- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
EPIC cards work in MP almost complete
The work of making ID cards of voters (EPIC Cards) and inclusion of their photographs in electoral rolls have reached about zero per cent now.
There are 4 crore, 64 lakh, 30,000 and 789 voters in Madhya Pradesh, till date. Of these, 2 crore, 44 lakh, 69,918 are male, 2 crore, 19 lakh, 59,815 female and 1056 other voters. Voter facilitation centres at all 230 Vidhan Sabha constituency headquarters and Chief Electoral Office at Bhopal are working efficiently to issue and rectify voter ID cards. At these centres, voter ID cards are being issued within prescribed time-limit after receiving applications from them.
This success has been achieved following review undertaken by Election Commission from time to time, monitoring by Chief Electoral Officer Jaideep Govind and directives given to districts through video-conferencing from time to time. As a result, EPIC cards remain to be issued to only 5,152 voters, which amounts to 0.01 per cent of total voters. As of now, 298 EPIC cards remain to be issued in Sheopur district, Morena 7, Gwalior 30, Shivpuri 19, Guna 349, Khandwa and Ashok Nagar 73 each, Sagar 389, Chhatarpur 57, Panna 251, Shahdol 86, Anuppur 31, Umaria 11, Jabalpur 46, Balaghat 772, Narsinghpur 252, Chhindwara 13, Betul 502, Hoshangabad 51, Raisen 3, Vidisha 958, Bhopal 44, Sehore 96, Rajgarh 339, Burhanpur 317, Barwani 37, Dhar 38, Ujjain 5 and Rewa, Singrauli, Dewas and Ratlam one each.
Similarly, photographs of only 210 voters have remained to be included in electoral rolls. It amounts to 0 per cent of total voters. Photographs of 31 voters have remained to be included in electoral rolls in Guna, Sagar 23, Narsingpur 49, Khandwa 101, Satna 2 and one each in Sheopur, Balaghat, Alirajpur and Rajgarh districts.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- V’nagaram-Titlagarh rail project gets Centre’s nod 26 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- SCB Nursing students put protest on hold 26 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CM wants 150 youths get skill training in each Gram panchayat 26 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Irregularities in pvt college Lecturers’ selection alleged 26 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 3,837 B’deshi immigrants staying in Odisha 26 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Milk farmers’ body meets Agri Min, submits memo 26 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Sure, Odisha will not follow Bihar on prohibition farce! 26 May 2016 | BISWARAJ PATNAIK | in Bhubaneswar
- Posters for Modi’s June 2 visit released 26 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Govt steps in to check rise in prices of arhar dal, meeting on 27 26 May 2016 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- CCL organises workshop on ‘augmentation of underground production’ 26 May 2016 | PNS | in Ranchi
22 May 2016 | Rajib Chowdhury
The BJP's historic win in Assam, signalling a major political shift in the region, is a crucial step in concretising Prime Minister Narendra Modi's vision for the party's North East outreach May 19 ushered in a new dawn in Assam — a dawn that held the promise of change and hope for a better future, or as some would say, achche din. Expanding its political clout beyond the traditional bastion and...
Introduction of NEET would be a direct infringement on the rights of the State and would cause grave injustice to the State’s students.
I am fighting with myself all the time. I constantly try to up my standard a little bit. I don't have time to look behind.
The idea of fashion is for people to discuss, and I guess she (Aishwarya Rai Bachchan with purple lipstick) wanted to be discussed.