EPIC cards work in MP almost complete
The work of making ID cards of voters (EPIC Cards) and inclusion of their photographs in electoral rolls have reached about zero per cent now.
There are 4 crore, 64 lakh, 30,000 and 789 voters in Madhya Pradesh, till date. Of these, 2 crore, 44 lakh, 69,918 are male, 2 crore, 19 lakh, 59,815 female and 1056 other voters. Voter facilitation centres at all 230 Vidhan Sabha constituency headquarters and Chief Electoral Office at Bhopal are working efficiently to issue and rectify voter ID cards. At these centres, voter ID cards are being issued within prescribed time-limit after receiving applications from them.
This success has been achieved following review undertaken by Election Commission from time to time, monitoring by Chief Electoral Officer Jaideep Govind and directives given to districts through video-conferencing from time to time. As a result, EPIC cards remain to be issued to only 5,152 voters, which amounts to 0.01 per cent of total voters. As of now, 298 EPIC cards remain to be issued in Sheopur district, Morena 7, Gwalior 30, Shivpuri 19, Guna 349, Khandwa and Ashok Nagar 73 each, Sagar 389, Chhatarpur 57, Panna 251, Shahdol 86, Anuppur 31, Umaria 11, Jabalpur 46, Balaghat 772, Narsinghpur 252, Chhindwara 13, Betul 502, Hoshangabad 51, Raisen 3, Vidisha 958, Bhopal 44, Sehore 96, Rajgarh 339, Burhanpur 317, Barwani 37, Dhar 38, Ujjain 5 and Rewa, Singrauli, Dewas and Ratlam one each.
Similarly, photographs of only 210 voters have remained to be included in electoral rolls. It amounts to 0 per cent of total voters. Photographs of 31 voters have remained to be included in electoral rolls in Guna, Sagar 23, Narsingpur 49, Khandwa 101, Satna 2 and one each in Sheopur, Balaghat, Alirajpur and Rajgarh districts.
- Minor girl alleges gangrape by cousins in G’jam 29 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Hindu Nava Barsa celebrated at Khariar 29 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Panic as landslide occurs 29 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- RSS celebrates Hindu New Year at Keonjhar 29 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 4-day Balangir Lok Utsav kicks off 29 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Family counselling held in city outskirts 29 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Woman teacher humiliation: DM orders probe 29 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Steps needed to ensure tribals’ right to education 29 Mar 2017 | PRAFULLA MAHARANA | in Bhubaneswar
- It’s BJD’s Congress-isation with stalwarts at open war 29 Mar 2017 | SANJEEV KUMAR PATRO | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Govt to do everything to make cities accessible’ 29 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar