- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
EPIC cards work in MP almost complete
The work of making ID cards of voters (EPIC Cards) and inclusion of their photographs in electoral rolls have reached about zero per cent now.
There are 4 crore, 64 lakh, 30,000 and 789 voters in Madhya Pradesh, till date. Of these, 2 crore, 44 lakh, 69,918 are male, 2 crore, 19 lakh, 59,815 female and 1056 other voters. Voter facilitation centres at all 230 Vidhan Sabha constituency headquarters and Chief Electoral Office at Bhopal are working efficiently to issue and rectify voter ID cards. At these centres, voter ID cards are being issued within prescribed time-limit after receiving applications from them.
This success has been achieved following review undertaken by Election Commission from time to time, monitoring by Chief Electoral Officer Jaideep Govind and directives given to districts through video-conferencing from time to time. As a result, EPIC cards remain to be issued to only 5,152 voters, which amounts to 0.01 per cent of total voters. As of now, 298 EPIC cards remain to be issued in Sheopur district, Morena 7, Gwalior 30, Shivpuri 19, Guna 349, Khandwa and Ashok Nagar 73 each, Sagar 389, Chhatarpur 57, Panna 251, Shahdol 86, Anuppur 31, Umaria 11, Jabalpur 46, Balaghat 772, Narsinghpur 252, Chhindwara 13, Betul 502, Hoshangabad 51, Raisen 3, Vidisha 958, Bhopal 44, Sehore 96, Rajgarh 339, Burhanpur 317, Barwani 37, Dhar 38, Ujjain 5 and Rewa, Singrauli, Dewas and Ratlam one each.
Similarly, photographs of only 210 voters have remained to be included in electoral rolls. It amounts to 0 per cent of total voters. Photographs of 31 voters have remained to be included in electoral rolls in Guna, Sagar 23, Narsingpur 49, Khandwa 101, Satna 2 and one each in Sheopur, Balaghat, Alirajpur and Rajgarh districts.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- CBI grills villagers in Pherupur rape case 29 Jul 2016 | Radhika Nagrath | in Dehradun
- Tribute to the ‘birdman of India’ 29 Jul 2016 | Jaskiran Chopra | in Dehradun
- AAP to provide tickets to only aam aadmi 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- All link roads in Punjab to get a facelift: Sukhbir 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- CM convenes all party meeting tomorrow 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Delhi CM’s remarks on PM undignified, says Badal 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana to set up de-addiction centres in jails 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Rape survivor protests against Govt's apathy 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- ‘Badal acquired land for SYL construction 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- AAI faces HC wrath over delay in Internat’l Airport 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
If we were to think India-Australia relations can only be done at Government levels, we will be missing major opportunities.
There is excitement for the film (Munna Bhai-3). I do my job, I don't take stress. The more stress you take the more worse you get.
America is already great. It is already strong. And I promise you, our strength, our greatness does not depend on Donald Trump.