- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
EPIC cards work in MP almost complete
The work of making ID cards of voters (EPIC Cards) and inclusion of their photographs in electoral rolls have reached about zero per cent now.
There are 4 crore, 64 lakh, 30,000 and 789 voters in Madhya Pradesh, till date. Of these, 2 crore, 44 lakh, 69,918 are male, 2 crore, 19 lakh, 59,815 female and 1056 other voters. Voter facilitation centres at all 230 Vidhan Sabha constituency headquarters and Chief Electoral Office at Bhopal are working efficiently to issue and rectify voter ID cards. At these centres, voter ID cards are being issued within prescribed time-limit after receiving applications from them.
This success has been achieved following review undertaken by Election Commission from time to time, monitoring by Chief Electoral Officer Jaideep Govind and directives given to districts through video-conferencing from time to time. As a result, EPIC cards remain to be issued to only 5,152 voters, which amounts to 0.01 per cent of total voters. As of now, 298 EPIC cards remain to be issued in Sheopur district, Morena 7, Gwalior 30, Shivpuri 19, Guna 349, Khandwa and Ashok Nagar 73 each, Sagar 389, Chhatarpur 57, Panna 251, Shahdol 86, Anuppur 31, Umaria 11, Jabalpur 46, Balaghat 772, Narsinghpur 252, Chhindwara 13, Betul 502, Hoshangabad 51, Raisen 3, Vidisha 958, Bhopal 44, Sehore 96, Rajgarh 339, Burhanpur 317, Barwani 37, Dhar 38, Ujjain 5 and Rewa, Singrauli, Dewas and Ratlam one each.
Similarly, photographs of only 210 voters have remained to be included in electoral rolls. It amounts to 0 per cent of total voters. Photographs of 31 voters have remained to be included in electoral rolls in Guna, Sagar 23, Narsingpur 49, Khandwa 101, Satna 2 and one each in Sheopur, Balaghat, Alirajpur and Rajgarh districts.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- State Govt urged to check jumbo deaths, given tips 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Green nod to cement plant opposed in Jajpur district 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Animesh Biswas is new NITR Director 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mineral transport rates for truckers revised 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Nabard sets Rs 10K-cr aid for Odisha 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Poor execution of protective laws: SCs, STs suffer in State 01 Oct 2016 | MANAS JENA | in Bhubaneswar
- Graft slur against Sarpanch; fast held 01 Oct 2016 | RAJ KUMAR SHARMA | in Bhubaneswar
- Let CBI probe cases against Ramesh Jena, says Cong 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- N’garh cracker blast: STF begins probe 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 6,263 teachers’ posts still vacant in high schools 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
Devendra Fadnavis fights like women, the way they do over water taps. I have not seen a more short-tempered Chief Minister.
We start with an assumption that all we want is recognition. I don't work for recognition. It's love for the craft (of acting).
India-Pakistan confrontation can lead to a disaster of epic proportions for Jammu & Kashmir Escalations must be avoided.