Gwalior Chamber of Commerce writes to Nitin Gadkari
The Gwalior Chamber of Commerce has written letters to Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways and Chairman of the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) about the poor condition of the Jhansi Gwalior State Highway.
According to the letters, the condition of the Jhansi Gwalior stretch of the State Highway has changed from bad to worse, especially after the recent rains, with potholes so big that accidents are a frequent occurrence.
It has been brought to the notice of the Union Minister and the Chairman of the National Highway Institute that the four lane work on the State Highway has been going on for more than ten years and the vehicles are finding it hard to pass the 103 kilometers distance.
The journey time has become almost double because of the ongoing work and the poor condition of the road.
The letter from the Chamber of Commerce reminded the Minister that despite many assurances from the government nothing concrete has been done to improve the condition of the road.
The Chamber further said that even after collecting taxes by way of tolls the condition of the State Highway is highly deplorable and it is affecting not only business but also public travelling.
They have requested the Union Minister and the Chairman of the NHAI to immediately intervene on this matter.
- Modi visits J'khand today, to review aspirational districts' dev 25 May 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- HP suspends 5 officials, including IPS officer for Kasauli incident 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana Govt issues advisory on Nipah virus 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Hemkund Sahib Yatra: An Exhilarating Spiritual experience 25 May 2018 | JASKIRAN CHOPRA | in Dehradun
- Punjab imposes Rs 5 cr fine on erring mill 25 May 2018 | Monika Malik | in Chandigarh
- Guv‚Äôs Cup Golf tournament to begin today 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Govt schools to pay domestic rates of power 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One accused of killing leopard cub arrested 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM inaugurates modern lab complex at GGIC 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Sanitation, employment and education are missions for Govt: Madan Kaushik 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun