in electoral rolls have reached about zero per cent now.
There are 4 crore, 64 lakh, 30,000 and 789 voters in Madhya Pradesh, till date. Of these, 2 crore, 44 lakh, 69,918 are male, 2 crore, 19 lakh, 59,815 female and 1056 other voters. Voter facilitation centres at all 230 Vidhan Sabha constituency headquarters and Chief Electoral Office at Bhopal are working efficiently to issue and rectify voter ID cards. At these centres, voter ID cards are being issued within prescribed time-limit after receiving applications from them.
This success has been achieved following review undertaken by Election Commission from time to time, monitoring by Chief Electoral Officer Jaideep Govind and directives given to districts through video-conferencing from time to time. As a result, EPIC cards remain to be issued to only 5,152 voters, which amounts to 0.01 per cent of total voters. As of now, 298 EPIC cards remain to be issued in Sheopur district, Morena 7, Gwalior 30, Shivpuri 19, Guna 349, Khandwa and Ashok Nagar 73 each, Sagar 389, Chhatarpur 57, Panna 251, Shahdol 86, Anuppur 31, Umaria 11, Jabalpur 46, Balaghat 772, Narsinghpur 252, Chhindwara 13, Betul 502, Hoshangabad 51, Raisen 3, Vidisha 958, Bhopal 44, Sehore 96, Rajgarh 339, Burhanpur 317, Barwani 37, Dhar 38, Ujjain 5 and Rewa, Singrauli, Dewas and Ratlam one each.
Similarly, photographs of only 210 voters have remained to be included in electoral rolls. It amounts to 0 per cent of total voters. Photographs of 31 voters have remained to be included in electoral rolls in Guna, Sagar 23, Narsingpur 49, Khandwa 101, Satna 2 and one each in Sheopur, Balaghat, Alirajpur and Rajgarh districts.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Govt worked for welfare of students : CM 03 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Ministers in SP to be reinstated 03 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Rural schedule of power tariff in rural areas 03 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Micro-finance companies business come down by 50 per cent 03 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Demonetisation taken in national interest : Rajnath Singh 03 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- PM to address Parivartan rally in Moradabad 03 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Demonetisation - biggest scam in nation : Congress 03 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Dense fog claimed five lives 03 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Big bang: Make in Odsiha nets Rs 2.3 lakh cr! 03 Dec 2016 | SANJEEV KUMAR PATRO | in Bhubaneswar
- Make job plan for 1.25 crore youths: Pradhan asks State 03 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
29 Nov 2016 | Ananya Borgohain
The third edition of this unique festival promises to bring renowned names from different fields together for engaging and creative discussions, writes Ananya Borgohain The third edition of the Great Indian Film and Literature Festival is all set to start on December 2, 2016 at DLF Cyber Hub, Gurgaon. The festival that started in 2015 will see renowned artists of both the Indian film industry as well as the literary fraternity...
Army has been deployed without informing the State Government. This is unprecedented and serious. Is this a military coup?
For me, female attention is one of the best things ever. I love women and women love me. I love being a sex symbol.
Prime Minister Modi is a prisoner of his own image, inflicting suffering on the people of India to protect his own persona.