- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
EPIC cards work in MP almost complete
The work of making ID cards of voters (EPIC Cards) and inclusion of their photographs in electoral rolls have reached about zero per cent now.
There are 4 crore, 64 lakh, 30,000 and 789 voters in Madhya Pradesh, till date. Of these, 2 crore, 44 lakh, 69,918 are male, 2 crore, 19 lakh, 59,815 female and 1056 other voters. Voter facilitation centres at all 230 Vidhan Sabha constituency headquarters and Chief Electoral Office at Bhopal are working efficiently to issue and rectify voter ID cards. At these centres, voter ID cards are being issued within prescribed time-limit after receiving applications from them.
This success has been achieved following review undertaken by Election Commission from time to time, monitoring by Chief Electoral Officer Jaideep Govind and directives given to districts through video-conferencing from time to time. As a result, EPIC cards remain to be issued to only 5,152 voters, which amounts to 0.01 per cent of total voters. As of now, 298 EPIC cards remain to be issued in Sheopur district, Morena 7, Gwalior 30, Shivpuri 19, Guna 349, Khandwa and Ashok Nagar 73 each, Sagar 389, Chhatarpur 57, Panna 251, Shahdol 86, Anuppur 31, Umaria 11, Jabalpur 46, Balaghat 772, Narsinghpur 252, Chhindwara 13, Betul 502, Hoshangabad 51, Raisen 3, Vidisha 958, Bhopal 44, Sehore 96, Rajgarh 339, Burhanpur 317, Barwani 37, Dhar 38, Ujjain 5 and Rewa, Singrauli, Dewas and Ratlam one each.
Similarly, photographs of only 210 voters have remained to be included in electoral rolls. It amounts to 0 per cent of total voters. Photographs of 31 voters have remained to be included in electoral rolls in Guna, Sagar 23, Narsingpur 49, Khandwa 101, Satna 2 and one each in Sheopur, Balaghat, Alirajpur and Rajgarh districts.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Bunds save erosion-prone hillock 07 Oct 2015 | SRIKANTA TRIPATHY | in Bhubaneswar
- K’pada HIV-hit widow yet to get IAY house 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- R’gada CRPF Swachchh drive shows the way 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Nurse suspended for ‘killing’ pregnant woman at Baripada 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Parala MLA to stage fast on October 13 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Declassify files on Subhas, Jayaprakash, PM urged 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- B’swar NH normal as truckers call off stir 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Child theft rumour: Five beaten cruelly in J’suguda 07 Oct 2015 | RAJKUMAR SHARMA | in Bhubaneswar
- Woman’s body found at JSpur rail line 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Demand for RDC branch at Jeypore mounts 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
04 Oct 2015 | Shalini Saksena
Coke Studio@MTV Season 4 is all set to air its next episode today. SHALINI SAKSENA speaks to music composers, playback singers and lyricists about what’s in store for the big names this time It is bigger, better, more creative and has top luminaries of the music world like Javed Akhtar, Babul Supriyo, Prasoon Joshi, Anupam Roy and Jeet Gannguli...
07 Oct 2015 | SRIKANTA TRIPATHY | BHUBANESWAR
A lush green hillock, where fast soil erosion was posing a threat to its very existence, was given a fresh leash of life, thanks to nearly a dozen of stone bunds raised at the vulnerable points near the foothill in Dhenkanal district. The hillock in the Dhenkanal-Keonjhar border along Garhpalasuni-Pangatira road under Mahabiroad forest range would have perished within a few years like any other of its ilk in the vicinity...
We need to rise above these kinds of incidents (Dadri lynching) because they don't give a good name to the country.
Every superstar has some insecurity. That is why a superstar is in search of new subjects. Insecurity is everywhere.
We are keeping an eye on hate-mongers. They orchestrated riots in Muzaffarnagar and are trying it in other parts of the State.