- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
EPIC cards work in MP almost complete
The work of making ID cards of voters (EPIC Cards) and inclusion of their photographs in electoral rolls have reached about zero per cent now.
There are 4 crore, 64 lakh, 30,000 and 789 voters in Madhya Pradesh, till date. Of these, 2 crore, 44 lakh, 69,918 are male, 2 crore, 19 lakh, 59,815 female and 1056 other voters. Voter facilitation centres at all 230 Vidhan Sabha constituency headquarters and Chief Electoral Office at Bhopal are working efficiently to issue and rectify voter ID cards. At these centres, voter ID cards are being issued within prescribed time-limit after receiving applications from them.
This success has been achieved following review undertaken by Election Commission from time to time, monitoring by Chief Electoral Officer Jaideep Govind and directives given to districts through video-conferencing from time to time. As a result, EPIC cards remain to be issued to only 5,152 voters, which amounts to 0.01 per cent of total voters. As of now, 298 EPIC cards remain to be issued in Sheopur district, Morena 7, Gwalior 30, Shivpuri 19, Guna 349, Khandwa and Ashok Nagar 73 each, Sagar 389, Chhatarpur 57, Panna 251, Shahdol 86, Anuppur 31, Umaria 11, Jabalpur 46, Balaghat 772, Narsinghpur 252, Chhindwara 13, Betul 502, Hoshangabad 51, Raisen 3, Vidisha 958, Bhopal 44, Sehore 96, Rajgarh 339, Burhanpur 317, Barwani 37, Dhar 38, Ujjain 5 and Rewa, Singrauli, Dewas and Ratlam one each.
Similarly, photographs of only 210 voters have remained to be included in electoral rolls. It amounts to 0 per cent of total voters. Photographs of 31 voters have remained to be included in electoral rolls in Guna, Sagar 23, Narsingpur 49, Khandwa 101, Satna 2 and one each in Sheopur, Balaghat, Alirajpur and Rajgarh districts.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Stop promoting ‘donkeys of Gujrat’ appeals CM 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Campaigning for forth phase of UP polls ends today 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Political conspiracy to tarnish his image says Prajapati on rape charges 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM openly supporting criminals, rapists: Pathak 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- People will give befitting reply to ‘political terrorism’: Rajendra Chaudhaury 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- IF elected BJP will expedite construction of Ram Temple: Katiyar 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- After three phases of UP polls, it is clear BJP will form Govt: Javedkar 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- PM polarizing polls on communal lines: Congress 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP seeks judicial probe into poll code violation 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Re-poll at Athagarh booths demanded 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
19 Feb 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
What will happen to the State politics after the weakening of the AIADMK? There is a positive consolidation of the DMK under the leadership of Stalin, which should be taken into consideration. One can only wait and watch, writes Kumar Chellappan It may not be out of place to write a requiem for a political entity called the AIADMK, which has been admitted to the critical care unit and connected...
In the case of both nations, India and Afghanistan, cross-border terrorism is originating from Pakistan which is also patronising it.
I have said goodbye to international cricket. I have played with seriousness and in a professional way for my country.
All of us in America have generally paid for our gas and oil all along. We're not in Iraq to seize anybody's oil or gas.