- Delhi HC dismisses plea against release of movie Padmavati
- 'Padmavati': Body of man found hanging on Nahargarh Fort in Jaipur
- Hafiz Saeed walks free; vows to fight for 'Kashmir cause'
- Parliament's Winter Session to be held from Dec 15 to Jan 5
- Vasco Da Gama-Patna Express derails near Manikpur in UP, 3 dead, 9 injured
- RK Nagar bypoll in TN on Dec 21: EC
EPIC cards work in MP almost complete
The work of making ID cards of voters (EPIC Cards) and inclusion of their photographs in electoral rolls have reached about zero per cent now.
There are 4 crore, 64 lakh, 30,000 and 789 voters in Madhya Pradesh, till date. Of these, 2 crore, 44 lakh, 69,918 are male, 2 crore, 19 lakh, 59,815 female and 1056 other voters. Voter facilitation centres at all 230 Vidhan Sabha constituency headquarters and Chief Electoral Office at Bhopal are working efficiently to issue and rectify voter ID cards. At these centres, voter ID cards are being issued within prescribed time-limit after receiving applications from them.
This success has been achieved following review undertaken by Election Commission from time to time, monitoring by Chief Electoral Officer Jaideep Govind and directives given to districts through video-conferencing from time to time. As a result, EPIC cards remain to be issued to only 5,152 voters, which amounts to 0.01 per cent of total voters. As of now, 298 EPIC cards remain to be issued in Sheopur district, Morena 7, Gwalior 30, Shivpuri 19, Guna 349, Khandwa and Ashok Nagar 73 each, Sagar 389, Chhatarpur 57, Panna 251, Shahdol 86, Anuppur 31, Umaria 11, Jabalpur 46, Balaghat 772, Narsinghpur 252, Chhindwara 13, Betul 502, Hoshangabad 51, Raisen 3, Vidisha 958, Bhopal 44, Sehore 96, Rajgarh 339, Burhanpur 317, Barwani 37, Dhar 38, Ujjain 5 and Rewa, Singrauli, Dewas and Ratlam one each.
Similarly, photographs of only 210 voters have remained to be included in electoral rolls. It amounts to 0 per cent of total voters. Photographs of 31 voters have remained to be included in electoral rolls in Guna, Sagar 23, Narsingpur 49, Khandwa 101, Satna 2 and one each in Sheopur, Balaghat, Alirajpur and Rajgarh districts.
- Inbrief 24 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Helpline 108 flooded with unwanted calls 24 Nov 2017 | Sanjeev Jha | in Ranchi
- No trace of sub-committees in wards despite Government order 24 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Yadav, Lalu discuss political alternatives 24 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Govt sticks to penalise illegal mining 24 Nov 2017 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- Japan Foundation assures Jharkhand of strengthening cultural ties 24 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM fiat to get traffic system ‚Äėback on track' 24 Nov 2017 | Sanjeev Jha | in Ranchi
- Uttarakhand has failed to evolve an economic model for its development 24 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- JSM meets DGP, submits memo 24 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Doc removes ring from baby‚Äôs neck 24 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun