- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
EPIC cards work in MP almost complete
The work of making ID cards of voters (EPIC Cards) and inclusion of their photographs in electoral rolls have reached about zero per cent now.
There are 4 crore, 64 lakh, 30,000 and 789 voters in Madhya Pradesh, till date. Of these, 2 crore, 44 lakh, 69,918 are male, 2 crore, 19 lakh, 59,815 female and 1056 other voters. Voter facilitation centres at all 230 Vidhan Sabha constituency headquarters and Chief Electoral Office at Bhopal are working efficiently to issue and rectify voter ID cards. At these centres, voter ID cards are being issued within prescribed time-limit after receiving applications from them.
This success has been achieved following review undertaken by Election Commission from time to time, monitoring by Chief Electoral Officer Jaideep Govind and directives given to districts through video-conferencing from time to time. As a result, EPIC cards remain to be issued to only 5,152 voters, which amounts to 0.01 per cent of total voters. As of now, 298 EPIC cards remain to be issued in Sheopur district, Morena 7, Gwalior 30, Shivpuri 19, Guna 349, Khandwa and Ashok Nagar 73 each, Sagar 389, Chhatarpur 57, Panna 251, Shahdol 86, Anuppur 31, Umaria 11, Jabalpur 46, Balaghat 772, Narsinghpur 252, Chhindwara 13, Betul 502, Hoshangabad 51, Raisen 3, Vidisha 958, Bhopal 44, Sehore 96, Rajgarh 339, Burhanpur 317, Barwani 37, Dhar 38, Ujjain 5 and Rewa, Singrauli, Dewas and Ratlam one each.
Similarly, photographs of only 210 voters have remained to be included in electoral rolls. It amounts to 0 per cent of total voters. Photographs of 31 voters have remained to be included in electoral rolls in Guna, Sagar 23, Narsingpur 49, Khandwa 101, Satna 2 and one each in Sheopur, Balaghat, Alirajpur and Rajgarh districts.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Anganwadi workers hit streets for job regularisation in city 05 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CB takes Rehman on 15-day remand 05 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Jai Jagannath, CM joins Facebook 05 May 2016 | pns | in Bhubaneswar
- Investors lodge plaint against Cuttack chit firm 05 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- SDGs: Chief Secy asks Depts to stick to norms 05 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Excise case conviction very low: Excise Min 05 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Naveen involved in chit fund scam: PCC chief 05 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- EIC suspended on graft charge 05 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Rs6,000 crore loans set for this Kharif 05 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Govt has no info about potato stock 05 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
01 May 2016 | Kushan Mitra
The red soil in the hills that surround the tiny village of Lanjigarh in Kalahandi district, Odisha, is full of bauxite — the source material for aluminium used in everything from aircraft to beer cans. Yet, mining in Niyamgiri hills has been scuppered due to concerns over the welfare of tribals residing there...
I never thought I would be in this position (winning Premier League). It's an achievement that might not be achieved again.
Sarbjit is one of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's best performances. She is a huge star, but very nice and humble.
I am honoured to be the presumptive nominee for the Republican Party. I's time to unite and defeat Hillary Clinton.