Hindi play Prem Patanga that talks love staged at Bharat Bhavan
A Hindi play Prem Patanga that talks about love and its complexities was staged at Bharat Bhavan on Tuesday.
It is love story of protagonist of Krishna Murari who hails from Varanasi. He belongs to a middle class family and is pursuing Journalism from Delhi University.
He falls in love with his classmate Vedika who also hails from Varanasi from first semester. But he is unable to express his love to her. He shares his feelings with friends who used to give many tricks to him for expressing love. But these tricks are used in dream only by him.
Now, he reached in fourth semester. One side he has pressure of making career by getting good job and other hand expressing and getting his love. Finally he gifts a book ‘Mother’ by Maxim Gorky to Vedika on her Birthday including love letter. And he began to wait her reply. One day, Vedika calls him to inform that she got offer letter for job and also says my marriage has been fixed.
She comes to return his book to him. Finally he expresses his love when she comes to returnthe book. Then, she says that she knows about this and wants to listen from him. The play ends with happy notes and a song.
The play begins with a song Prem patang ud jaye…’ and ends wit ‘Oh ho Sajani mai kaise kahu I Love u…’.
Directed by Sourabh Anant, conceptualized by Shwta Ketkar and the play was enacted by the artists of Vihaan Theatre Group, Bhopal wonderfully.
Symbolic and suggestive sets were used. Songs and musicwere used in Bhojapuri and tumri style which was important part of play.
Talking about play Saurabh said, “It sends out the message that to see dream is not enough, we have to try to get it anything ether in case of job or love. Jack can’t help you. The play deals with two issues love and unemployment which are treated by humorous manner ”
- FIR against 7 for stealing power, Rs 1.09 L fine imposed 18 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Stakeholders join hands to protect child rights 18 Nov 2017 | PRAGYAPALLAVI | in Ranchi
- In brief 18 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- JVM only option, says Marandi 18 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Speaker sets deadline for witnesses 18 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Khadi Board launches jute bags 18 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Fresh Start-Up ideas rock in Y4BIZ event 18 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- No one should die for want of money, says CM 18 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Gang rape accused thrashed by public 18 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Two-year jail term for KK Mishra in CM defamation case 18 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal